Luggage tags for D+?

39august

I just went over a list of perks for C&A members while with the LA on Indy last week. One perk listed was luggage tags for D+. She said all you have to do is call C&A and you can get the regular luggage tags, regardless of cabin type, through the mail. This is news to me! I thought only GS's and higher got luggage tags. Has any D+ member done this?

I just went over a list of perks for C&A members while with the LA on Indy last week. One perk listed was luggage tags for D+. She said all you have to do is call C&A and you can get the regular luggage tags, regardless of cabin type, through the mail. This is news to me! I thought only GS's and higher got luggage tags. Has any D+ member done this?

This is another one of those Royal confusing terminology things.

The luggage tags that D+ get are permanent plastic luggage tags for your bags with a C&A logo on the back. They are the kind that have your name and address for the airlines. Not the same as the mailed tags with your stateroom number that you use only once.

This is another one of those Royal confusing terminology things.

The luggage tags that D+ get are permanent plastic luggage tags for your bags with a C&A logo on the back. They are the kind that have your name and address for the airlines. Not the same as the mailed tags with your stateroom number that you use only once.

Which leads to a question - ours only have "Crown & Anchor Society" with the RCI purple logo and "Diamond Plus Member" on what I assume to be the front side. The back side is blank white. Should our name and address have been printed on that blank side?

Which leads to a question - ours only have "Crown & Anchor Society" with the RCI purple logo and "Diamond Plus Member" on what I assume to be the front side. The back side is blank white. Should our name and address have been printed on that blank side?

If you are asking whether your name and address should have been pre-printed by Royal when you received the tags, I don't think so. One side of ours was blank too, and I put our name on that side.

I only used them about 3 times before one broke off. I replaced the others with something more sturdy.

Yes as Bob said. One of mine also broke off due to the airline baggage handlers. I will probably take them off during fights to avoid the other one breaking too. Then I will put it back on when porters take luggage. Ill just use the cheaper luggage tags during flights, which seem to stay on forever LOL.

If you are asking whether your name and address should have been pre-printed by Royal when you received the tags, I don't think so. One side of ours was blank too, and I put our name on that side.

I only used them about 3 times before one broke off. I replaced the others with something more sturdy.

Thanks Bob - wasn't sure from your prior post if the names were printed on the tags.

Quick question. Do you think having those plastic D+ tags get any preferred handling when getting bags on board? Just got ours and was wondering...

Don't count on it. On Oasis I seem to get my luggage very early, but not on the other ships. I think they are just more efficient on Oasis/Allure.

I for one would love if a D+ and above perk was pre-printed luggage tags like we all used to receive in the mail, and have mentioned it whenever I have the chance hoping someone at RCI will take note ;):)

I decided to use our D+ bag tags on our Allure cruise at check in.....big mistake, only the plastic straps made it to our stateroom. I guess they're only designed for a short life span. :rolleyes:

I for one would love if a D+ and above perk was pre-printed luggage tags like we all used to receive in the mail, and have mentioned it whenever I have the chance hoping someone at RCI will take note ;):)

when you reach the next level above dia+ (Pinnacle) you will receive the preprinted luggage tags like we all used to receive in the mail..

Edited by phish tales

when you reach the next level above dia+ (Pinnacle) you will receive the preprinted luggage tags like we all used to receive in the mail..

With the difference between D+ & Pinnacle...I doubt that will happen in my lifetime..but I will keep trying ;):D

In Oct on the Allure, I checked our luggage in around 10:30 am, and when we arrived to our room at 1:05pm our luggage was already there. I was impressed! I am a lowly Platinum cruiser!

Edited by reedl

Yes as Bob said. One of mine also broke off due to the airline baggage handlers. I will probably take them off during fights to avoid the other one breaking too. Then I will put it back on when porters take luggage. Ill just use the cheaper luggage tags during flights, which seem to stay on forever LOL.

One of ours was also broken off when it arrived at the stateroom on the first trip.

This is old news but I will reiterate it.

I use (as a recent poster suggested),

the $1 travel package, which is a clear flat plastic sleave the size of luggage tag, that you can buy from drug store in travel item area.

The package contain toothpaste, brush and cap in the flat sleave.

Certainly it is subject to being ripped off.

I try to put official tag, where the port handlers are nor grabbing onto luggage.

Like on the loop of lock.

And I duplicate deck and room info elsewhere on bag!

Like the cheap airline sticky name tag,

or ship baggage tag they have at port.

So far so good!!!

And I use it only upon ship debarkation!

I do not use on airlines.

Edited by ssb

Quick question. Do you think having those plastic D+ tags get any preferred handling when getting bags on board? Just got ours and was wondering...

I would have to say 'no'..... I was beginning to think it meant 'last'... we didn't get our luggage quicker than others,, in fact it was dumped at the end of the hallway and we had to go fetch it as the last luggage was being delivered .. this was on allure

NO! In fact, we joke that I has the opposite effect. Actually I am sure it has no effect, one way or the other.

Wish the tag lasted for as long as it takes to get from D+ to Pinnacle!

M