Jeffry live from suite F305 aboard the Caribbean Princess

Jeffry

Good morning.

First I just want to say we had one of the best and smoothest travel day ever yesterday. Getting on the ship was a breeze here in Houston.

Just wanted to up date everyone. Last night an announcement was made at 6:30 pm ( we were to leave at 6:00 pm the rescheduled time) letting us know we would not be leaving due to fog. When we boarded around 3:30 pm yesterday it was clear out but shortly after we could see the fog rolling in. So having he fog roll in and knowing this has plagued Princess on and off this season.

So having said this I was not to surprised to see we are still socked in with fog (time now as I'm writing this is 8:0am) this morning. We have yet to hear another announcement to let us know if and when we are to leave today. Ill up date again later when I know. Oh also we do not know if we'll miss any ports but I'd say we'll miss at least one.

Had an amazing dinner in the steak house last night!

Have a good weekend and enjoy the Superbowl.

Jeffry

With our experience over thanksgiving, you will most likely miss Roatan and may get Costa Maya substituted. They shuffled it around so costa maya was Tuesday, Belize should have been on the regularly scheduled Wednesday (we did not make that port either due to winds), and Cozumel was changed to Thursday.

Good morning.

I was not to surprised to see we are still socked in with fog (time now as I'm writing this is 8:0am) this morning.

Jeffry

Good foggy morning, Jeffry. Hopefully fog will burn off soon. I'm east of there, and fog expected to lift in next hour or two...

Glad to hear about smooth embarkation! If weather holds, you may be able to see Super Bowl on MUTS screen. They had the Pro Bowl on MUTS on recent Sapphire cruise.

Have a great cruise! Thanks for posting!

Good morning.

First I just want to say we had one of the best and smoothest travel day ever yesterday. Getting on the ship was a breeze here in Houston.

Just wanted to up date everyone. Last night an announcement was made at 6:30 pm ( we were to leave at 6:00 pm the rescheduled time) letting us know we would not be leaving due to fog. When we boarded around 3:30 pm yesterday it was clear out but shortly after we could see the fog rolling in. So having he fog roll in and knowing this has plagued Princess on and off this season.

So having said this I was not to surprised to see we are still socked in with fog (time now as I'm writing this is 8:0am) this morning. We have yet to hear another announcement to let us know if and when we are to leave today. Ill up date again later when I know. Oh also we do not know if we'll miss any ports but I'd say we'll miss at least one.

Had an amazing dinner in the steak house last night!

Jeffry

Have a wonderful cruise.....:):):)

Bob

It's almost 10am and we heard from the captain a short time ago.

The port is still close until the fog has lifted. Look like this morning is was starting to lift but just getting worst like it was last night.

We won't know what the updated itinerary is until we set sail. My guess is we well head to costa maya and Cozumel will be canceled. We've been to costa maya a few times so will just head into the little town for a beach day and beers.

Oh was able to like up to the ports free wifi so saving my Primcess Internet for later.

It's almost 10am and we heard from the captain a short time ago.

The port is still close until the fog has lifted. Look like this morning is was starting to lift but just getting worst like it was last night.

We won't know what the updated itinerary is until we set sail. My guess is we well head to costa maya and Cozumel will be canceled. We've been to costa maya a few times so will just head into the little town for a beach day and beers.

Oh was able to like up to the ports free wifi so saving my Primcess Internet for later.

Hope it lifts soon and that they can shift ports around so you can get to all of them (i.e., Roatan first and Cozumel last). 4G worked for us pretty good until a couple of hours after sailaway out of Houston.

Jeffry, you have such a great attitude.

Enjoy the ship and eventually your cruise.

Wonder if Princess will rethink Houston for cruising.

Looks like Jeffry is in a a Window Suite. How bad could it be? Smart choice. Sorry about the delay. Thanks for the updates.

IMHO, and my 2 cents, I support Princess for making the decision to return early. It gave them the opportunity to really cleanse the ship for the next set of passengers and avoid the possibility of fog coming in. I will not second guess their reasons. I am sure Princess has had very successful departures from Bayport, but I will probable avoid this port.

If you get a chance please post up pictures of the room. I will be in F307 in April on the Caribbean Princess. Do you feel like you miss a balcony or prefer the benefits of a suite.

We were in this cabin a few months ago on the CB and we loved it! We didn't miss the balcony, but so enjoyed the suite amenities. The cabin is very large and, because of the very large windows, was very bright. The bathroom is glorious! Huge! You will love this cabin! We traded some of the liquors supplied to some that we preferred with no problem.

Enjoy your cruise and your suite!

In this day and age of electronics, radar, etc, why can't the ships leave if there is fog? I have left on 65' yachts from Nantucket which is known as the Grey Lady because it's always in fog. Just don't understand???

You need to read the procedure for the Houston Ship Channel for ships passing other ships going the other direction and then see if you still feel the same way. By the way most ships going through the Houston Ship Channel are carrying hazardous cargo (oil, gas).

For those interested in the Houston Ship Channel operation and procedures you might want to visit the website for the Houston Pilots:

http://www.houston-pilots.com/default.aspx

If you go to Port Information then on page 4 it gives information on how ships are to approach and pass each other. It is far more involved than just going down your side of the channel. This is a big reason that there must be good visibility.

A little further down starting on page 10 are maps of the channel.

I hope this helps some people understand the operation of the Houston Ship Channel. It handles lots of traffic on a daily basis, much of which is hazard cargo so safety is of utmost importance.

We were in this cabin a few months ago on the CB and we loved it! We didn't miss the balcony, but so enjoyed the suite amenities. The cabin is very large and, because of the very large windows, was very bright. The bathroom is glorious! Huge! You will love this cabin! We traded some of the liquors supplied to some that we preferred with no problem.

Enjoy your cruise and your suite!

Thank you for the information. I found bunch of pictures and want to make sure it looks the same and nothing has changed. We had a penthouse suite on our first cruise that was 4 days where we earned the 100% FCC promo, received credit for 2 cruises. This paid for 7 days in a window suite using all the FCC we had earned. I wanted the suite for Sabatinis breakfast, Crown Grill on embarkation, 2 cruise credits (we will be at 5 after this cruise and next cruise would hit Platinum), spacious room, along with priority boarding.

The mini bar setup is icing on the cake and we will be using that for this trip. Last time we swapped it out for 2 of the coffee cards and only used half a coffee card on the last cruise. We will probably use the mini bar on this cruise and maybe trade out some of the liquor for ones we prefer. I did really good by having one of the really large online travelo website. They offered $300 in cruise credit on top of the $200 that was offered by princess with our future cruise deposit, onboard promo and spring sale.

m1bi.jpg

cfls.jpg

yfd7.jpg

84t5.jpg

s2sl.jpg

9y9z.jpg

Thank you for the information. I found bunch of pictures and want to make sure it looks the same and nothing has changed. We had a penthouse suite on our first cruise that was 4 days where we earned the 100% FCC promo, received credit for 2 cruises. This paid for 7 days in a window suite using all the FCC we had earned. I wanted the suite for Sabatinis breakfast, Crown Grill on embarkation, 2 cruise credits (we will be at 5 after this cruise and next cruise would hit Platinum), spacious room, along with priority boarding.

The mini bar setup is icing on the cake and we will be using that for this trip. Last time we swapped it out for 2 of the coffee cards and only used half a coffee card on the last cruise. We will probably use the mini bar on this cruise and maybe trade out some of the liquor for ones we prefer. I did really good by having one of the really large online travelo website. They offered $300 in cruise credit on top of the $200 that was offered by princess with our future cruise deposit, onboard promo and spring sale.

m1bi.jpg

cfls.jpg

yfd7.jpg

84t5.jpg

s2sl.jpg

9y9z.jpg

Yes, it looks just like these lovely pictures. Our fresh flowers, however, were not quite as beautiful in the ones pictured. Breakfast at Sabatinis was very nice and we loved our dinner at the Crown Grill. We are Platinum, as well, but really didn't find priority boarding all that much faster, probably because we like to arrive very early on embarkation day. What's nice with Princess is that you can get in your cabin right away.

Enjoy "our" cabin!

You need to read the procedure for the Houston Ship Channel for ships passing other ships going the other direction and then see if you still feel the same way. By the way most ships going through the Houston Ship Channel are carrying hazardous cargo (oil, gas).

For those interested in the Houston Ship Channel operation and procedures you might want to visit the website for the Houston Pilots:

http://www.houston-pilots.com/default.aspx

If you go to Port Information then on page 4 it gives information on how ships are to approach and pass each other. It is far more involved than just going down your side of the channel. This is a big reason that there must be good visibility.

A little further down starting on page 10 are maps of the channel.

I hope this helps some people understand the operation of the Houston Ship Channel. It handles lots of traffic on a daily basis, much of which is hazard cargo so safety is of utmost importance.

Thanks for the info. WWCJR. Does that mean that when its foggy ALL ship traffic stops, or just the non cargo ships?