Canyon Ranch menu selections

bk travels

I was wondering whether anyone had any comments about the Canyon Ranch menu offerings in the dining room. Regent also offers these and with the best of intentions I planned to try them but never did. Then we used OBC to buy a Canyon Ranch cookbook on our last cruise and we have loved some of the recipes. We are taking our first O cruise on Riviera in April and I wondered what the reviews might be for any of the Canyon Ranch Healthy Living selections on the GDR menu.

Most are just lighter versions (in calories) of what is on the right side of the menu

Less butter, fruit cup has no alcohol etc...

I have tried many of the spa menu items just as tasty as the regular items

Lyn

Edited by LHT28

I have had them on both Oceania and regent. For the most part, they are versions of stuff on the regular menu, just with less fat and salt. I. General, I like them very much. Sometimes a little bland, usually not. I cook really healthy at home, so this is similar to what I would prepare.

Thank you all for your comments.

It was your quest for greens and vegetables that partly inspired my question!

Kathy

If you want extra vegetable at meals just ask

At the bottom of the menu there is Sides Always available options for steamed vegetables. different potato options etc...

Check the sample menus @

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/marina/restaurants/default.aspx

look near the bottom of the page

At the The Terrace Cafe usually if you do not see something just ask & most of the time they will fetch it for you ;)

Thank you all for your comments.

Rachel, I have enjoyed reading your Live from Riviera messages. It was your quest for greens and vegetables that partly inspired my question!

Kathy

I definitely was able to order my sautéed spinach in the GDR. And after mid cruise, when I really complained about the lack of actual vegetables on the salad bar they miraculously appeared.

I love the sautéed spinach in th GDR and often request it, as the entrée plates are usually short on veggies.

My favorite Canyon Ranch specialties are the ones for breakfast in the GDR, especially the little blueberry pancakes with the nicely seasoned chicken-sausage patty. I also like the Canyon Ranch French toast. These items are not available in the Terrace or at Waves.

-Sukey-

I definitely was able to order my sautéed spinach in the GDR. And after mid cruise, when I really complained about the lack of actual vegetables on the salad bar they miraculously appeared.

We cook very healthy at home also and when I'm eating at the salad bar in the Terrace, I always go to the steamed veggies and add those to my salad. It gives me more veggies without a lot of problems. Many times the other vegetables are marinated and I am allergic to vinegar! I also make my own salad dressing since all of the dressings are made with vinegar. I use lemon instead of the vinegar and add oil and "Splenda" so it has some flavor. On O, they call me the "Splenda" lady since I use it for every salad I have on board.

bktravels:

I have ordered the Canyon Ranch menu items many times for dinner and have always enjoyed them. They are all very tasty and if I didn't know better, I would swear they are off the regular menu (except for the lack of sauces). I can definitely recommend that you give them a try and decide for yourself.

Billie