St Patrick's Day

Carpe_Diem

Cruised on St. Patrick's at least five times. No corned beef and cabbage on the menu :( The last time there were balloons and decorations in the piazza. There were passengers who enjoyed the day with beads, green wigs, shamrock tiaras and plenty of beer. :) Make your own celebration and I'm sure others will join in.

St Pats day is only celebrated in the USA and by a minority of people. As for me, any exuse for a party is good enough but my mother is Irish descent.

You might want to check that as I think that place called Ireland might just do a thing or two on St. Patrick's day. And by the way there is a LARGE majority of Irish people here in the states who celebrate it. Please correct your data. So being of Irish decent is not good enough of a reason? It is for MILLIONS worldwide.

Edited by Potstech

I cannot speak for all ships or if it is still being done but below is a picture from our March 2009 Ruby cruise. This was in the Atrium and they had other decorations around the ship at different bars and up on Lido.

DSC02272.jpg

We were on the Crown Princess for St. Patrick's Day in 2010. There wasn't any big celebration on the ship. There was a cake saying "Happy St. Patrick's Day" displayed at the entrance to our dining room. Several passengers decorated their cabin doors. Most people wore green. And thankfully there wasn't any green beer.

The middle of March is a must do travel time for us, thus we have been on various Princess ships on St Paddy's Day over the past ten years.

Sadly Princess does little if anything for a day we have enjoyed immensely when at home in Canada or at land ports in the US (and neither of us are Irish). Although Princess may not do much - the passengers usually do. We have seen lots of green wigs, shamrock glasses, beads, etc and if you wear anything to say you are enjoying the day, you will immediately have friends up on deck.

St Patricks day is only celebrated in America ]

Yes - there are other countries in the world besides the USA. Australia has about one third of it's population (could have changed now) who have some sort of Irish ancestry. And yes, we celebrate St Patricks day - parades, green beer etc. Were on the QEII for St Pats day and they went all out. We will also be sailing on 17 March and have packed our glittery green bowties.

Edited by NearEnough

Thanks everyone. We will be celebrating our sons 20th birthday. Want to make it special for him. Too bad it will be a sea day instead of a port day. But, we will have lots of fun anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app