Queen Elizabeth Sailaway Port Everglades, January 21, 2013

rafinmd

They may have come from the Northeast USA. I'm very concerned about our JetBlue flight to FLL on Thursday from Boston. Very. Blizzard conditions now...we already have at least 6" of snow...and it keeps coming...until 10 AM tomorrow. Trying to make alternate plans...if we have to, and can't find a rental car, we'll drive our own car to FLL and just have to drive home on 2/17.

Do hope the weather clears up for you, Innlady. It's a long and tiring drive!

Kathi - I have been so busy reading your entertaining updates that I couldn't even post.:eek:

Thanks so much for doing all this. amazing! You are on a ship and still taking part of the sail a way.

I hate to tell you but you are as addicted as the rest of us :D

Have a great voyage. Fantastic that you are doing this and thanks for sharing. it makes it all so much more special.:D

Do hope the weather clears up for you, Innlady. It's a long and tiring drive!

Yes it is, Ann. JetBlue didn't recoup too well in Boston after the storm on 1/7...took them longer to get up and running than the other airlines. That's my concern. My TA hopes they learned their lesson with all the bad PR after the last storm.

Is the Queen Elizabeth also a Vista class ship? Or is she a Signature class? I remember reading that HAL had contracted for her but then Cunard took over. No glass elevators seems to be the big difference.

Probably technically Vista? but I think she is larger by quite a bit than the Vistas on HAL?

What's with the white truck?

Parents had a condo by the port and spent many sail a ways on the rocks waving. Loved it and the ships horns and the condo people with their own horns and bells.

The men in the white trucks drop the lines. When they show up, we know the ship is ready to set sail.

What's with the white truck?

Parents had a condo by the port and spent many sail a ways on the rocks waving. Loved it and the ships horns and the condo people with their own horns and bells.

white trucks normally come as the ships are getting ready to leave - is that what you are referring to?