Come Back New

Coral

"How could I obtain a copy of the 2nd picture. That picture captures my favorite cruise scene."

Don't know if it will work on your computer, but on mine I can right click on a photo; a menu comes up and one of the choices is "save picture as". You can then save it to your own picture files as a jpeg photo, rename it if you choose. It may be copyrighted, but as long as it's for your own private use, it's usually OK - just don't publish it or post it somewhere else.

The ship shown at the end of each commercial is the Royal.

The "Memories" commercial shows a forward view of a promenade deck, certainly not the Royal.

The "Time" commercial shows a large balcony with a real lounge chair, certainly not the Royal.

The "Memories" commercial shows a forward view of a promenade deck, certainly not the Royal.

The "Time" commercial shows a large balcony with a real lounge chair, certainly not the Royal.

Princess Cruises is proud to announce that we're launching an exciting new marketing campaign today, including our first TV commercials in over a decade. We appreciate the Cruise Critic community’s ongoing support of Princess, and we’d like you to be among the first to see our new ad campaign.

We understand that travelers want their vacations to transform them with new perspectives, new friendships and new stories. They are increasingly looking to discover new places, learn about other cultures, try new foods from the places they’re visiting, and gain inspiration from the world they don’t see every day. Travelers want to ‘come back new,’ and our new campaign shows that Princess is the best cruise line to deliver this to them.

We hope you will take a moment to view a short video sharing our promise that a cruise isn’t good enough unless you come back new:

To me this is just an ordinary travelog If you really want people to see what Princess cruises are about you should surely put some seniors and their activities into the very bland film

This would appeal to backpackers with the activities shown but they want more freedom than on a cruise TRY AGAIN

The money would be better spent on improving the product frankly ,we had a suite on the Royal Princess Grand Med cruise .First timers and generally travel every year and in our late forties .Princess does not deliver a refined experience and it almost ensured we would not cruise again.

We have decided to give it another chance this time with Celebrity ,

Not sure if someone posted this yet - I found this very interesting. Quite a break from the past for Princess:

http://www.seatrade-insider.com/news/news-headlines/new-$20m-princess-brand-campaign-includes-return-to-tv.html

First, I am glad Princess is returning to advertising on TV.

After re-watching the ads, I don't think these ads will appeal to new cruisers. I think they will appeal to those who are familiar with the product but that is not why Princess is spending $20 million.

I think the commercials are somewhat weak.

The commercial is not about the Royal. It is about the Princess product. It shows different ship features, not just Royal. Of course the closing picture would show their newest product. She is beautiful .:D

First, I am glad Princess is returning to advertising on TV.

After re-watching the ads, I don't think these ads will appeal to new cruisers. I think they will appeal to those who are familiar with the product but that is not why Princess is spending $20 million.

I think the commercials are somewhat weak.

I was thinking the opposite. When I have had conversations with people who have never cruised the first thing they say is, "I don't like being trapped and told when and where to eat". These commercials focus on the itineraries and don't show much of the life on board the way other lines advertise. To me they seem focused on the ship being a means of transportation and not the destination which breaks down the stigma of being trapped.

Personally I think the commercials are snooze rs and an excuse to leave the room to get a drink or use the bathroom. However, they already have me hooked so I'm not their target.

Each of the commercial spots is perfectly understated...

"Coming back new" is the main reason my DH and I cruise.:)

I totally agree with you however when you are advertising you never want to be "understated". You can't capture the attention of your audience if they are sleeping. The ad needs be tasteful as well as engaging.

Cute!

Not the type of vacation I would crave all the time. I don't mind coming back tired, exhausted, energized, and even hurt.

My Princess ad would be Return To Sanity. They are a bit on the mellow side and lacking energy, therefore still going for an older demographics.

Edited by Blk_Amish

The commercial is not about the Royal. It is about the Princess product. It shows different ship features, not just Royal. Of course the closing picture would show their newest product. She is beautiful .:D

But you can imagine the tension between the marketing and ship design departments. Marketing wants to build a campaign around some of the most enduring and memorable moments on a cruise. So they show people lounging on large balconies, and a father walking on a Promenade. But the ship design department builds ships that don't have those. It is a bit ironic. To be fair, there are also lots of shots of the brand new features on Royal (like the Spa) that look stunning.

Commercials are like reviews, best taken with a grain of salt. I am still waiting for the guy with perfect abs to assist me at my local car wash, as the ad suggested.

This ad fell short to show what makes Princess different and worth a try. If you already know then you will be impressed, not sure if you are a newbie.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

Edited by Blk_Amish