Just how hard is it to shave your legs in the showers?

porcelina

Just do it in the pool or hot tub.

Another reason never to use a public hot tub! Seriously. Imagine what you are sitting in if people do this type of activity. It is against all Health and Safety regulations.

Sit on the commode with the seat down which is VERY close to the shower. Put towels on the floor. Easiest way to do it when you don't have a cabin with a tub. :rolleyes:

LuLu

~~~~

Brilliant:)

Another reason never to use a public hot tub! Seriously. Imagine what you are sitting in if people do this type of activity. It is against all Health and Safety regulations.

I am sure she was joking, no one in their right mind would do this. :D

We need to be more worried about the skin soup, fecal matter and urine in these public tubs.:eek:

I'm one of those people who shaves EVERY Day. I don't care what season it is or what I'm wearing . I just don't feel clean if there is stubble on my legs or under my arms. Those creams don't work for me.

When we were on the Liberty I got in the shower wet and lathered my leg then stuck my leg out and put my foot on the sink to shave. I'm only 5 foot but I managed. My DH walked in one morning and you would have thought I was from another planet, the look he gave me!:eek:

I'm one of those people who shaves EVERY Day. I don't care what season it is or what I'm wearing . I just don't feel clean if there is stubble on my legs or under my arms. Those creams don't work for me.

When we were on the Liberty I got in the shower wet and lathered my leg then stuck my leg out and put my foot on the sink to shave. I'm only 5 foot but I managed. My DH walked in one morning and you would have thought I was from another planet, the look he gave me!:eek:

I shave every day too. I even shaved while in labor with my son before I went to the hospital. I have never had a problem in the showers onboard.

I shave every day too. I even shaved while in labor with my son before I went to the hospital. I have never had a problem in the showers onboard.[/QUOT

Thats funny. I was having chest pains while in the shower one day, all I could think was " what if some hot rescue guy comes in and I'm unconscious with stubble on my legs" ! Strange probably but it actually went through my head! Thankfully it was just a pulled muscle in my back.

If the hair on my head grew as fast as the stubble on my legs...I'd be Rapunzel...lol.

I tried waxing…once. From a highly experience waxer. It felt as though she was ripping my skin off and I was convinced when I got up I would have blood streaming down my legs and no skin left. The end results were just OK and definitely not worth it to go through that pain again (think 40 Year Old Virgin).

I think my skin is too sensitive. Even waxing my brows with cool wax turns my skin red for a couple days. I now get my brows threaded with no problems whatsoever. Too bad they don't do legs (or do they?).

If you have sensitive skin, have them use hard wax. Makes a huge difference.

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...

I shave every day too. I even shaved while in labor with my son before I went to the hospital. I have never had a problem in the showers onboard.[/QUOT

Thats funny. I was having chest pains while in the shower one day, all I could think was " what if some hot rescue guy comes in and I'm unconscious with stubble on my legs" ! Strange probably but it actually went through my head! Thankfully it was just a pulled muscle in my back.

If the hair on my head grew as fast as the stubble on my legs...I'd be Rapunzel...lol.

The nurses mentioned how nice it was that I had shaved. I always think about that along with clean undies.

I always just a wax about 2 days before we leave. I have found that shving while on a cruise causes me a lot of irritation while being in the salt water. Granted it is sometimes hard to deal with growing the hair before hand, needing a few weeks of growth, but it is a few less things I have to deal with on vacation. Besides who wants irritated legs and pits :p

Sent from my VS870 4G using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

At 5'11", there is no way I can shave my legs in the shower without knocking myself unconscious. This last cruise I just opened the curtain and put my foot on the toilet lid to shave. I did make sure that the shower head was turned into the shower wall so I would not spray water everywhere. I may look into getting my legs waxed before the next cruise...that sounds like an easier solution.

Lisa

Just what I was going to suggest. I'm both fluffy and decidedly un-limber due to arthritis, so I've been using this for the last couple of years.

Off topic, but still to do with cream depilatories: has anyone ever used this on their husband to get rid of ugly back hair? I'm seriously considering it. I hate spreading sunscreen on that hairy back of his. :eek:

My husband uses it on his chest. For his back I take him outside and use an electric shaver (I'm not joking, its the easiest place to do it without getting little hair everywhere. Its kind of a running joke now). I was pretty upset on our first cruise when I discovered there was a hairy chest competition, although after seeing the winner, even my hairy husband didn't have a chance.

I haven't had a problem shaving in the cruise shower. I buy those razors with the built in shaving cream or whatever, no need to lather up.

I just balance on one leg, pull the other up, and shave. To get the back of my knees I simply reach behind me with both feet in the ground. Do one, then reverse the balance to do the other.

It's actually something very good to practice and learn. Your height and/or weight should have no bearing in this. Balance problems are the #1 cause of falls and broken bones in women. Increasing your ability to balance can be very beneficial to your overall health, especially as you age. :)

Edited by ducklite

I just balance on one leg, pull the other up, and shave. To get the back of my knees I simply reach behind me with both feet in the ground. Do one, then reverse the balance to do the other.

It's actually something very good to practice and learn. Your height and/or weight should have no bearing in this. Balance problems are the #1 cause of falls and broken bones in women. Increasing your ability to balance can be very beneficial to your overall health, especially as you age. :)

This is what I do, if I can't quite balance (as in moving ship) I just lean up against the wall and place my foot on my knee. I do turn the water spray away from me while shaving. I am not small, nor skinny.

I think we're all different, reading about how some shave every day. I don't think I'm very hairy, I only shave about every 3/4 days. Maybe this is why it's easier for me? It probably takes me less than a minute to shave each leg.

Edited by Happy ks

This is what I do, if I can't quite balance (as in moving ship) I just lean up against the wall and place my foot on my knee. I do turn the water spray away from me while shaving. I am not small, nor skinny.

I think we're all different, reading about how some shave every day. I don't think I'm very hairy, I only shave about every 3/4 days. Maybe this is why it's easier for me? It probably takes me less than a minute to shave each leg.

I shave my lower legs daily, upper legs every 2-3 days. I am in shorts/yoga capris year round due to daily exercise, so I don't have much choice.

One way to work on balance is by using a Bosu ball or balance pad while doing simple bicep lifts. It doesn't have to be a lot of weight you are lifting, just a couple pounds per if you don't typically work out is fine. It's all about learning to balance while moving.

My trainer has me do it with weights and both feet on the Bosu, my physical therapist has me balance on one foot with the other in the same position it would be if I were shaving, and bounce a ball against a wall in front of me and catch it. Not as easy as it sounds, but it helped me develop incredibly good balance. It's also good core work for the abs. :)