How long should I wait for a tour operator to respond?

lunagirl

My husband and I are cruising on the Valor on 5/4/14. I emailed Captain Ron about his turtle/shipwreck snorkel tour in Barbados on Thursday morning and contacted Herod's about their Island Splendor Coastal Cruise in St. Lucia through their website on Thursday morning as well. I haven't gotten a response from either of them. We have booked excursions with private operators before, but it seemed like they always responded faster.

How long should I wait before trying to find an alternative? Does it normally take this long to get an answer? I don't want to wait too long, as Calabaza was already full for Barbados and I want to make sure we get booked on tours before everything fills.

Any suggestions?

Yes, I checked the spam and my voicemail to make sure that they didn't try to contact me by phone and missed the call somehow. :confused: This is unusual, right?

I don't think it is.

Try contacting them again.

Life in the islands can be more laid back as I well learned when I worked in St Croix for 6 months.

In my experience it can take several days for local tour operators to respond. I'd give it a couple of more days, or possibly send another email. I don't think the response time you mentioned is too unusual, especially over a week-end.

I've had responses almost immediately or up to a week later.

Some people have iffy internet connections or run a small operation with little help. Also, 'island time' can be a factor, as in a much more relaxed attitude toward getting things done.

Yes, I checked the spam and my voicemail to make sure that they didn't try to contact me by phone and missed the call somehow. :confused: This is unusual, right?

Maybe you should try to call them, rather than wait for an email or a call from them. I would. I always prefer to talk with a person when possible anyway.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Thursday to Saturday is only a couple of days. Give them a break.

I have been dealing with tour operators in Brazil. It can take them as much as a week to get back to you, even after you have already booked a tour w them.

Different attitudes in the Caribbean.

DON