Liberty Junior Suites - Loungers on Balcony?

Toddcan

There was a lot of chatter about a year ago about the captain on the Liberty removing loungers from the aft balconies (cat D/E). Freedom and Indy had loungers.

But, what about Junior Suites (anywhere, not just aft). Can anyone who has been in a JS, specifically on the Liberty in the past few months confirm or deny the presence of loungers on your balcony?

We have 9338 booked in March, and every photo and video I have seen show loungers.

Thanks in advance.

We had a JS near the forward elevators on our recent early January cruise (Liberty). Two chairs, one small table and two loungers.

From what I have read/seen, this seems to be standard for Freedom class JS. We board the Independence this Sunday, and have a "hump" JS booked, so I guess we'll find out.

Dan.

Sent from my Kindle Fire

Not the ship you are looking for, but, we just got back from a cruise on the Legend. We had a JS (9328) that had two loungers, two chairs and a table on the balcony. But the neighbors only had two chairs and table. I don't know how the loungers got there and I did not want to ask.... :) The old saying of not asking a question if you might not like the answer applied in this case....

In past cruises on the Freedom, we always had one or two loungers in addition to the chairs/table on the JS.

Most side JS balconies will not have loungers, as it takes more room than is available. The AFT balconies should have loungers.

Really? Where did you get this information? Are you guessing? There is actually tons of room on a JS balcony for loungers. Looking for actual reports, please.

There was a lot of chatter about a year ago about the captain on the Liberty removing loungers from the aft balconies (cat D/E). Freedom and Indy had loungers.

But, what about Junior Suites (anywhere, not just aft). Can anyone who has been in a JS, specifically on the Liberty in the past few months confirm or deny the presence of loungers on your balcony?

We have 9338 booked in March, and every photo and video I have seen show loungers.

Thanks in advance.

Several of our friends were Jr. Suites on Deck 9 in November, 2012. They each had one of those "pseudo" loungers (chair with ottoman). They were not the full sized loungers. I am on Indy next week, and in a Jr. Suite, and I am expecting the same thing, but will report back next week during my review....

Most side JS balconies will not have loungers, as it takes more room than is available. The AFT balconies should have loungers.

Just off Indy B2B++ and in JRS and had 2 loungers, 2 chairs and a table. One JS cabin was on the side #1378 and the other an AFT cabin and both had the same furniture. Loved it!!! Great ship and crew too!!:)

We were on Liberty TA- both ways- a couple of years ago and No loungers for non-JS on our Aft balcony were allowed. Hope they have gone with the flow of the other ships and allowed it now...........

They gave no logical reason for no loungers allowed on a huge aft balcony and the room Att. was NOT allowed to get us one etc. That was their rule then.

Would be so nice if RCL was consistent from ship to ship.:rolleyes:

Several of our friends were Jr. Suites on Deck 9 in November, 2012. They each had one of those "pseudo" loungers (chair with ottoman). They were not the full sized loungers. I am on Indy next week, and in a Jr. Suite, and I am expecting the same thing, but will report back next week during my review....

This has been our experience with JSs but not on this ship.

Thanks for all of the reports. I've had those chairs with the ottoman too,and they are just as good, in my eyes.

So far, I don't believe anyone has reported a recent Liberty JS cruise without at least the ottoman-lounger.

I apologize for not having information for the OP ship. On Oasis class, the JS lounger surface is supposed to be stretched canvas. My JS had plastic straps, such as those loungers located around the pool.

I had my attendant switch it with another JS so that I could have a canvas model. It is much more comfortable for me.

I am only guessing that the canvas models were failing and they were replacing them (temporarily I hope) with tacky pool models.

It's been 3 years since we were on Liberty in 9338 (dead center hump) and we had two loungers, two chairs and a table. That balcony is spacious enough that the loungers fit facing the ocean with room to spare. I hope it's the same for you!

If I find any pictures when I get to my computer, I will post them.

Doesn't necessarily help you with your Liberty question, but we just got off the Independence yesterday and had a hump Junior Suite (9334 - front edge of the hump on starboard side). We had two full loungers (like the ones found around the pool), two chairs, and a table on our balcony. I'll try to get through our pictures tomorrow and post a couple.

Dan.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Forums mobile app

Doesn't necessarily help you with your Liberty question, but we just got off the Independence yesterday and had a hump Junior Suite (9334 - front edge of the hump on starboard side). We had two full loungers (like the ones found around the pool), two chairs, and a table on our balcony. I'll try to get through our pictures tomorrow and post a couple.

Dan.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Forums mobile app

Couple days later than intended, but here are the pictures of the chairs on the balcony of JS 9334 on the Indy.

P2090037Small_zps714e25a2.jpg

P2090038Small_zps7dfe5ba9.jpg

Dan.