Opinions: San Juan to JFK airfare

RealDeal

Does anyone out there happen to know if San Juan to JFK (one way) for $191 IN October is a decent fare? Seems a little high to me. Thx!

About 2 weeks ago I saw fares in the $160s & United had a flight into Newark for $171. Of course I didn't pull the trigger.

So presumably you thought $160 was high as well? Trying to guess at what day the fare will be lowest is taking a big gamble. At this point the decision is actually simple. Ask yourself this:

Am I both willing and able to pay MORE than $191? If so, feel free to wait and see if prices go back down, because you've already said you can and will pay more if the gamble doesn't work out and prices go UP instead. On the other hand, if you aren't both willing and able to pay more than $191, then buy now.

So presumably you thought $160 was high as well? Trying to guess at what day the fare will be lowest is taking a big gamble. At this point the decision is actually simple. Ask yourself this:

Am I both willing and able to pay MORE than $191? If so, feel free to wait and see if prices go back down, because you've already said you can and will pay more if the gamble doesn't work out and prices go UP instead. On the other hand, if you aren't both willing and able to pay more than $191, then buy now.

No, in the $160s would be fine. The issue was that I couldn't find the flight time I wanted...was waiting til JetBlue opens up, which is today. Now it looks like all fares are around $191. Think I'll wait & see what happens.

No, in the $160s would be fine. The issue was that I couldn't find the flight time I wanted...was waiting til JetBlue opens up, which is today. Now it looks like all fares are around $191. Think I'll wait & see what happens.

Remember - not all flight times will yield the same pricing… The more popular times could be more expensive than those early morning fares from a port. You gotta take that into account, also.

I guess I am more risk averse than you. If I already saw fares go up from a very reasonable $160 to $191, I would assume (usually correctly) that it would keep going up...I would grab that $191.

If you wait and it goes up to $222, what do you do?

I guess I am more risk averse than you. If I already saw fares go up from a very reasonable $160 to $191, I would assume (usually correctly) that it would keep going up...I would grab that $191.

If you wait and it goes up to $222, what do you do?

Problem solved. JetBlue just released fares for the date I'm looking for & I booked at $170...Orbitz was showing that they would come it at $191, but they were wrong. For some reason, all Orbitz's fares today for the itinerary I'm looking at are out of whack with other sites. I think $170 is fair. Might go down a little, but at least w/JetBlue, they'll issue a refund to your "bank."

Oh No, could have saved a buck ITA shows Delta at $169 today!! Jetblue $170.

LOL...Actually, JetBlue was 169.50. I ended up switching to United anyway b/c it's easier for me to fly into Newark & the flight that United was listing for over $400 yesterday (???) was $176 today.