Deployment schedule: let the guessing begin!

Anyone have ANY info on the Radiance going from Alaska to Sydney? I know it will be two legs.....if it stays the same. Vancouver to Honolulu and then Honolulu to Sydney. Not seeing either on cruising power. Don't know if anyone has any "inside" info on the release dates?

Anyone have ANY info on the Radiance going from Alaska to Sydney? I know it will be two legs.....if it stays the same. Vancouver to Honolulu and then Honolulu to Sydney. Not seeing either on cruising power. Don't know if anyone has any "inside" info on the release dates?

Port Schedules show

Honolulu 21/9/15

Sydney 9/10/15

I am booked on the Orig 14day to Fort Lauderdale, they told me yesterday they are working on what they will do for us, to see if we will stay on the new 8 day TA or not. Should have that taken care of by Wed and then it will be open to all.

Very good to know, will definitely keep an eye out. Thank you :)

If Radiance arrives in Honolulu on September 21 and leaves Vancouver September 11th, that means another 10 day cruise like this coming September. oh well. :(

Well that sucks :((. I have to move my current Sept booking on Rhapsody (the very best itinerary ever) to next year. Not having an overnight in Maui or Oahu is a shame... unless they plan to overnight in Honolulu. RCL, are you listening?

The Transpacific according to above dates from Hawaii-Sydney would be 19 days, but this year it's 18 days, so maybe overnighting can happen??

Well that sucks :((. I have to move my current Sept booking on Rhapsody (the very best itinerary ever) to next year. Not having an overnight in Maui or Oahu is a shame... unless they plan to overnight in Honolulu. RCL, are you listening?

The Transpacific according to above dates from Hawaii-Sydney would be 19 days, but this year it's 18 days, so maybe overnighting can happen??

Remember that you lose a calendar day when you are going to Sydney...so it will actually only be 17 days. :( 30 days hath September...9/21 to 10/9, I figure 18 days next year as well.

Edited by Coralc

Remember that you lose a calendar day when you are going to Sydney...so it will actually only be 17 days. :( 30 days hath September...9/21 to 10/9, I figure 18 days next year as well.

Damn! Forgot all about that :(

So I guess it really will be like 2014's 10-day itinerary then. Has anyone viewed any port schedules in between Vancouver - Oahu?

I can't believe they have not released the Hawaii itineraries yet. I am checking out NCL since their itineraries are so good for Hawaii even though NCL is not my first choice.

Weve done the NCL Hawaii cruise

The ship is OK but the itinerary cant be beat especially if you flyin a couple days pre cruise

MAYBE

Quantum of the Seas will replace Explorer of the Seas in Australia 15/16 season.

Just my gut feeling.

From the USA and many other countries Royal Caribbean website. Not here in Oz.

"NEW YORK LONDON SHANGHAI

World Class Cruising.

Quantum Class Views.

Explore the globe on the Quantum Class."

NEW YORK LONDON SHANGHAI SYDNEY

Now that sounds more global.

6 days ago all the Explorer of the Seas promo info removed from the Australian Royal Caribbean website.

Time will tell.

Does anyone know what time exactly the itineraries get released?

I got a C&A email that Explorer itineraries will be released from 29 April in Aus/NZ.

Does that mean midnight or some time that day?

What happened with other places around the world? :)

Desperately want to book the repo!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi from Serenade. We sailed yesterday. Since Internet is now 85cents per minute I haven't read the recent posts so apologise if this has been mentioned. I asked the LA today and Explorer relocation will be able for booking on the 29th. I've made my appointment!

Jo

Hi from Serenade. We sailed yesterday. Since Internet is now 85cents per minute I haven't read the recent posts so apologise if this has been mentioned. I asked the LA today and Explorer relocation will be able for booking on the 29th. I've made my appointment!

Jo

If you're still on, who is the current cruise director?

I got a C&A email that Explorer itineraries will be released from 29 April in Aus/NZ.

Nothing's been opening at midnight to my knowledge. The most recent opening was around opening of normal business hours. There have also been occasions where they were loaded the evening before. Basically, once you get close it pays to keep checking. They will likely be available for booking first through RCI or a TA before they show up with pricing on the RCI website, which has lagged with deployments recently.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Edited by Dave85

Although if enough people do this and a large percentage of them cancel the day before final payment is due, the prices will drop drastically right after final payment date. Which makes for a lot of mad people who see the prices drop right out from under them right after they pay the cruise off.

It has happened to me and I've seen it happen so much that I am now beginning to wait to book cruises at the last minute unless it's a "must do" cruise. I've noticed flights don't change much in price so paying $30 or $40 more for a flight makes no difference to me when I save hundreds on a cruise.

We actually booked our cruise sailing out of Panama just 3 weeks prior to sail date and got a GS for $1299pp for a full week. My kind of deal. :D

Gina

This actually happened to me for my upcoming winter cruise - I'd been tracking the price on it for about 8 months - The price suddenly dropped at the end of Summer and so I got a quote on a single occupancy guarantee cabin through a TA. I did a bank transfer of the deposit on Monday night - it showed in the TA's account on Tuesday morning but they were unwilling to honour the further price drop on the same cabin that they released that morning (equivalent to 30% of the fare!) nor even offer OBC to the same value. Kicked up a stink and within 4 hours had them agree to give me the new price if I paid in full that day via credit card.

Well, since the LA onboard Grandeur told us to do it to get the obc since bookings for fall 2015 weren't open yet...

I'd say no, it has no impact on supply and demand since on any one cruise I doubt there are that many dummy bookings.

It's interesting that the LA said that - I was told the same thing onboard Radiance at Christmas too but yet when the price dropped on my 2015 booking I rang RC to get the price adjusted and they said "NO". If I wanted the new price I'd have to cancel the entire booking AND lose my OBC from the future cruise loyalty booking and pay the full deposit (not the reduced deposit of the onboard booking and that would take "2 financial cycles to be refunded" = read up to 3 months!). Since the price drop was worth over $100pp and the OBC was a quarter of that I did the cancel and rebook. Then I tried to add the second passenger name to the booking and told again that I would have to cancel the whole thing and rebook at the now higher prices - and yet I was assured by the LA that I could add that second person at no charge up until 6 months before (I was planning to travel with a friend and I didn't have her full name and passport details etc to put on the booking as she was on another trip of her own). More fool RCL because at that point I saw :mad: and started really hunting for a bargain and ended up finding one too with an online TA - saved a further $350 - cost now is $80 above half of the originally quoted rate - essentially a 2 for 1 offer and that's with NO OBC or loyalty or C&A discount AND I got the cabin back that I had originally booked the first time :D

So then that begs the question - does the flexibility of those on board loyalty bookings only apply to North Americans and North American sailings?

I actually read an article recently about how airlines discount their seats and how there are only a certain number of seats in each fare bracket for the same class and that the prices go up as the seats sell and that the big discounts often come when the sales slow as they know that they can command high prices for last minute seats (and that there will always be a demand for last minute seats) but that they want to guarantee sales of the majority of the seats. Obviously airfares have a much less forgiving cancellation and refund policy in general but I could see a similar model working for cruise cabins hence why I asked the original question.

I guess in the long run we will never truly know if there's any logic behind it all. :cool:

Do we know the itinerary? This is one that I definitely want to consider IF the itinerary is good otherwise I'll sit harbourside and watch the flags

From the Royal Caribbean Australian Facebook page approx. 1 hour ago.

Pause the countdown - unfortunately, we will be delaying the release of our 2015-16 Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific cruise season due to technical issues. We'd like to ensure everything is in working order before going on sale, so please bear with us! Stay tuned for the official announcement in approximately 1 week

Pause the countdown - unfortunately, we will be delaying the release of our 2015-16 Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific cruise season due to technical issues.

Why am I not surprised? Or maybe this is really something to do with organising different ships for Australia?

MAYBE

Quantum of the Seas will replace Explorer of the Seas in Australia 15/16 season.

Just my gut feeling.

From the USA and many other countries Royal Caribbean website. Not here in Oz.

"NEW YORK LONDON SHANGHAI

World Class Cruising.

Quantum Class Views.

Explore the globe on the Quantum Class."

NEW YORK LONDON SHANGHAI SYDNEY

Now that sounds more global.

6 days ago all the Explorer of the Seas promo info removed from the Australian Royal Caribbean website.

Time will tell.

I was thinking (hoping) the same thing. A big maybe, but it does add up. Especially now with the further delay in release of Aus schedules.;)

Why am I not surprised? Or maybe this is really something to do with organising different ships for Australia?

I think I may have said something similar on their Facebook page..... No one is holding their breath

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Forums mobile app

Edited by jennyau

Pause the countdown - unfortunately, we will be delaying the release of our 2015-16 Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific cruise season due to technical issues. We'd like to ensure everything is in working order before going on sale, so please bear with us! Stay tuned for the official announcement in approximately 1 week

Nothing new here. Same happened last year. Didnt get to book until after we got off the ship in HNL in May:mad:

Nothing new here. Same happened last year. Didnt get to book until after we got off the ship in HNL in May:mad:

There's a few people on the FB page in the past week or so on multiple posts saying they've rung RCI and been told Aus/NZ itineraries won't be available until August.... :confused: