future cruise deposits

boca7

If your on the Ruby & purchasing a future cruise deposit Angela is sitting on the paperwork & not doing it for a # of days, off on 01/27, booked new cruise & getting a hard time as deposit too new. Been on the phone forever & told to call back in 3 days.

If your on the Ruby & purchasing a future cruise deposit Angela is sitting on the paperwork & not doing it for a # of days, off on 01/27, booked new cruise & getting a hard time as deposit too new. Been on the phone forever & told to call back in 3 days.

Who is Angela???

The FC person?

Thanks for the report. Or is this some kind of complaint?

The FCC department on the Ruby has been swamped for weeks and weeks. Angela, if that is her name, is working her a__ off to get things out. Have a heart and call again in 3 days.

As an aside, when did you apply for the credit? Did you do it the first day of your cruise? or the last?

I applied the first day of our Ruby cruise in early Jan. and walked off the ship after 5 days with my confirmation in hand.

Yes, Angela is the FCC person. We gave up trying to meet with her last week - there was a sign-up sheet which always had several names on it waiting to see her and the office was always crowded. We finally just filled out the FCC form and left it in the drop box, and the FCC is on my account already.

I think there should have been 2 people working in that office and it should have been open for more hours of the day than it was.

with the Ruby doing these short itineraries, both the Future Cruise Consultant and the Captain Circle Host are run off their feet.

Many want a cruise deposit and many of those want to book while on board. The CC host is being asked "why haven't I moved up to such and such level" when they just finished a three day and are staying on for another leg.

Perhaps Princess needs to provide an assistant for these shorter cruises.

I know the Sapphire was having similar problems.

i usually just fill out the form on the first day and it gets processed.

with the Ruby doing these short itineraries, both the Future Cruise Consultant and the Captain Circle Host are run off their feet.

Many want a cruise deposit and many of those want to book while on board. The CC host is being asked "why haven't I moved up to such and such level" when they just finished a three day and are staying on for another leg.

Perhaps Princess needs to provide an assistant for these shorter cruises.

I know the Sapphire was having similar problems.

i usually just fill out the form on the first day and it gets processed.

This happens to me on all the Princess Cruises I have taken. Usually have to wait @ least an hour. I have also gone @ different times:eek:

I think they need to have them there longer hours. One even told me she did not have time to process the Future cruise deposits that have come in. Would take about 4-5 days to process.

Yes, my post is both a complaint & bring aggravated being on the phone all day with Princess. It started mid Dec. with Angela, after leaving our app for fc & not receiving confirmation as we usually do I confronted her & she blew up how many hrs she is working. Ok, In Jan being on the Ruby with family they requested 2 fc`s., booked a 7 day with family today & will not allow us the fc as she did not do paperwork in time. Never had a problem with any other Princess ship.

There was a problem with the future cruise consultant on our December 22 cruise on the Ruby. Since we were doing back-to-back cruises, I wasn't as worried as some folks who were on for just four nights. Our credit showed up on the Princess website and we received emails.

Yes, my post is both a complaint & bring aggravated being on the phone all day with Princess. It started mid Dec. with Angela, after leaving our app for fc & not receiving confirmation as we usually do I confronted her & she blew up how many hrs she is working. Ok, In Jan being on the Ruby with family they requested 2 fc`s., booked a 7 day with family today & will not allow us the fc as she did not do paperwork in time. Never had a problem with any other Princess ship.

There have been issues also brought up by Pia during her live from on her prior Ruby cruise I think from January. She thought things may have improved but it sound like they have not. :(

We recently had the same thing on our Sapphire cruise. She said the same thing--all the getaway cruises were overloading them.

We also filled out the form and dropped it off. The paper arrived in the mail a few days after we got home.

Whether or not they should have more people working, the fact is, the economy is still depressed. I doubt it is cost effective to have more than one working.

Pat

We recently had the same thing on our Sapphire cruise. She said the same thing--all the getaway cruises were overloading them.

We also filled out the form and dropped it off. The paper arrived in the mail a few days after we got home.

Whether or not they should have more people working, the fact is, the economy is still depressed. I doubt it is cost effective to have more than one working.

Pat

What is worse is that central res can see the deposit was requested cruise ending 01/27 & I have to wait until tomorrow to complete the booking. They can`t override the system.