Airlines

MrnMrsT1231

If you look on the Cruise Air board, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128

you will see this topic discussed daily. Summary: there is NO MAGIC TIME!!! You just have to do the research, make some notes on the trends, buy when you see a low price, and don't look back.

Just for example. We were looking for a Business Class from SFO to Lima, Peru. We have been watching fares for a couple of months. The price range we saw commonly was $1500-1800. On the day the fares came out, the price was $4K plus. 5 days later, the price was a little over $800. When do you think we bought?

Edited by CruiserBruce

Obvious answer is when the prices are lowest. Unfortunately, it is difficult to predict prices, so you don't know when they are low until they have gone up. You definitely should avoid the last three weeks or so. This is when business travelers usually buy. Since they are less price sensitive than vacationers, prices are usually high then

When us the best time to buy ypur airline ticket(s) ,if your flying to the port ?:confused:

Ready To Go!!!!

There isn't. Airfares fluctuate daily. It's all yield management and trying to get you to pay the highest amount when you want to save the most. But to get the best pricing and schedule you have to start monitoring the airfares...daily, weekly, etc. several months out. All depends how much time you want to put into it and save. I use Kayak.com. You put in your to and from, dates, class and it will search all the airlines websites and show you a matrix of the different fares by airlines. You can even have it send you an email alerts when prices go down or up. But you first need to know your airfare budget out of your total trip budget and work from there. Once you find a schedule and fare you like book it and don't look back. Sometime it's more of an art form than science.

I seem to always get great deal in feb I always seem to get great deals in February , for my July cruises. I was just bringing up the topic to see is it better to buy maybe 6 months in advance 3 months in advance 2 months in advance some a man buys it before but I doubt it lol . I use kayak an air fare watchdog and I have both of them send me emails. my budget is a anything under a thousand for 4 people. I even book one way flights sometimes its even cheaper.

Ready To Go!!!!

thanks everyone for the input

Flights are always cheaper on Tuesdays for purchase. They are also often cheaper 3-5 months out. There are several apps that watch and track flight prices.

I actually followed the above advice from a CC member......and will continue.

Scored First Class/NonStop Calif to MIA cheaper than most business class flights I have booked. It was a big treat ;)