Queen Elizabeth Sailaway Port Everglades, January 21, 2013

rafinmd

Oh Kathi (Scrapnana), I am sorry it is too dark and we didn't see any good shots at all.

Have a great time - what an adventure:D

editing as:

oops wait - let's see how this turns out - light!

nope - sorry my friend - just not enough light. I am sure it was you there waving but I wouldn't know who to focus on.

have fun!

Edited by kazu

3 very nice toots and now more. Captain Wells, I'm honored to have sailed with you, very nice.

Bon Voyage Kathi. Lou and Dave thanks for the great night coverage, although I didn't really see much in the light.

Good night Sailaway Gang. Good night Cunarders.

Roy

Excellent toots! Nice to hear the other boats responding, as well as the condos. Not often QE gets into Port Everglades.:)

So thanks again Lou and Dave for another great sailaway. Now back to the dinner table for dessert and coffee!:D

Excellent toots! Nice to hear the other boats responding, as well as the condos. Not often QE gets into Port Everglades.:)

So thanks again Lou and Dave for another great sailaway. Now back to the dinner table for dessert and coffee!:D

Didn't know you drank coffee. thought it was always a cuppa tea....;)

WOW....they just got a great close up of all of you under the Queen Elizabeth sign! I'll bet you can buy the print from Lou. In fact, I know you can.

I had a slight stall - must have missed it as I didn't see faces:(

yes, definitely the pics can be bought from the website and they are not a bad price:):)

Just watched the sailaway. Nice of everyone to getting so excited waiting for my arrival in San Francisco.:D Great to see them all jumping up and down and with lights. Shame it was dark and could not see faces but it was fun anyway to watch everyone.

Chez

Thanks Roy for starting the thread and thanks to the Cunard board for letting us 'barge in" so to speak.

Always a huge thanks to Lou and Dave for their fantastic webcams.

and a final big Bon Voyage to Scrapanana.

Is the Queen Elizabeth also a Vista class ship? Or is she a Signature class? I remember reading that HAL had contracted for her but then Cunard took over. No glass elevators seems to be the big difference.

Probably technically Vista? but I think she is larger by quite a bit than the Vistas on HAL?

I think the hulls are identical. I remember way back when I asked about it and DBA (remember DBA) said more a Signature than a Vista.

I'm glad somebody got some nice shots. I missed them.

Roy