Anyone else have these cruises cancelled??

Go-Bucks!

Last night I noticed that 2 of my 4 booked cruises weren't listed in the Cruise Personalizer anymore. I called Princess and the guy who answered said that the website was having issues and that's probably all it is. But when I checked the Personalizer under the booking numbers, it said that my bookings have been cancelled! I emailed my TA and hopefully she'll check on this in the morning.

Anyone else have this happen lately? These were a 3 day and a 4 day West Coast Getaway cruises for October, 2014.

Last night I noticed that 2 of my 4 booked cruises weren't listed in the Cruise Personalizer anymore. I called Princess and the guy who answered said that the website was having issues and that's probably all it is. But when I checked the Personalizer under the booking numbers, it said that my bookings have been cancelled!

Yikes, what a way to find out! What if you hadn't checked Cruise Personalizer?

Hopefully it's just a website issue. Good luck.

Edited by Aruba

The one and only time I ever had a cruise line cancel my cruise was when I had booked well in advance (11-12 mos) and the ship was bought out for a "Private Cruise" I was offered my deposit back, that was about it. A 3-4 day cruise in October 2014, seem like this may be a good possibility

LOL, I guess 2 of us had the same idea and posted at the same time (8:04 AM)

Edited by hpeabody

Ours was the 10/6 weekend 4 nighter that was cancelled. It was chartered. I meant to ask who chartered it because the weekend would have worked really well for us, but I forgot. I'm sure if it was a charter that the price would have gone up considerably. I am disappointed, but we'll probably just switch to Carnival or go to Vegas instead :)

That is very interesting. I see on the Princess website that there is not a cruise for 10-6. Very strange because there is one for 10-13. So what happened to your cruise?

Talked to my TA today. Yes, someone chartered the whole ship for both the 10/6 and 10/9 cruises! Really screws us up since my friend and I are college instructors and have very limited time available to take vacations. We booked these cruises in July, 2013!

So now we picked up the 10/20 cruise, but will have to change rooms and instead of 14 days, we will only be gone for 11. Princess' "apology" was to give us $100 per cabin OBC for our inconvenience. Guess it's better than nothing. Very disappointed, though, that we won't be going to Santa Barbara, which was the port I was most looking forward to.

Anyone know who chartered it?? :confused:

Edited by Go-Bucks!

Talked to my TA today. Yes, someone chartered the whole ship for both the 10/6 and 10/9 cruises! Really screws us up since my friend and I are college instructors and have very limited time available to take vacations. We booked these cruises in July, 2013!

So now we picked up the 10/20 cruise, but will have to change rooms and instead of 14 days, we will only be gone for 11. Princess' "apology" was to give us $100 per cabin OBC for our inconvenience. Guess it's better than nothing. Very disappointed, though, that we won't be going to Santa Barbara, which was the port I was most looking forward to.

Anyone know who chartered it?? :confused:

Sorry you got bumped. My preliminary Google search tells me that it's an Altantis charter for 6 nights.

Sorry you got bumped. My preliminary Google search tells me that it's an Altantis charter for 6 nights.

That must be some mighty wealthy group!! At an average cost of $1,260 per person for the 7 days (average of all room categories), it would cost $3,276,000 to "rent" the ship. Not sure how that's really done or what the actual cost is, but it's still a whopping load of money!

Whomever they are, I'm pretty darned upset at how they messed up our well laid plans that took alot of figuring out to come up with but is now a big mess. (Venting over!). :o

That must be some mighty wealthy group!! At an average cost of $1,260 per person for the 7 days (average of all room categories), it would cost $3,276,000 to "rent" the ship. Not sure how that's really done or what the actual cost is, but it's still a whopping load of money!

Whomever they are, I'm pretty darned upset at how they messed up our well laid plans that took alot of figuring out to come up with but is now a big mess. (Venting over!). :o

Ummm, you might want to google Atlantis cruises, I don't think its what you might be thinking.

It actually makes perfect sense, Princess has had to offer 100% fare back to fill these cruises since last November. So if a group wants to fill the ship with members of their group for 2 sailings then Princess is going to jump on it the ship sells out and Princess doesn't have to shell any credit out.

I'm personally looking forward to the 100% fare back sales in the fall!!:)

It actually makes perfect sense, Princess has had to offer 100% fare back to fill these cruises since last November. So if a group wants to fill the ship with members of their group for 2 sailings then Princess is going to jump on it the ship sells out and Princess doesn't have to shell any credit out.

They may not offer this great deal again. They may but don't count on it!

Well, if not many people booked the cruise then they should just leave the already-made bookings alone and just fill up the rest of the ship with the charter group. I think it's wrong to kick all the other people off. Seems like first come, first serve should prevail but I realize that big money talks. Obviously they aren't worried that they might lose passenger loyalty by treating us like crap. :rolleyes:

Well, if not many people booked the cruise then they should just leave the already-made bookings alone and just fill up the rest of the ship with the charter group. I think it's wrong to kick all the other people off. Seems like first come, first serve should prevail but I realize that big money talks. Obviously they aren't worried that they might lose passenger loyalty by treating us like crap. :rolleyes:

I don't disagree that this stinks for those people that already booked it. But, they may gain new loyalty passengers.

The cruise is available on another website Oct 5 - Oct16 LA - Cabo San Lucas - Puerto Vallarta - Manzanilla -LA. There just won't be any Princess perks that go with it, ie. OBC, cruise credit, etc....

One of the disadvantages to booking a cruise more than a year in advance is the possibility that the cruise could be canceled for a charter. It happens on all the major cruise lines. They make more money by selling out the entire ship to a charter group than they make by selling to individuals.

The cruise is available on another website Oct 5 - Oct16 LA - Cabo San Lucas - Puerto Vallarta - Manzanilla -LA. There just won't be any Princess perks that go with it, ie. OBC, cruise credit, etc....

Yes, I found this cruise. They're charging $2,599 for 8 days ($324 per day) in the Window Suite that we had booked. Princess was charging us $1,438 for 7 days ($205 per day)! Wow . . . the people who book a WS on this charter are really getting ripped off. :p ROTFL.

Yes, I found this cruise. They're charging $2,599 for 8 days ($324 per day) in the Window Suite that we had booked. Princess was charging us $1,438 for 7 days ($205 per day)! Wow . . . the people who book a WS on this charter are really getting ripped off. :p ROTFL.

Many charters include a lot more than you would get if you just booked the cruise through Princess. As the organization has the whole ship to themselves, they will offer additional included activities such as theme parties, costume balls, sporting events, etc. and in some cases will even include open bar. This may account for the higher cost.

Well, if not many people booked the cruise then they should just leave the already-made bookings alone and just fill up the rest of the ship with the charter group. I think it's wrong to kick all the other people off. Seems like first come, first serve should prevail but I realize that big money talks.

When people have been on Princess cruises where a group of 500 also has booked there are various complaints poisted on CC such as:

a) The traditional dining room was taken over by the group and I could not dine there

b) Some venues (Princess Theater, Club Fusion) were unavailable at times to regular activities due to exclusive events for the group

c) I could not use the aft pool because the group had taken it over

d) etc.

So imagine how much of the normal cruise experience would exist for a non-group cruiser on a cruise where 90% of the passengers were in the group and almost all activities and entertainment on board restricted to members of the group.

And how do you think that many cruisers who booked prior to the charter would react to discovering themselves on the fringe of a gay charter with virtually all of the activities and entertainment geared toward that socialized segment of the market? I think that Princess would get more flak than they wish to deal with. The world is not as enlightened as I would like....