Seafood Restaurant Suggestions

CRUISNDIVA

Ooops, my bad. Fort Lauderdale.

You need to try Coconuts. I love Coconuts! There is a great view of the yachts on the intercoastal waterway and there is also outside eating. It's a little walk from the Marriott or you can catch the Sun Trolley from the hotel to Coconuts. If you do go there, you need to try their Scoobies. They aren't are the menu but they are fantastic. They are blue crab claw pinchers sauteed in evoo, butter, scallions and red better flakes and served with bread. I haven't had anything bad there yet.

Now questions for you?? Did you book your room directly with the hotel or go thru priceline, etc? How much did you have to pay for one night?

Thanks!

I was thinking Coconuts!! :D

I booked directly through the Hilton website but I'm looking on Priceline now to see if I can possibly get it cheaper. :confused:

I paid $365.00 for March 28th (a Friday night) 2 queen studio ocean view room.

I'll let you know what I find. :)

Coconuts is a great casual place, and there is also the G & B Oyster Bar next door (attached). Neither takes reservations, but if you call while you're on your way they'll put you on the list. It is about a 20 minute walk.

Steak954 next door to the Hilton (in the W) is also very good but dressier. They do take reservations.

For really casual inexpensive seafood, Lulu's Bait Shack is a 10 minute walk, in Beach Place. It's a great place for lunch, overlooking the ocean from the 2nd floor. It's also a sports bar.

I was thinking Coconuts!! :D

I booked directly through the Hilton website but I'm looking on Priceline now to see if I can possibly get it cheaper. :confused:

I paid $365.00 for March 28th (a Friday night) 2 queen studio ocean view room.

I'll let you know what I find. :)

Please do let me know. Thank you!

Coconuts is a great casual place, and there is also the G & B Oyster Bar next door (attached). Neither takes reservations, but if you call while you're on your way they'll put you on the list. It is about a 20 minute walk.

Steak954 next door to the Hilton (in the W) is also very good but dressier. They do take reservations.

For really casual inexpensive seafood, Lulu's Bait Shack is a 10 minute walk, in Beach Place. It's a great place for lunch, overlooking the ocean from the 2nd floor. It's also a sports bar.

We will be heading dwon first thing tomorrow morning. We are staying at the Best Western up on 24th.

Can you recommend any good seafood places that way or would we have to head into the beach?

Thanks for your insight!!

We'll be staying at the HI Express on SE 17th St? What about Gilbert's 17th Street Grill or Finster Murphys? Or is there somewhere else that's within walking distance that would be better for seafood?

Thanks!

Edited by zelker

We will be heading dwon first thing tomorrow morning. We are staying at the Best Western up on 24th.

Can you recommend any good seafood places that way or would we have to head into the beach?

Thanks for your insight!!

There aren't any seafood restaurants in that area, but there are some closer than the beach: Kelly's Landing, Bimini Boatyard, and 15th St Fisheries.

We'll be staying at the HI Express on SE 17th St? What about Gilbert's 17th Street Grill or Finster Murphys? Or is there somewhere else that's within walking distance that would be better for seafood?

Thanks!

I haven't eaten at those, but Kelly's Landing is a popular New England seafood sportsbar/restaurant. It's on Cordova Rd in Southport Shopping Center across 17th St. It is in the west side of the plaza that has Ross and Dollar Tree.

As a side note,

365$ is WAY too expensive for any Hilton.

Try some of the smaller B&B like boutique motels, have a look at Trivago for best pricing.

We love Coconuts and can also recommend the Casablanca Cafe for delicious food, including seafood, in a romantic environment next to the Ocean.

Hi Royalcruz

How casual is coconuts during the day? We are thinking of trying there when we arrive next Friday. Usually starving when we arrive :) Will nice shorts /shirts do?

Thank you ,Reader

Edited by Reader0108598

Thanks!

Gilbert's has excellent food, but not sure what kind of seafood (if any) they offer. But the burgers--> wow.

I'd walk to Kelly's Landing, Southport Raw Bar, or Quarterdeck for seafood. They are all right next to each other on Cordova Rd.

Finster Murphy's is more like a seafood "market" but they do serve some food for lunch and it is quite good!

However, a great lunch can also be had (non-seafood) at Laspada's Hoagies which is right behind Finster Murphy's in the shopping plaza.

Hi Royalcruz

How casual is coconuts during the day? We are thinking of trying there when we arrive next Friday. Usually starving when we arrive :) Will nice shorts /shirts do?

Thank you ,Reader

Coconuts is casual day and night. Although some people will be dressed in country club casual or trendy clothing, it's not unusual to see people in nice shorts, tshirts, and sandals even in the evening.

Edited by royalcruz

15th St Fisheries is about 4 miles away from Hilton Beach.

Dh and I went there in Sept before our cruise. We were dressed casual but others were dressed up to dine upstairs. Ate indoor dockside and then went outside to watch people feed the tarpons and the jack fish.

Shared the Florida Bayou Fried Gator ($12) and Joe's Sizzler Skillet ($18) with a Sangria for dh and a Tarpontini for me.