Platnium/Elite Lounge

Yehootu

What and where is this lounge and it's benefits? Also what is the advantage of the Disenbarcation lounge for Platinum members. Mom is Platinum going to elite after this next cruise on the Sapphire Feb 15th

Thanks, Tim

Edited by Yehootu

What and where is this lounge and it's benefits?

It is a couple of hours in the evening where suite/elite/platinum passengers can go for free snacks, a drink of the day for $5 or pay regular prices fir other beverages. Location varies by ship. On the ships with a Skywalkers that is the location used. There should be a card in the cabin of eligible passengers telling the location, hours, days it is available, main snack of the day and the drink of the day.

Also what is the advantage of the Disenbarcation lounge for Platinum members. This lounge (location also varies by ship) is also for suite/elite/platinum passengers. There is usually a setup with OJ, coffee and pastries. Theoretically it is a calmer place to wait for your disembarkation time. However, if there are too many eligible passengers, it becomes overcrowded and it is nicer to wait elsewhere.

Mom is Platinum going to elite after this next cruise on the Sapphire Feb 15th

Thanks, Tim

See above in red

I see it hardly as a perk if they give you the snacks, but you have to pay for your drinks! after all you can get snacks all over the ship...some of you won't agree with me, but from an "outsiders point of view" it's NOT a perk. I give you a lounge and some snacks, but hey pay for your drinks. It's a revenue gain party.

I see it hardly as a perk if they give you the snacks, but you have to pay for your drinks! after all you can get snacks all over the ship...some of you won't agree with me, but from an "outsiders point of view" it's NOT a perk. I give you a lounge and some snacks, but hey pay for your drinks. It's a revenue gain party.

Since you cannot buy the drinks anywhere else on the ship for $5, it remains a perk for this traveler.

Mike:)

Skywalkers (on the ships we like) has THE BEST VIEWS on the ship and best hors d'ouerves on the ship. We don't miss it.:cool:

We just returned from Emerald Princess 10 day cruise. We are Platinum. We went to the Platinum Lounge on 8 of 10 evenings. Nice view, nice snacks, nice to chat with some other cruisers. Please do not "flame" me, but the drink "special" is kind of a joke. We paid $5 for any one of six or seven drinks that were offered. It seems like a bit of a special deal, until I ordered the same drink later in the evening at another bar and it was $5.50. It also seemed to be a little stronger than the Platinum drink. You can buy a "small" bottle of wine at a deck bar ($7) and get a glass and a half out of it, whereas a glass of wine is about $7.50, and it is a glass. I do not feel that Princess treats their higher echelon passenger as well as some other lines. We enjoyed our cruise, and will probably cruise with Princess again some day. Right now, we are looking forward to our RCCL cruise in April. Diamond lounge has free drinks, and both hot and cold snacks each evening. Just my 2 cents.

We just returned from Emerald Princess 10 day cruise. We are Platinum. We went to the Platinum Lounge on 8 of 10 evenings. Nice view, nice snacks, nice to chat with some other cruisers. Please do not "flame" me, but the drink "special" is kind of a joke. We paid $5 for any one of six or seven drinks that were offered. It seems like a bit of a special deal, until I ordered the same drink later in the evening at another bar and it was $5.50. It also seemed to be a little stronger than the Platinum drink. You can buy a "small" bottle of wine at a deck bar ($7) and get a glass and a half out of it, whereas a glass of wine is about $7.50, and it is a glass. I do not feel that Princess treats their higher echelon passenger as well as some other lines. We enjoyed our cruise, and will probably cruise with Princess again some day. Right now, we are looking forward to our RCCL cruise in April. Diamond lounge has free drinks, and both hot and cold snacks each evening. Just my 2 cents.

You hit the nail on his head. Exactly what I was trying to say. It's a joke and the real Princess fans don't see it or don't want to see it, but it's not a perk.

Edited by Topo Gigio

My recent cruise was as a first time Platinum member and I really liked the lounge and found that the appetizers were fairly upscale compared to other places on board.

What is important to realize is that those drinks of the day use more premium brands if that is important to you than the watered down drinks you pay more for. I am not a big drinker but did notice they used higher priced liquors for the drinks of the day. The days they served the huge shrimp cocktails and the made to order guacamole were divine.

You hit the nail on his head. Exactly what I was trying to say. It's a joke and the real Princess fans don't see it or don't want to see it, but it's not a perk.

There are many, many Princess cruisers who enjoy this perk-and it is a perk. Combined with the other perks that one gets with being Platinum/Elite, it's better than other cruises lines.

If you don't enjoy the lounge, either don't go or build up your status on another line.

Edited by Ethel5

On our recent Sapphire cruise(last week)Skywalkers was so full, with huge line to just get some of those snacks. Drinks were good but took forever for the waiter to come back with our drinks.Really slow service.

Was on the Sapphire also in December for Mexico cruise.(Dec 15th).

No one checked your cruise card to see if you were Elite, Plat. or in a suite. There was huge groups of families with teens. And some families with young kids. These little ones were running around screaming and

parents let them. Very unpleasant experience and we didn't return there. Staff was not controlling anything.

Normally we love Skywalkers Elite lounge. We enjoy meeting friends before dinner and just relaxing.We have been on some ships where it is not used much.

There are many, many Princess cruisers who enjoy this perk-and it is a perk. Combined with the other perks that one gets with being Platinum/Elite, it's better than other cruises lines.

If you don't enjoy the lounge, either don't go or build up your status on another line.

I have built my status already with a cruise line who really knows how to treat his most loyal customers...

Edited by Topo Gigio

Thanks, keep going and maybe you can beat my Mom...

7 continents...72 countries...50 states...she didn't count ports and lost track of cruises.....

And around the world on a private jet tour...I know I'll never catch her. I have 6 continents, but then I cheat..I'm a Airline Pilot

Most of the drink specials regularly cost $7.95 so $5.00 for a El Mejor Margarita, Cosmopolitan, Chairman of the Board, Mojito, Japanese Slipper or Brezza Marina is a discount.

We enjoy going there before dinner when we are traveling with friends, or meet new people on the cruise. There are nice views from there during sailaway. We have also had some very nice made to order salsa and guacamole on the Island and the Coral.

The days they served the huge shrimp cocktails and the made to order guacamole were divine.

We love these too. We probably attend this event about 1/2 the time, especially for sailaway from ports. It's fun to experience the view from Skywalkers during sailaway while eating some yummy appetizers. We enjoy this relaxing time of day, then go to dinner.

Gee, me, too! Gotta love the unlimited free laundry, big free Internet package, etc. Now, that's taking care of your customers.

How much laundry can you have? and internet doesn't cost them a penny extra! but anyways good it works for you. Alcohol cost you money..

Edited by Topo Gigio

How much laundry can you have? and internet doesn't cost them a penny extra! but anyways good it works for you. Alcohol cost you money..

On a longer cruise, I send out laundry 2 to 3 times and not just little bags. The free minibar set up works just fine for me and if I should want to drink more, the prices at the various bars is fine.

I don't understand the need for all the questions when the parameters are spelled out in the loyalty program information. If you are serious, I am certain the information is readily available, but I have doubts about your desire for this information.

A little time spent on research would ease your troubled mind.

Edited by swedish weave

I don't understand the need for all the questions when the parameters are spelled out in the loyalty program information. If you are serious, I am certain the information is readily available, but I have doubts about your desire for this information.

A little time spent on research would ease your troubled mind.

My question was how much laundry can one have during a cruise rather than how much you are allowed!

My question was how much laundry can one have during a cruise rather than how much you are allowed!

if you're elite its free to have your washing done but not like other cruise lines where they make you pay

someone made a comment that they send it out every day to get washed, they had 3 changes of clothing every day

if you're elite its free to have your washing done but not like other cruise lines where they make you pay

someone made a comment that they send it out every day to get washed, they had 3 changes of clothing every day

I think the point being made was you could not possibly have so much laundry that it would really be a significant cost to Princess for this perk.