Can you change the "Sparkling Wine"

scotslizzy

Maybe. Some have reported success, others have been turned down.

Start with your sommelier. If the wine that you are sent is on their inventory, they can change it in the dining room.

If it isn't on the dining room wine inventory, you will probably be turned down, so the try Guest Relations. sometimes they can make a switch when the dining room can't.

But if you fail, make mimosas!

On our Dec 15 cruise we were told that they don't exchange the bottle anymore. We have exchanged it on past cruises with no problem. Did anyone else have the same experience. Thanks.

Meenu

Edited by vkb2751

We don't drink alcohol. I was hoping we could exchange it for something nonalcoholic - even a bottle of sparkling water with dinner would be better than nothing. If they won't let us exchange, I guess someone on our roll call gets it. :) I'll be trying to exchange on Saturday - I'll post in my review whether we're successful. Good luck scotslizzy with your exchange!

On our Dec 15 cruise we were told that they don't exchange the bottle anymore. We have exchanged it on past cruises with no problem. Did anyone else have the same experience. Thanks.

Meenu

I had the same experience on Equinox Dec 9th sailing. I was in Aqua Class and tried to exchange it for a white wine, but were told by the Cabin Steward and then by Customer Relations that they don't do that anymore. It didn't matter very much to us since we had the premium package. And it wasn't the Cabin Steward being lazy, he did everything that he could for us during the cruise. We were very pleased with the service. I didn't try Blu because we weren't interested in drinking it with dinner. We would get wine to have with our cheese trays each afternoon.

Don't just bring the bottle to blu the first night. Instead ask the sommelier in Blu if he can help...of course, it helps if you order a bottle of wine from him before you ask. I think we finally got around to exchanging our sparkling "wine" about the sixth day after ordering two or three bottles. Remember he is doing you a favor...it's not automatic.

We've always been able to get a $28 credit towards another bottle of wine...or an exchange for white or red...from Blu. Last experience on the infinity TA....one never knows if policies have changed. Best you can do is give it a try.

Another of Celebrity's consistent inconsistency I believe. We were able to do so on our September cruise. Not sure if rules have changed. We also bought some wine from the sommelier first, and then a day or two later we asked him about exchanging it. No problem. I hope they continue to allow it, as not everyone likes that kind of wine.

Edited by phoenix_dream

Another of Celebrity's consistent inconsistency I believe. We were able to do so on our September cruise. Not sure if rules have changed. We also bought some wine from the sommelier first, and then a day or two later we asked him about exchanging it. No problem. I hope they continue to allow it, as not everyone likes that kind of wine.

Based on our experience, you should put the word wine in quotes :)

For many cruises in the past we could exchange through the room steward with little problem. For our last three cruises (last 18 months) we have not been able to get anyone to exchange or credit it (sommelier, steward, guest relations, etc. The last time we were told several times "It is a gift, so just accept it as it is or not". Of course, I feel that I am paying for it as part of my Concierge prices and exchanging it should not be a huge deal...just use this one for the next person... but they disagree.

Not a deal breaker, but not a "gift". Some have used this "bubbly" to make mimosas with room service orange juice. We just take it to dinner to share with the table now.

On Eclipse in December/January you could not exchange the sparkling wine in the MDR.

On the December 14 Eclipse, I returned the sparkling wine and was given a credit on my ship's account. I remember this distinctly because the sommelier told me the full cost of the bottle I ordered that night, $60, would appear on the chit but the credit would appear on the TV account. He was absolutely right. Appears there are different opinions even on the same ship. If worse came to worse, I'd have killed the gift bottle anyway. Nothing goes to waste with me:D

Just back from the Equinox (B2B) Xmas and New Year. We received one bottle per cruise, and exchanged both in the MDR (on different nights) for a higher priced bottle of Rose. We had $31 credit per bottle on our account, the Rose with gratuities was a little more.

The issue for us is that we have the premium drinks package so probabaly will not be buying a bottle of wine on any night (well not at the moment).

I think the sparkling wine is not good at all in fact we normally bring some nice champagne with us for the room but just though it would be nice if thye would exchange it.

I will ask in any event and give you an update on my return.

Cheers

Scotslizzy