Connie vs Silhouette vs Reflection?

starfishflipflop

Which would you choose?

We are a couple in our late 20's.

I have read SO MANY good things about Connie, but hers is a shorter cruise (5 day leaving on 12/31)

Silly & Reflection are both 7 days (over NYE)

We like the ports of call for all 3 and the price is about the same....so the major factor for us is the Ship itself.

I should mention we will be doing AQUA CLASS.

I would not mind a shorter cruise on Connie, if she is well worth it. However, if I can get more bang for my buck, then it's worth it to book Silly or Reflection.

Room suggestions for AQ on any of these? We love the aft!

Thoughts?:confused:

Edited by starfishflipflop

S-Class (best to worst)

1. Eclipse

2. Equinox

3. Solstice

4. Silhouette

5. Reflection

Gimmick #1 to avoid: Aqua "class"

What to do: choose a "regular" cabin you like (location & balcony), save and spend the difference on what you want - from specialty dining to spa.

Which would you choose?

I have read SO MANY good things about Connie, but hers is a shorter cruise (5 day leaving on 12/31)

We like the ports of call for all 3 and the price is about the same....so the major factor for us is the Ship itself.

I would not mind a shorter cruise on Connie, if she is well worth it. However, if I can get more bang for my buck, then it's worth it to book Silly or Reflection.

I vote for Silhouette. I would want 7 vs 5 days and Reflection has more AQ cabins meaning more packed Blu, etc.

Sent from my DROIDX using Forums mobile app

As far as cabin selection goes, we choose aqua on the M-class ships because we love the deck 11 aft cabins with the big balconies overlooking the sunset bar. ON the S-class ships, we weren't as crazy about the aft cabins; balcony smaller than what we were used to and the walk to the elevators was LONG. Having said that, we spent very little time on the balcony because there was so much to do on these larger ships! Good luck with whichever you choose!

:) ( I would take 7 over 5 any day of the week....)

I've been on Summit (sister to Constellation), Solstice, Eclipse and Silhouette. Of the group, Silhouette was my very favorite. Just a gorgeous ship.

I'm not sure if you're aware that Silhouette, for instance, is just a few years old, while Connie has to be ~15 years old? Also, if you are thinking of booking AQ, Reflection has more AQ and AQ Suite cabins so Blu is more crowded on that ship, many have reported. Of the 3, I think Silhouette is the hands down winner and you WILL be wowed.

I think you will have a great time on Constellation. It is a lovely ship and I prefer the size of the M-class ships.

If you are booking Aqua Class with the spa in mind- DO s-class instead. The spa experience is not good on M-class. The steam room for instance is lousy on M-class with bench type seats- nothing like the ones in the pictures on the Celebrity website. That is a picture from the S-class ships.

I have done only Equinox and Solstice on S-class and they are nice ships. I think you will have a good time on Reflection or Silhouette and it seems that most people prefer the Silhouette if you are going to choose between the two.

I have been on all in AQ.

I would choose the Silhoutte because Blu isn't as crowded.

The Reflection is a newer ship and has some nice features but I would do that for next cruise so you can compare.

The Connie is a nice ship but the Persian Gardens isn't as nice and it doesn't have that modern WOW factor as the S classes do when stepping on board, the balcony isn't as large and when we were on it the balcony furniture wasn't as nice and didn't include a foot stool becuase of lack of space.

You will get many opinions and no matter what you choose you will not be disappointed.

.🌴🍸🍻🍺

Which would you choose?

My choice would be Reflection...I say this only due to the crew being top notch. Celebrity takes the best (for the more important positions) and they are placed on the newest ship. Some may argue this point...however, the cruise director flat out told us this IS the case and something they will be changing next year.

As far as cabin selection goes, we choose aqua on the M-class ships because we love the deck 11 aft cabins with the big balconies overlooking the sunset bar. ON the S-class ships, we weren't as crazy about the aft cabins; balcony smaller than what we were used to and the walk to the elevators was LONG. Having said that, we spent very little time on the balcony because there was so much to do on these larger ships! Good luck with whichever you choose!

:) ( I would take 7 over 5 any day of the week....)

The balconies that are being referred to are the 5 on deck 11 on the very back or aft cabins. They get booked immediately and are very hard to get. The rest of the cabins on deck 11 are basically the same as the other balconies, they may be a little larger but not much. The other thing to consider is the balconies on 11 other than the 5 at the end do not have much of a overhead cover so you are always exposed to the elements.

🌴🍸🍻🍻

If you look at these photos of Silhouette taken yesterday http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974907, especially the last one, you can see how far it is from the midship elevators (at the bumped out part in the middle of the ship) to the aft cabins--and that is the closest way to get either up or down.

Many people are okay with getting the extra exercise, which I get, but if you are at he pool and forgot your sunscreen, it is very frustrating to someone like me to take 15 minutes of fast walking to get back to my cabin, grab my sunscreen, and get back up to the pool.

On a short cruise this has less impact, but on the longer 12-15 day cruises, the frustration impact just multiplies.

We have been on board the Constellation for xmas and absolutely loved it. After many many cruises with Royal Caribbean we tried X for the first time and - what should I say - booked two more cruises (Holy Land and South America) while on board. Aqua-Class got us hooked - mainly because of BLU.

Anyway, while I can´t give you any advice towards S-Class - which we will try in October - I can tell you that sailing on Connie would not be a mistake either.

I posted a review on a Austrian/German cruise-forum. Dont mind the German text. The review, however, is definately laden with pics of Connie. So maybe this links is of some interest for you:

http://www.kreuzfahrtinfos.at/kfi-forum/board3-kreuzfahrt-reedereien/board55-celebrity-cruises/board88-reisebericht-celebrity-cruises/4656-reisebericht-weihnachten-2013-an-bord-der-celebrity-constellation/

Edited by Miaminice

Although we love Constellation more than S-class, time on the ship for the same price would trump our ship choice.

We would pick Silhouette over Reflection.

Be careful of AQ cabins under the pool deck.

We have been on board the Constellation for xmas and absolutely loved it. After many many cruises with Royal Caribbean we tried X for the first time and - what should I say - booked two more cruises (Holy Land and South America) while on board. Aqua-Class got us hooked - mainly because of BLU.

Anyway, while I can´t give you any advice towards S-Class - which we will try in October - I can tell you that sailing on Connie would not be a mistake either.

I posted a review on a Austrian/German cruise-forum. Dont mind the German text. The review, however, is definately laden with pics of Connie. So maybe this links is of some interest for you:

http://www.kreuzfahrtinfos.at/kfi-forum/board3-kreuzfahrt-reedereien/board55-celebrity-cruises/board88-reisebericht-celebrity-cruises/4656-reisebericht-weihnachten-2013-an-bord-der-celebrity-constellation/

WOW! I wish I could read German because those pictures are FABULOUS! I am sure your review is so interesting. Thank you for sharing!

WOW! I wish I could read German because those pictures are FABULOUS! I am sure your review is so interesting. Thank you for sharing!

I agree, the pictures are fabulous. I hope Miaminice doesn't mind me giving the link for the translation of his great review. I tried the "change language" button at the top of the page but it didn't work (maybe because I was not logged into that forum). Google translation works

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kreuzfahrtinfos.at%2Fkfi-forum%2Fboard3-kreuzfahrt-reedereien%2Fboard55-celebrity-cruises%2Fboard88-reisebericht-celebrity-cruises%2F4656-reisebericht-weihnachten-2013-an-bord-der-celebrity-constellation%2F%3Fl%3D3

Oops, forgot about the OP's question. Like others, I would prefer the 7 day over the 5 day for the same price. I also think the S class ships are beautiful, but we liked the Connie too. We like any Celebrity cruise ship! Have only been on two S class ships and soon to make it 3.

Edited by YVR cruiser

Curious as to how you ranked those...care to share?

S-Class (best to worst)

1. Eclipse = original design + Qsine restaurant + newer than 2-3

2. Equinox = original design + newer than 3

3. Solstice = original design

4. Silhouette = $$ cabanas took grass lawn - glass show removed - fountain removed - more PAX

5. Reflection = even more PAX - even more cabanas - no glass show - no fountain - reduced public space - dance club removed - full height fence added to block views from formerly front observation decks

Edited by cruisetrail

S-Class (best to worst)

5. Reflection = even more PAX - even more cabanas - no glass show - no fountain - reduced public space - dance club removed - full height fence added to block views from formerly front observation decks

I was very pleasantly surprised when we sailed on the Eclipse and there was no glass blocking the forward part of the upper deck. Just wonderful to not have that between you and the ocean and the view.

If you look at these photos of Silhouette taken yesterday http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974907, especially the last one, you can see how far it is from the midship elevators (at the bumped out part in the middle of the ship) to the aft cabins--and that is the closest way to get either up or down.

Many people are okay with getting the extra exercise, which I get, but if you are at he pool and forgot your sunscreen, it is very frustrating to someone like me to take 15 minutes of fast walking to get back to my cabin, grab my sunscreen, and get back up to the pool.

On a short cruise this has less impact, but on the longer 12-15 day cruises, the frustration impact just multiplies.

These folks are in their late 20s. CRS has not set in "YET".;) Likely not be a problem for them physically either.

OTOH, If you enjoy X you will probably enjoy any of those ships. But, not many people in their late 20s sail X. No rock climbing, late night crowds, etc.

While we've not sailed on Solstice or Reflection, we've sailed on Eclipse and Equinox once and Silhouette twice. The increased pax # on Silhouette was not noticeable to us at all. The big difference is that the earlier S-class ships have the hot glass show which was replace by the Lawn Club Grill on Silhouette & Reflection.

Oh and BTW, we did sail Connie for a 4-night cruise just after New Year's last year. It had a party hearty atmosphere that 20 somethings might be looking for!

Edited by TMLAalum

Oh, sure I don't mind the links to the translation tool. I will have to check though, what comes out of the translation - sometimes funny things happen, using these tools :)

Sorry, if you are replying to my post.

OTOH= on the other hand

X= Celebrity (X is displayed on the side of Celebrity ships.)

CRS= Can't remember squat. (To clean it up a little). It is what happens in the US when you reach the age of 50 somethng. You can't remember S---.

I am sorry. It is nice to have people from outside the US on this site.

Edited by TomBeckCruise