Pinnacle Grill for lunch.

CruiseWhere

We've seen it closed on some port days and for private event at lunchtime.

We have also seen it open on port days. Check the daily program each evening to see

if it will be open for lunch the next day. It also is a good idea to stop by at breakfast time

and ask. There are times it was open but we wouldn't have known had we not gone by.

Edited by sail7seas

It's hit or miss. Usually open on sea days...the other are iffy. We love the lunch at Pinnacle.

I order the same thing every time: Onion Soup, the filet encrusted with blue cheese, scalloped potatoes, and asparagus. And, the cheesecake for dessert. It's bad...I have that embedded in my mind.

Sorry...I have no idea what else is on the menu!

Edited by innlady1

Here is a Pinnacle Lunch Menu previously posted by KK.

I think it is still current unless when the new menu was just introduced for dinner, they also have a new menu for lunch. I think the price for lunch is now $15.

Pinnacle Lunch Menu

Menu - $10 per person - can not be booked until you are on the ship.

Starters:

1)Grilled Prawn Bruschetta with a primavera salsa - aged asiago cheese and balsamic fusion

2)Mediterranean antipasto plate - pesto virgin olive oil

3)Scallops creme brulee - caramelized parmesean wafer

4)Northwest five onion soup - tomato shallot soubise

5)Chilled carrot and ginger soup - creme faiche and fried sage

6)Chiffanade of greens and tomato tower salad - Italian vinaigritte

Entrees:

1)Pacific rim beef salad - mesclun leaves, mangoes and lotus fruit

2)Alaskan halibut fillet sandwich - sour dough bread, cilantro relish and cucumber potato salad

3)Crab and shrimp cake - exotic fruit chutney, lime Thai curry sauce and orange rice with pine nuts

4)The Pinnacle burger - apple smoked bacon, cheddar cheese and bistro style shoestring potatoes. This dish can be served with a low carb bun and without the potatoes.

5)Sterling silver beef tenderloin with Oregon blue cheese crust - grilled asparagus and scalloped potatoes

6)Penne with grilled chicken breast, lemon basil sauce, sun dried tomatoes and arugula

7)Vegetarian couscous - grilled vegetables and fried mint leaves and harissa

Desserts:

1)Fresh strawberries with raspberry sorbet - sugar dough gaufrette

2)Chocolate brownie decadence - an explosion of chocolate

3)Orange and lime panna cotta

4)Ice creams and sorbets - ask for the day's selections

5)Fruit plate

Edited by sail7seas

Does anyone have a copy of the lunch menu available? I'm curious what they have and what the cost is since it's unlikely we'll make it there for dinner.

Pinnacle Lunch Menu

Menu - $10 per person - can not be booked until you are on the ship.

Starters:

1)Grilled Prawn Bruschetta with a primavera salsa - aged asiago cheese and balsamic fusion

2)Mediterranean antipasto plate - pesto virgin olive oil

3)Lobster creme brulee - caramelized parmesean wafer

4)Northwest five onion soup - tomato shallot soubise

5)Chilled carrot and ginger soup - creme faiche and fried sage

6)Chiffanade of greens and tomato tower salad - Italian vinaigrette

Entrees:

1)Pacific rim beef salad - mesclun leaves, mangoes and lotus fruit

2)Alaskan halibut fillet sandwich - sour dough bread, cilantro relish and cucumber potato salad

3)Lobster and shrimp cake - exotic fruit chutney, lime Thai curry sauce and orange rice with pine nuts

4)The Pinnacle burger - apple smoked bacon, cheddar cheese and bistro style shoestring potatoes. This dish can be served with a low carb bun and without the potatoes.

5)Bistro Steak with Oregon blue cheese crust - grilled asparagus and scalloped potatoes

6)Penne with grilled chicken breast, lemon basil sauce, sun dried tomatoes and arugula

7)Vegetarian couscous - grilled vegetables and fried mint leaves and harissa

Desserts:

1)Fresh strawberries with raspberry sorbet - sugar dough gaufrette

2)Chocolate brownie decadence - an explosion of chocolate

3)Orange and lime panna cotta

4)Ice creams and sorbets - ask for the day's selections

5)Fruit plate

We have found that the Pinnacle is closed on Embarkation Day, the day we are in HMC.

As for other days that it may be closed on a 7 day cruise -- that can vary by ship and events.

Just check your daily "On Location" program.

Or if you know what day you may like to have lunch there -- stop by the Pinnacle Grill on Embarkation Day and make a reservation. They will let you know right away if they will be open or closed on your selected day.

I recently discover how wonderful the Pacific Rim beef salad is! Oh my, it is wonderful. Although we eat lunch in the PG a lot I hadn't tried that dish. I did this cruise and found I absolutely love it. The fruit plate is also very, very nice.

I recently discover how wonderful the Pacific Rim beef salad is! Oh my, it is wonderful. Although we eat lunch in the PG a lot I hadn't tried that dish. I did this cruise and found I absolutely love it. The fruit plate is also very, very nice.

Thanks for the tip, I had wondered about that. I also have wondered about the wayuga beef hamburger.

On another matter, I see you sailed the Veendam recently. I was wondering how you liked it? I was on it in 2009 and thought it was terrible, even though I love the other 3 S-class ships. The modifications they made to the Veendam were horrible.

tkwbear: We really enjoyed our cruise on the Veendam. It was one of our better cruises. The ship seemed in pretty good shape ( although she does go into drydock this spring) the staff and crew were wonderful. The entertainment was top notch.

The food was wonderful in every venue we tried with the exception of Caneletto. We did not care for our meal there at all. OTOH the Pinnacle Grill was marvelous and the staff there exceptional.

tkwbear: We really enjoyed our cruise on the Veendam. It was one of our better cruises. The ship seemed in pretty good shape ( although she does go into drydock this spring) the staff and crew were wonderful. The entertainment was top notch.

The food was wonderful in every venue we tried with the exception of Caneletto. We did not care for our meal there at all. OTOH the Pinnacle Grill was marvelous and the staff there exceptional.

Thanks Kakalina. It's good to know improvements have been made.

I am with you on the Canelleto. I've only suffered through 2 meals there, and that's enough.