Analyzing the new tier level requirements

C 2 C

Very true, with the bar set effectively beyond reach, there is little incentive to book higher priced rooms

Good point. These days I book aqua class because I enjoy Blu and the some of the other perks, but if I ever decide that I want to go non-aqua class, then I'll go with a regular balcon/non CC and save money. Zenith is out of my reach. :eek:

But then maybe I should still collect as much cruise points as I can in case Celebrity listens and added a tier between Elite + and Zenith. :D

Monica

One quirk of the new Captain's Club program is that, through reciprocity with RCI, a Diamond Crown & Anchor member can enjoy the benefits of Celebrity's elite program with fewer cruises than by sailing on Celebrity ships (depending on stateroom category).

For passengers sailing inside or ocean view cabins, 150 nights at sea would be required as opposed to 80 nights with RCI.

AnalyzingCaptainsClubTiers.png

Genius:D:D:D

After years of whining that Celebrity needed to add additional tiers to the Captain's Club, whining over how "easy" it was to make Elite and wailing that reciprocity with RCCL was overcrowding the elite events; Celebrity listened and made changes.

Now we get to hear loud wailing and gnashing of teeth over these changes. No additional reciprocity (frozen at Diamond/Elite). Elite+ doesn't give enough additional benefits.(These additional benefits are worth a couple of hundred a cruise, if used). It is "too hard" or "impossible" to make Zenith.

I find it interesting that by adding tiers, and additional benefits with those tiers, Celebrity may be losing long time passengers, who didn't lose anything in the transition. Perhaps it is time to stop and think about why you cruise on Celebrity. Is it for the beautiful ships, great service, good food, etc, or is it for a loyalty program which going forward, will take time (and/or $) to earn additional benefits.

I have a question regarding the application of RCI Crown & Anchor tier status. This fall we are considering sailing on Celebrity. Our tier status with RCI is Diamond + (we have somewhere in the neighborhood of 240 pts). I just got off the phone with an X Agent who thought we would be Elite or Elite + but he wasn't sure since the program had recently been revamped. Are any of you aware of the correct translation? Also, what is the basic difference between Elite and Elite+?

If it makes any difference, we did have one prior cruise on Celebrity prior to their merge with RCI. We are registered with their Captains Club.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I have a question regarding the application of RCI Crown & Anchor tier status. This fall we are considering sailing on Celebrity. Our tier status with RCI is Diamond + (we have somewhere in the neighborhood of 240 pts). I just got off the phone with an X Agent who thought we would be Elite or Elite + but he wasn't sure since the program had recently been revamped. Are any of you aware of the correct translation? Also, what is the basic difference between Elite and Elite+?

If it makes any difference, we did have one prior cruise on Celebrity prior to their merge with RCI. We are registered with their Captains Club.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

so sad that an X agent could not provide you with proper information. As noted in the pervious post, you will be Elite.

The Elite benefits are very nice and comparable to a combination of D and D+. Some Elite benefits are better - some the same, and some not as generous as RCCL . Check out the benefits on the Captain's Club pages.

We have well over 50 RCCL cruises and transferred to Elite and were pleased with the program. I do not know exactly what Elite + gets over Elite (I think they get complimentary specialty coffee) but I am not sure what else.

enjoy

M

Thanks for the info. It seems like the agents aren't up to speed on the program as of yet.

How are evening cocktails handled on X for Elite members? On RCI, basically D+ gets you access the the Concierge lounge from 5-8:30 which equates to cocktails. Full suite guests also have access to the CL.

There are other perks but that is definitely the big draw.

I think both lines want to encourage their top cruisers to stay within their home line (Diamond+. Pinnacle) and (Elite+, Zenith) that is why there is no cross over at that level. But they will let anyone who has reached at least Elite/Diamond have reciprocal benefits so they have some perks.

Cruisgirl1 - Elite+ also has 200 internet min and 2 x 30 items free laundry per person

After years of whining that Celebrity needed to add additional tiers to the Captain's Club, whining over how "easy" it was to make Elite and wailing that reciprocity with RCCL was overcrowding the elite events; Celebrity listened and made changes.

I agree totally that changes were necessary. However i don't believe that Celebrity had the intent to allow Elite status, after the transition date, to RCI diamonds with fewer sailing days than their dedicated Celebrity cruisers.

It is still easy to become Elite if one uses the RCI back door.

For those who have difficulty reading the charts, 80 days of cruising in an inside or OV cabin on RCI grants the same Elite status as a Celebrity cruiser who needs 150 days in similar accommodations for Elite status. A Celebrity verandah cruiser needs 100 days but CC/AQ only 60 in order to reach Elite.

Before the changes to the Captain's Club, you could become Elite with <20 cruise days, therefore automatically becoming Diamond on Royal.

Maybe it's time to end reciprocity between the two if the companies can't make the programs similar.

Edited by Oville

.........I just got off the phone with an X Agent who thought we would be Elite or Elite + but he wasn't sure since the program had recently been revamped. Are any of you aware of the correct translation? Also, what is the basic difference between Elite and Elite+?
Very little.

The additional perks they decided to give at the various levels are disproportionately skewed.

From becoming Select, It takes only 150 more points to reach Elite, which provides some nice perks..

But after reaching Elite, it takes 450 more points, -- (three times as many) --- to get to Elite +. .

So what do passengers receive for the 450 additional points?

Another bag of laundry, some more internet minutes (neither of which we needed) and a few coffee drinks.

Zenith offers some very nice perks, but getting to Elite + brings you only one-quarter of the way to Zenith.

Edited by fleckle

Let's look at this a bit different,

They know that they have no problem filling 90-95% of the 'cheap seats'. Now you can not reach Elite with 10, 7 day sailings booking inside, OV, or Veranda, let alone a 4/5 day short. The longer, 10, 11, 12 day sailings are a better profit trip, why? They don't have to use their U.S. Home port as often, where the "FEE'S" are the highest.

So, design the Loyalty program to reward the customer that pays the most to sail. We, the repeat cruiser continue to prove them right, how? We will pay more to get a few $$ of something we perceive are free. Score again for the Corporate marketing staff who's only job is to get more out of our pockets. They get it, the masses don't. The Wolf on Wall Street is alive and well in the cruise industry.

Thanks for the info. It seems like the agents aren't up to speed on the program as of yet.

How are evening cocktails handled on X for Elite members? On RCI, basically D+ gets you access the the Concierge lounge from 5-8:30 which equates to cocktails. Full suite guests also have access to the CL.

There are other perks but that is definitely the big draw.

We just returned for a 2 week Eclipse cruise. There is no dedicated all day lounge like on RCCL. There is a cocktail hour(s) from 5-7 most evenings. It is not held the first night or the night of the Senior Officer’s party. We had our drinks (there is a menu of what is available) on the Sky lounge (like the Viking lounge). Drinks are not allowed to be taken out. An Elite host or other rep stands at the door every night to check those coming in, so someone is there to be sure drinks are not taken out. I had a club soda many nights and I was permitted to take that with me. We did not try to walk out with an alcoholic drink . Some cruises have vouchers that can be taken to various bars and lounges for the same menu of drinks.

We went most nights, staff is efficient.

A benefit we like is the Elite continental breakfast, which includes a limited selection of alcohol ( bloody mary, mimosa. etc.) and non-alcoholic specialty coffees. Again, beverages are not permitted to be taken out of this venue.

There are a variety of other events for Elite passengers and you will receive the list of all events the first day. It helps for planning.

There is a sheet of coupons for each passenger that includes spa discounts, match plays, free laundry, pressing and dry cleaning, wine discount, 90 minutes internet and many more coupons .

Enjoy

m

For sure Does Princess still offer insurance for it's Elites? Might not be the best policie but it is an attraction

Princess offers free upgrades from it's regular to Platinum insurance for it's Medallion. Platinum and Elite Captains Circle members.

What it DOES offer to Elites is free unlimited laundry and dry cleaning and much more generous internet minutes. As we get older and go on longer cruises they come in very handy.

Good point.

But then maybe I should still collect as much cruise points as I can in case Celebrity listens and added a tier between Elite + and Zenith. :D

Monica

That's right Monica....force yourself to take MORE cruises!!!:D:D;)

Edited by denims

Princess offers free upgrades from it's regular to Platinum insurance for it's Medallion. Platinum and Elite Captains Circle members.

What it DOES offer to Elites is free unlimited laundry and dry cleaning and much more generous internet minutes. As we get older and go on longer cruises they come in very handy.

We have been somewhat weaned away from Princess in the last two years or so, but we certainly have appreciated the benefits you list . Good to know that they are still available. I've always thought they had the best, and it appears they still do. Love their itineraries, too, but X's ships are nicer, its food and service have now caught up with P, and I confess the Elite cocktail hour is an attraction, as we don't drink enough to justify a drink package. Wish X would add a few of P's benefits. They'd have me for life, if they did!

Edited by BosoxI