Princess TV commercial

kendon

Yuck. I thought they were smarmy and cheesy (not good cheesy, but cloying Hallmark Channel movie cheesy), especially the one with the little kid.

Just saw the one with the sleeping child last night.

My first reaction was - "Nice" but then, as I thought about it I realized that if I hadn't already sailed Princess what that ad would say to me is that people fall asleep on Princess cruises. I don't think that's the image they're looking to portray. :(

Also, what does "Come Back New?" mean?

For the millions this must have cost I think they could have come up with something more meaningful.

Just saw the one with the sleeping child last night.

My first reaction was - "Nice" but then, as I thought about it I realized that if I hadn't already sailed Princess what that ad would say to me is that people fall asleep on Princess cruises. I don't think that's the image they're looking to portray. :(

Also, what does "Come Back New?" mean?

For the millions this must have cost I think they could have come up with something more meaningful.

I find it weird that he talks about a full day at port (playing pirates, swimming with dolphins) and then finished the day watching a movie against the setting sun when the commercial is in pure daylight - you would think they would have filmed the scene of him carrying his daughter in the evening or with a beautiful sunlight.

The one with the couple with wine at dinner - I am like so what, he ordered a different wine. It is one of those commercials that doesn't catch your attention and I leave the room to go fill up on drinks or whatever.

They are the most boring cruise commercials I have ever seen. I think the best cruise commercial I have seen was RCCL where they actually showed you the things you can do (ice trekking in Alaska, visiting ruins in Greece or Italy, etc…).

I hope Princess pulls these and goes back to the drawing board as I hate that they are spending prime time money on these!

Come back new means to come back rejuvenated/fresh, or at least I think that was the plan.

I like them and find the simplicity of the ads to be upscale.

I agree. They are not designed to attract the party crowd. There is a reason we like Princess. We feel comfortable with their product and the people that cruise with them.

I find it weird that he talks about a full day at port (playing pirates, swimming with dolphins) and then finished the day watching a movie against the setting sun when the commercial is in pure daylight - you would think they would have filmed the scene of him carrying his daughter in the evening or with a beautiful sunlight.

The one with the couple with wine at dinner - I am like so what, he ordered a different wine. It is one of those commercials that doesn't catch your attention and I leave the room to go fill up on drinks or whatever. When I first saw that ad I thought it was going to be an ad about erectile dysfunction or testosterone replacement.

They are the most boring cruise commercials I have ever seen. I think the best cruise commercial I have seen was RCCL where they actually showed you the things you can do (ice trekking in Alaska, visiting ruins in Greece or Italy, etc…).

I hope Princess pulls these and goes back to the drawing board as I hate that they are spending prime time money on these!

Come back new means to come back rejuvenated/fresh, or at least I think that was the plan.

I am a commercial junky. When my wife is watching one of her life time shows and I'm on the computer my head spins around like Linda Blair in the Exorcist when the commercial for Royal Caribbean comes on. While I have no desire to sail on one of their mega ships the commercials do capture my attention with views of the ship, entertainment and food. Then the cut in to a shot of the Oasis and they lose me.

Edited by Iamcruzin

I agree. They are not designed to attract the party crowd. There is a reason we like Princess. We feel comfortable with their product and the people that cruise with them.

While I agree with you, They do nothing to compel you to book a cruise with them. Those of us who already enjoy the product know what to expect and don't need the solicitation to book a cruise with them. Someone new to cruising or Princess would probably fast forward or walk out of the room. The ads are monotone and slow paced. They just don't capture your attention. Celebrity is pretty much on par with Princess and their ads are tasteful but actually advertise the food, entertainment and spas. I don't get the party feeling from them like I get when viewing a Carnival ad. I prefer the Escape Completely campaign. Come back New suggests that the cruise is over before it even begins and that is just sad.:(

Some bait and switch in the ads.

Show the father carrying the sleeping child on a ship with a full promenade deck and end the commercial with a beautiful ship without that feature.

Show someone on a nice sized balcony and end the commercial with a beautiful ship with balconies which cannot hold the size of the balcony furniture depicted.

Edited by caribill

Some bait and switch in the ads.

Show the father carrying the sleeping child on a ship with a full promenade deck and end the commercial with a beautiful ship without that feature.

Show someone on a nice sized balcony and end the commercial with a beautiful ship with balconies which cannot hold the size of the balcony furniture depicted.

The commercial is for Princess. They have large balconies with furniture on their ships as well as small balconies.

They have ships with full promenades.

They have a new ship also. This is not bait and switch.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app