got a GS on Oasis ...what "perks" does that include?

Sorry don't have access to a computer most days...just my phone, and I can not get the search button to work. So if anyone can help I had JS booked so we could get double points ( kind of stinks that if you book more than 1cabin you only get points for one) any way DH decided he wants a GS so I switched us. Only has a GS once before on fos 4 years ago but never used the "perks" except seats at a show and free pressing on formal night ...lol they ruined his shirt. So what else is there?

Thanks !

From the website.

On a Royal Caribbean International® cruise vacation, all guests enjoy friendly and engaging service aboard some of the world's most innovative cruise ships. And guests booked in a Suite (excluding Junior Suites) enjoy even more amenities and personalized service for an exceptional vacation experience. Announcing Royal Caribbean International's new suite program designed to focus on distinctive and personalized service and touch every aspect of the guests' experience from arrival through departure. Suite guests (excluding Junior Suites) will enjoy a myriad of special privileges and upgraded amenities for their cruise, along with Royal Caribbean's world-renowned friendly, engaging and attentive Gold Anchor Service from every member of its staff and crew.

Enhanced Program for Suite Guests Staying in the following suites*:

Royal Suite, Royal Family Suite, Presidential Family Suite, Owner's Suite, Grand Suite

Oasis Class: Royal Loft Suite, Sky Loft Suite, AquaTheater Suite & Crown Loft Suite

*Excludes Junior Suites

Priority check-in

Personalized attention throughout the cruise with complimentary Concierge Club service on select ships

Reserved prime seating in the main theater for entertainment shows, where available

Priority tender tickets on select cruises. (Tender service is provided when smaller vessels are necessary to reach shore in locations without docking ports large enough for cruise ships.)

VIP pool deck seating, where available

Full breakfast, lunch and dinner dining room menus available for in-room dining

Private breakfast and lunch seating in specialty restaurants on our Voyager and Freedom Class ships

Mattel® board games available to order for in-room entertainment for the kids

Complimentary luggage valet service

Luxury spa bathrobes for use onboard

Complimentary pressing service on formal night

Priority departure with exclusive suite* departure lounge featuring continental breakfast

Sorry don't have access to a computer most days...just my phone, and I can not get the search button to work. So if anyone can help I had JS booked so we could get double points ( kind of stinks that if you book more than 1cabin you only get points for one) any way DH decided he wants a GS so I switched us. Only has a GS once before on fos 4 years ago but never used the "perks" except seats at a show and free pressing on formal night ...lol they ruined his shirt. So what else is there?

Thanks !

DW and I feel the biggest perk of a GS.........is the real estate. We love that we can close off the bedroom, when one wants to sleep and the other is up reading.

Also, dining in. And yes the GS has a dining table for two, it's the table outside on your balcony, that can be brought in, add a tablecloth, add a couple of battery lit candles, and let room service do the rest.

In the morning, it's coffee, fresh from the pot, or a kettle for freshly brewed tea.....my favorite!

The ships perks, well, someone else has already posted them!!;)

Edited to add......bring your own CD's or DVD's as the cabin has a player! We love some good mood music with evening cocktails and dinner.

Rick

Edited by rubrrick
Added verbage

DW and I feel the biggest perk of a GS.........is the real estate. We love that we can close off the bedroom, when one wants to sleep and the other is up reading.

Rick

GS has a bedroom door on Oasis/Allure? They don't on the Freedom class.

The Concierge Lounge on the Oasis is very nice. There is a complimentary cocktail hour nightly from 5 til 8 or 8:30. The lounge also serves breakfast and lounge that you can order from a menu or there is a continental breakfast buffet.

"I believe that by referring to luggage delivery you mean RCI delivering your luggage to your stateroom while luggage valet is RCI delivering your luggage to the airport after your cruise."

We have found this to be very nice perk if you don't like searching for your luggage in pick-up area, going through customs and taking to the airport.

Simply put your luggage out in the hallway the last night of your cruise and the next time you'll see them is when you pick them up off the carousel at your final destination.

Regarding closing off your bedroom, I must have had the "wrong" GS since mine was smaller on the Oasis than the Independence of the Seas - neither of which there was any "partitioning" .

I agree that the special beach and up-graded BBQ on Labadee is also very desirable. Cautionary note: bring your water shoes because the coral comes into play entering and leaving the water.

As my honey tells me - having a suite is SO SWEET !!!

In addition to the above, you have special invites to parties, sometimes the concierge can get you on bridge or galley tours, concierge helps with anything you need so you don't have to wait in line at the front desk. If you eat at the buffet you can go in chops or portifino to eat your meal so you don't have to hunt for a table. In room dining is great as you can order off mdr menu. We often had french toast on the balcony. You will get fruit and canapes in room.

Just beware, once you go gs or above it is hard to go back to a "regular" cabin :)

Sent from my SCH-I915 using Forums mobile app

GS has a bedroom door on Oasis/Allure? They don't on the Freedom class.

Todd, it's partitioned off by a curtain, and different light switches for each area. So one can be in the "living room" area while the other is in the "bedroom" area.

My DW loves to take naps in the afternoon, and can do this without me disturbing her!!:D

Rick

Also, dining in. And yes the GS has a dining table for two, it's the table outside on your balcony, that can be brought in, add a tablecloth, add a couple of battery lit candles, and let room service do the rest.

That was one of our favorite perks. Especially being able to get anything from the MDR menu.

I never thought about bringing the table in from the balcony. DUH:o

Always learning on CC

Just off the Allure and I believe the benefits are the same for the Oasis. The best was the concierge lounge and being able to order breakfast and lunch cooked to order. Excellent quality and no crowds. Also you can have complimentary beer or wine with lunch.

My wife and I sailed on the Allure this past October in our first grand suite. All of the perks mentioned so far were fantastic! We especially enjoyed the access to the concierge lounge, as it was literally steps from our room. We took advantage of a couple nice breakfasts out on our balcony as well. If your into pillows, they offer a pillow menu if you require /desire a different kind of pillow!

Keep your eye out for the crew member holding a sign reading "access for gold seapass card holders" (or something like that). They really do reserve the best seats in the different venues for shows.

We also enjoyed access to the suite guest private deck up top. There were over 100 deck chairs, and about 4 people the whole day. They bring you towels, snacks, and have a dedicated bar just for you :thumbup:

We're on our way to Alaska onboard the Radiance in May, in a lame balcony room ;)

Sent from my VS980 4G using Forums mobile app

In addition to the above, you have special invites to parties, sometimes the concierge can get you on bridge or galley tours, concierge helps with anything you need so you don't have to wait in line at the front desk. If you eat at the buffet you can go in chops or portifino to eat your meal so you don't have to hunt for a table. In room dining is great as you can order off mdr menu. We often had french toast on the balcony. You will get fruit and canapes in room.

Just beware, once you go gs or above it is hard to go back to a "regular" cabin :)

Sent from my SCH-I915 using Forums mobile app

Oh this is soooo true about GS and return to regular cabin. Made the "mistake" of starting off with a GS the first time we cruised to "splurge" and the DW has only "let" me book another category (Allure-Boardwalk Balcony) since:(.

On Oasis, one of our favorite perks was the secluded area for lounging out near the pool. It is above the pool deck and has a very nice bar set up with several covered and uncovered hammocks and lounges to dream away on those at sea days. As stated another really nice perk is the breakfast that you can get in the concierge lounge. Hot, cooked to order, and usually never a wait for a table. Very nice.