Very Early Arrival on Departure Day - FLL

alw1977

Hi All. We are departing out of Port Everglades in Indy of the Seas. Our flight in to FLL arrives quite early, around 8:30am. We will have a 2 and a 4 year old in tow. They will likely be hungry at that point. What are our options for this early arrival? Can we drop luggage at cruise pier and then walk somewhere to breakfast? Or, will we need a cab right out of Port Everglades for that? Any ideas on what to do until noon or so?

PS - bonus points if you can point me to the closest store to obtain wine and kid's snacks.

Edited by alw1977

There is a Publix grocery store and a Total Wine (both sell wine and snacks) very near the entrance to PE.

After deplaning and grabbing your bags it will be closer to 9:00-9:15; I would try to grab breakfast at the airport, cab to Publix/TW -- one shops while the other stays with the kids and bags (shop fast - the meter is running), and then head to your ship and check in early (you can start dropping bags as early as about 9:30 or so).

You'll need car seats for both kids - it is the law in FLA; the airline will chekc them for free if you are not using them on the plane. Good luck! :)

Hi All. We are departing out of Port Everglades in Indy of the Seas. Our flight in to FLL arrives quite early, around 8:30am. We will have a 2 and a 4 year old in tow. They will likely be hungry at that point. What are our options for this early arrival? Can we drop luggage at cruise pier and then walk somewhere to breakfast? Or, will we need a cab right out of Port Everglades for that? Any ideas on what to do until noon or so?

PS - bonus points if you can point me to the closest store to obtain wine and kid's snacks.

There is a shopping center off of 17th St called Harbor Shops that is right on the way to Port Everglades. There is an outstanding wine store there called Total Wine, and also a grocery store called Publix. There may also be a place to grab a snack. I don't know if this would all work with a taxi waiting. Maybe you could grab a quick snack at the airport to tide them over, and then head out to store and cruise port so as to minimize taxi waiting time.

I'm sure someone will correct me but I don't know of a single breakfast place in the Harbor Shops.

You could take a cab to Dennys on Federal then walk to the Harbor Shops then get a cab to the airport. With luggage and two toddlers, I'd cab it to Lesters Diner, then cab to the Harbor Shops, then cab it to the ship.

Grab a quick bite or donuts at the FLL airport (not a lot of options :eek:)

Sorry no city taxi will provide carseats.

I would contact Jiffy Jeff (highly recommended)...He may be able to provide carseats and has according to a poster on Trip Advisor when thay had forgotten theirs...You can also perhaps arrange with him to make a stop for you at the Publix grocery store (where there is also a Total Wine) in the Harbor Shops shopping area...If anyone is going to help you with your needs Jiffy Jeff will be the one...By the time all of this is done you will then arrive easily at Port Everglades where you can turn over you luggage ..get checked in..have some lunch..relax and get ready for your amazing cruise...I would also make arrangements with him for your return.

Jiffy Jeff (305) 588-6143

jiffyjefftransportation@gmail.com

Best of luck and enjoy.

I'm sure someone will correct me but I don't know of a single breakfast place in the Harbor Shops.

You could take a cab to Dennys on Federal then walk to the Harbor Shops then get a cab to the airport. With luggage and two toddlers, I'd cab it to Lesters Diner, then cab to the Harbor Shops, then cab it to the ship.

I believe that Joe's Cafe serves breakfast.