Portofino Specials

JeweliM

Can anyone share any Portofino specials that the Explorer had on recent cruises? Were there any nights where the price was discounted from the standard rate? Maybe while the ship was in port?

Have never heard of anything such as you describe. Can you imagine the uproar if they did do this and some passengers paid more than others? I, for one, would not be pleased. :(

Have never heard of anything such as you describe. Can you imagine the uproar if they did do this and some passengers paid more than others? I, for one, would not be pleased. :(

Good point. Lots of people pay in advance. There would be lines at guest services requesting refunds for the difference between what they paid and that nights "special price"........

We used our "BOGO" coupon last month on Freedom in Portofino. Fantastic service, wonderful food, and a great bottle of wine. Looking forward to a repeat visit in March! :)

Did not know there was a Portofino on Explorer. Now I am looking forward to visiting that one too!

Once all of the dry dock updates are finished...sigh...I think my favorite restaurant will be going into

extinction. :(

Edited by island lady

They have deals like this on Oasis, Allure, and probably other ships, too. The Celebration Dining Deal, for example, lets you eat at a few of the specialty restaurants with a group of 4 or more on day 1 or 2 and get a $30 beverage credit for free. The Set Sail Dining Deal, for larger groups of 8-10 people, valid on day 1 only, gives you 30% off the regular cover charge.

And then there are the dining packages that give a roughly 20% discount if you buy several specialty restaurant dinners at one time.

Anyway, all of this to say that Royal Caribbean already has discounting programs in place where others may be paying less for their meal.

Edited by Daghis

Can anyone share any Portofino specials that the Explorer had on recent cruises? Were there any nights where the price was discounted from the standard rate? Maybe while the ship was in port?

Thanks.

I can't address your specific question, but in response to you and to other posts: Sometimes a ship will have a first night special available to all.

The Independence did on December 29: BOGO at Giovanni's Table.

YEARS AND YEARS ago, on our first cruise on the Explorer, Portofino charged a reduced fee on the first night. It just happened to be my daughter's birthday, so we took it. The numbers would be irrelevant today. ;)

island lady, pardon me for the hijack :o, but would you mind terribly restructuring your signature so that your countdown clocks line up horizontally instead of vertically? The way you have it now, it "stretches" out the board and we have to scroll across to read posts. If you could just put a space in between your clocks, they would line up the other way. If you would consider doing this, that would be great. :) Thanks.

island lady, pardon me for the hijack :o, but would you mind terribly restructuring your signature so that your countdown clocks line up horizontally instead of vertically? The way you have it now, it "stretches" out the board and we have to scroll across to read posts. If you could just put a space in between your clocks, they would line up the other way. If you would consider doing this, that would be great. :) Thanks.

Oops...sorry about that Karen. Actually the way the clocks and my signature show up when I scroll down is that they are already horizonal, and don't show up as stretched on my end when I view them. Weird it would be different in another view.

I used to have them line up vertically, but others complained they were too long. So I take great pains to make sure there are no spaces to make it all compact.

Maybe I just need to eliminate the clocks altogether. :(

I like your line up....nice and compact. Guess that is what I should do also?

Edited by island lady

I can't address your specific question, but in response to you and to other posts: Sometimes a ship will have a first night special available to all.

The Independence did on December 29: BOGO at Giovanni's Table.

YEARS AND YEARS ago, on our first cruise on the Explorer, Portofino charged a reduced fee on the first night. It just happened to be my daughter's birthday, so we took it. The numbers would be irrelevant today. ;)

I apologize. I misspoke. (miswrote?) The special was $15 instead of $20.

Oops...sorry about that Karen. Actually the way the clocks and my signature show up when I scroll down is that they are already horizonal, and don't show up as stretched on my end when I view them...

Ooops, I beg your pardon - I meant the other way around. I see a long stretched out board because your clocks are all in one line, but I can understand that some may see them as "too long" if stacked on top of each other. The other option is for me to turn off all signatures, but I really hate to do that because I miss a lot of info that way, such as past and future cruises, etc.

Anyway, again sorry to OP for the little detour - I won't mention it again here, and thanks, island lady. :)

Ooops, I beg your pardon - I meant the other way around. I see a long stretched out board because your clocks are all in one line, but I can understand that some may see them as "too long" if stacked on top of each other. The other option is for me to turn off all signatures, but I really hate to do that because I miss a lot of info that way, such as past and future cruises, etc.

Anyway, again sorry to OP for the little detour - I won't mention it again here, and thanks, island lady. :)

No problem! :)

OK, now does this look better? I took out the clocks totally.