Princess ships Maitres D'Hotel list

NeptuneSeas

5 hours ago, snoozecrooze said:

PRINCESS CRUISES MAITRE D'HOTEL LIST: as of 12/9/2019
Dates include specific sailing dates or end dates unless not specifically deduced.

CHANGES SUMMARY:

- Grand (Oana is the first woman to hold the position in the company)

- Majestic

- Royal

- Ruby

- Sapphire

SHIP Maître d'hôtel
Caribbean Princess Oscar Perego (until 2/2020)
Coral Princess Daniele Rosafio (until 2/6/2020)
Crown Princess Nicola Furlan (as of 12/7/2019 sailing)
Diamond Princess  
Emerald Princess Rui Pereira (as of 10/2019)
Enchanted Princess possibly Oscar Perego (source: here)
Golden Princess Carlos Serrano Da Rosa (as of 9/25/2019 sailing)
Grand Princess Oana Ionica (as of 12/3/2019 sailing)
Island Princess Mariusz Czemarmazowicz (as of 10/17/2019 sailing)
Majestic Princess Giorgio Pisano (as of 12/2019)
Pacific Princess  
Regal Princess Ignazio D'Agostino (as of 11/17/2019 sailing)
Royal Princess Silvio Zampieri (as of 12/5/2019 sailing)
Ruby Princess Jean Paul Musiu (as of 12/5/2019 sailing)
Sapphire Princess Daniele Saredi (as of 11/10/2019 sailing)
Sea Princess  
Sky Princess Giuseppe Gelmini (as of 12/1/2019 sailing)
Star Princess Mario Propato (as of 10/6/2019 sailing)
Sun Princess  

TO UPDATE THIS LIST:

• DO NOT push the "Quote" button. It creates a copy that the next person cannot properly update.
  • DO select and copy ALL of the text, including these instructions, from the most up-to-date list (the most recent reply with the list). 
  • Go to the bottom of the latest post, to the "Post a Reply" box.
  • Paste your copied text into that box.
  • Make your modifications to the list.
  • Click the "Submit Reply" button just below the list you are modifying.
  • Confirm that everything is correct! You can edit for up to 20 minutes.

Thank you for updating in the most informative way.  We should all strive to place a notation at the top of the changes being made.  Great job!! 

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

4 hours ago, TRSuzie said:

Thank you for updating in the most informative way.  We should all strive to place a notation at the top of the changes being made.  Great job!! 

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

You are so very welcome, thank you so much for the kind words! Merry Christmas to you too!

As an aside, I am, by no means, claiming that I have any insider information that I reference when posting these lists, as I always source whatever I can from various social media and blogging platforms. So I always hope that others can continue to pitch in and help fill in the missing blanks and/or replace the older slots. 

3 hours ago, chamima said:

Does anyone have any idea of who is the Maitre D' on the Pacific?

Chamima, I totally thought you had been on the Pacific Princess' Rome-FLL transatlantic when I tagged you in the CD list (I believe it left on 12/5?). My apologies if you aren't on that voyage! 

1 hour ago, snoozecrooze said:

Chamima, I totally thought you had been on the Pacific Princess' Rome-FLL transatlantic when I tagged you in the CD list (I believe it left on 12/5?). My apologies if you aren't on that voyage! 

No problem.

I'm on the Pacific 12/22 (with you, I think).

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/30/2021 at 8:54 AM, Steelers36 said:

Unless someone has inside info, or is in touch, may not be any answers yet, but does anyone know which MD's are going back to sea on the early cruises?

I would be interested who the Maitre' D is going to be on the Caribbean Princess in January 2022 and February 2022 if anyone knows.  

13 hours ago, mellon1 said:

I would be interested who the Maitre' D is going to be on the Caribbean Princess in January 2022 and February 2022 if anyone knows.  

We would all like to see an update to the list above which is almost two years old now.  Hopefully our old friends will still be working and not retired when we board the ships later this year.

1 hour ago, Grego said:

We would all like to see an update to the list above which is almost two years old now.  Hopefully our old friends will still be working and not retired when we board the ships later this year.

Yes, it would be wonderful to see familiar faces.  Hopefully people will post.  

18 hours ago, mellon1 said:

I've been told by a reliable source that names are just now getting tossed around.  

2 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

I've been told by a reliable source that names are just now getting tossed around.  

oooooooooo...Just enough of a teaser to get us all excited.  I always wondered how that worked.  Seems like some MDs are on the same ship.  I wonder if they get to request?  Thanks for sharing this exciting tidbit of information.

From what I hear, post-covid they all want to get back to work asap. Hotel General Managers usually had a say as to which MDs they wanted on their ships.

With the new title (Director of Restaurant Operations), MDs now report to the F&B Managers, not the Hotel GM.  So, maybe now the F&B Mgrs will have more of a say???

3 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

From what I hear, post-covid they all want to get back to work asap. Hotel General Managers usually had a say as to which MDs they wanted on their ships.

With the new title (Director of Restaurant Operations), MDs now report to the F&B Managers, not the Hotel GM.  So, maybe now the F&B Mgrs will have more of a say???

You seem to have some info on chain of command.  The MD's used to manage the Sanctuary as well.  Wonder if still the same or if F&B person handles that.  I would have thought the MD (former title) reported to F&B person anyway.  But perhaps F&B was more the operation of kitchens and bars (back-of-house) and MD's are, of course, FOH personnel.

25 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

You seem to have some info on chain of command.  The MD's used to manage the Sanctuary as well.  Wonder if still the same or if F&B person handles that.  I would have thought the MD (former title) reported to F&B person anyway.  But perhaps F&B was more the operation of kitchens and bars (back-of-house) and MD's are, of course, FOH personnel.

Pre-covid, the MDs reported to the Hotel GM, as did the F&B Mgr.  The Sanctuary actually fell under the Asst MD. That position is now called the Lido Manager.

• Thanks 1

On 6/29/2021 at 8:20 PM, 1emerald1 said:

Does anyone know if Mario Propato will remain with Princess, as the Star was sold?

On 6/29/2021 at 11:36 PM, LACruiser88 said:

I have heard that he is probably retiring...

Good!  Toot-a-loo.

5 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

I thought MDs and F&B Managers were equals?  Seems like another layer to go through.  Waiter will have to check with Head Waiter, Head Waiter will have to check with MD and MD will then have to check to F&B Manager.  We will be lucky to get an answer by the end a cruise!  LOL  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Who will be in charge of Sanctuary then?

Here’s a copy of the original list. Hope that this is helpful & hoping people will post any information that they have. 

Princess Cruise Ships MAITRES D'HOTEL date last reported on ship

Caribbean Princess

Coral Princess

Crown Princess

Dawn Princess

Diamond Princess

Emerald Princess

Golden Princess

Grand Princess

Island Princess

Ocean Princess

Pacific Princess

Regal Princess

Royal Princess

Ruby Princess

Sapphire Princess

Sea Princess

Star Princess

Tom😀

2 hours ago, mellon1 said:

Who will be in charge of Sanctuary then?

The Lido Manager, formerly the Asst Maitre d'

1 hour ago, 1emerald1 said:

So is renaming the Maitre D the Director of Restaurants a promotion, demotion, or lateral move?

Actually a demotion...