Stow-a-way?

travellink

Saw this creature on last sea day of Jan 5,2014 Silhouette sailing, just off Sunset Bar :

DSC02545.jpg

DSC02543.jpg

Great pic. How far from shore were you? We've noticed them in our area perching on highway light poles. We've started calling them road hawks. They wait for something to scoot across the road & then they bag it. They'll take roadkill as well.

I opened this thread nervously, thinking "please don't be a mouse, please don't be a mouse," and was pleasantly surprised. Awesome photo!

This is the guy to THANK that that you WON'T find a mouse on board! (at least top side)

Absolutely gorgeous bird!

Great pic. How far from shore were you? We've noticed them in our area perching on highway light poles. We've started calling them road hawks. They wait for something to scoot across the road & then they bag it. They'll take roadkill as well.

Not sure how far ashore but the photo was taken on the last sea day, Jan. 11, on the 7 day Eastern Caribbean cruise at 11:45 AM.

My husband believes it is a osprey.

I think hubby is mistaken. Take a look at the breast plumage and the talon and beak coloration in particular:

Osprey

osprey-viera-8.jpg

Peregrine Falcon

chen3.jpg

Edited by Fouremco

Looks like the Peregrine Falcon that was perched on a tree limb outside of my office window a couple years ago. He/she was eating a squirrel (yuck - but I guess everyone needs breakfast). They have a nest on top of a downtown building but it was quite a shock to see it right by my desk when I arrived at work. I took lots of pics because it was so beautiful.