SO EXCITED! Booked 1st time Suite! Please tell me what I can look forward to!!!

Dreamer333

I had also read this. I emailed princess when I noticed it was gone. I received a response from them in just a couple of days. Was informed that this no longer exist, however they did give us a$50.00 credit per person in our suite which I thought was very good of them. It might be worth it for you to email them and ask about it.

We are doing a Christmas Mexican Rivera cruise for our 50th and very excited.:)UOTE=Dreamer333;43227240]I thought I read somewhere that Princess reinstated free internet for suites?? But I don't see it on their website.

I actually printed out the page that says free internet and I'm planning to bring it with me in hopes that they will have to honor what THEY put in writing! Cruising out on the Royal Princess this Saturday after being upgraded to a suite due to overbooking..... Can't wait!!

I actually printed out the page that says free internet and I'm planning to bring it with me in hopes that they will have to honor what THEY put in writing! Cruising out on the Royal Princess this Saturday after being upgraded to a suite due to overbooking..... Can't wait!!

I did too. I was quite excited about free internet and wanted to show my husband. A print out is easier than finding the actual page online. Shame it was a mistake.

I doubt it will make a difference taking it with us on the cruise though:(

When we had entered our stateroom, we asked the butler to fill the minibar with only what we enjoyed drinking-including soft drinks. He did so without any problem.

Princess ships do not have butlers and room service is responsible for the mini-bars. Just give them a call and they will come and exchange anything. Sometimes I just wait a day until the dust settles.

I had to abruptly leave before I could edit my post. Yes, I've been away from the internet since then...wow!

One more small perk. They print you personalized stationary. Not sure how many folks actually look in the room folder.

I once ordered fish and chips on pub day. Room service didn't like that much, but it arrived hot since I was in a window suite and the Crown Grill was just outside my door. Better than standing in that long line.

I had to abruptly leave before I could edit my post. Yes, I've been away from the internet since then...wow!

One more small perk. They print you personalized stationary. Not sure how many folks actually look in the room folder.

I once ordered fish and chips on pub day. Room service didn't like that much, but it arrived hot since I was in a window suite and the Crown Grill was just outside my door. Better than standing in that long line.

We are in a window suite so the fish and chips sound a great idea for room service. We live in Yorkshire, UK, the home of fish and chips so always good to see what they taste like elsewhere. We have take out fish and chip shops all over the country, but they first came from Yorkshire. I might just send John over to the Crown Grill on pub day to bring a take out back to the cabin:D

Edited by maz48

Nice!

Just wanted to clarify this. I sailed solo in my cabin and took and upsell to a suite from a mini. I only rec'd 2 credits not 3. I emailed Princess and they said I don't get the additional one credit as it was an upsell. Too bad because that would have pushed me to elite.

We took an upsell on Sapphire Princess this past March and received the extra credit after I called. The rep said that we were absolutely (her word) entitled to it. I guess she hadn't seen the memo.:D

Is it possible to exchange the mini bar in a suite for coffee cards as I've heard some people do with their Elite mini bar benefit? That seems like a great deal for those of us that don't drink a lot.

We did that a few times on our Golden getaway cruises and now will probably not drink enough cappuccino in our lifetimes to use them up.:eek::D You may also swap out the entire minibar for one bottle of wine, but on Sapphire in May the choice was only a few Mondavi offerings.:( So we swapped out for all vodka and gin and took most of them home (since we were Elite in a suite, it was quite a few!).

Breakfast at Sabatini's is far and away our favorite suite perk, for all of the reasons mentioned on this thread. The only downside is that, if you want to participate in the morning Zumba class, you'd better go early and not have any mimosas (I haven't had that problem since I don't Zumba).

Somebody asked about tipping: in theory, the complimentary dinner includes a gratuity, but since my cynical self thinks that it's 15% of nothing, we tip $10pp if the service is as good as we are accustomed to. On a 3 night cruise, if we eat breakfast in Sabatini's both days (not open on disembarkation morning), we'll tip $5 each to those who have served us - usually 3 people. There was another question, but I've forgotten it.:o

We are in a window suite so the fish and chips sound a great idea for room service. We live in Yorkshire, UK, the home of fish and chips so always good to see what they taste like elsewhere. We have take out fish and chip shops all over the country, but they first came from Yorkshire. I might just send John over to the Crown Grill on pub day to bring a take out back to the cabin:D

They are good but don't rise to the level of Yorkshire fish and chips. ;)

My Mother is English so I have been raised on fish & chips but you are spot on. The best ever fish & chips were in York.:D

Was told that we should get 2 minibar setups since we are elite and sailing in a PH suite on our next cruise. Does anyone know if it is all setup at once? Or do I need to call and subsequently swap things out again?

Does anyone know if we can ask our room steward to keep our suite door closed while cleaning?

The reason I ask is because I have read about several thefts occurring onboard and I also don't want other passengers peering in to see what a suite looks like (we are in PH Caribe midship, I would assume Aft suites afford more privacy).

We do like to try them occasionally from elsewhere and usually enjoy it too. But you are correct.:D

My Mother is English so I have been raised on fish & chips but you are spot on. The best ever fish & chips were in York.:D

I am glad you have tasted some of the best.

Does anyone know if we can ask our room steward to keep our suite door closed while cleaning?

The reason I ask is because I have read about several thefts occurring onboard and I also don't want other passengers peering in to see what a suite looks like (we are in PH Caribe midship, I would assume Aft suites afford more privacy).

I am not sure they would do that but I share your concerns. Though I have never actually entered one, I have had a good look from outside a suite as I have been passing. Goes for all the different room categories actually, but yes, the higher level suites are much more interesting and it is good to know if you would want to book one.

I would never enter a room but who knows about someone else. Depending on the suite and where the bathroom is, the steward could be busy in there and not know if someone was in the suite who shouldn't be, but I don't think it could happen if the bathroom is close to entry door. Of course occasionally the room steward might go out quickly to get something and not close the door but they shouldn't be doing that.

Yes, it is true. I had paid for an upgrade to full suite and I only got one credit so a quick call to Princess got me the second credit. I imagine if you get a free upgrade you don't get the second credit.

Jackie

Thanks for the information Jackie. I just assumed that as we didn't pay the full suite price, we had an upwell, that we weren't entitled to the 2 status credits. A quick call to Princess today sees us one credit closer to Elite! I am glad I found this forum.

The suites are addictive though. After our upsell we booked a suite on our next cruise on the Royal Princess. We had C102 right at the front with a window in the bedroom facing forward and a balcony on the side. It was great very spacious. We only ate in Sabatinis once as the cruise was very port intensive and on other occasions we tried it was not open early enough.

Enjoy your suite and be prepared to book again!

Anne

We are four adult family members traveling together but only two of us are in the full suite (S4). Will the suite pax be able to make priority dinner reservations for all four of us together? How will we handle tender tickets or book excursions that are on a priority basis only for half of us? Can you think of other logistical problems we might encounter?

We are four adult family members traveling together but only two of us are in the full suite (S4). Will the suite pax be able to make priority dinner reservations for all four of us together?
Yes, works for specialty dining, Chef's Table and Ultimate Balcony Dinner as long as the suite passenger calls to reserve.
How will we handle tender tickets or book excursions that are on a priority basis only for half of us?
Priority Tender Tickets will be delivered to the suite. The non-suite adults should go to the designated tender queue area, and those with Priority tickets can either join them there and walk along, or go on their own and meet ashore. Booking excursions is not an issue even if some of your party is "have-nots."
Can you think of other logistical problems we might encounter?

Same situation we had when we cruised with two other adults.

• The nonsuite adults can check in early with the suite passengers, but may or may not get to board at the same priority time.
  • Sabatini's breakfast can not be extended to non-suite passengers.

Edited by sminfiddle

Thanks, Sminfiddle, for the helpful reply. This all sounds very logical. The "haves" are in a S4 penthouse suite with the teak table for four on the balcony. I am guessing that they can order a MDR full meal for breakf, lunch or dinner and we four can eat on the balcony if we can't get a meal time slot that we like. I wonder if they can order a Sabatini breakfast to be delivered to their cabin? They happen to prefer room service for breakfast so will be unlikely to wander over to Sabatini anyway. Maybe we will just take their cabin cards every night from them and pose as them and go to Sabatini in their place while they eat breakfast in their cabin. LOL ! just kidding!