Where are posts from Feb 12th?

Alberta Quilter

I was in the middle of rebuilding the operating system in my main laptop when all this took place. Have to say I initially thought I'd broken something but checking with my other computers I saw the same issue so I knew it wasn't a technical issue on my end.

I initially misread your post and thought you were taking responsibility for the board going down. :eek: (before I reread your post). And the thought occurred, "gee, Look how powerful Randy is". :D.

Hope your initial local issue is fixed! :D. Just joking folks!

Edited by TiogaCruiser

OMG! Can you imagine the screaming and hollering!!! I never have understood the fixation with one's post count but it seems vital to a few egos. :eek:

LOL! Now I feel like my random few posts are only to increase my post count :rolleyes: I'm mostly a lurker and couldn't give a rats a** about my number of posts. I just come here for the information and sail-away threads. Since the boards have been down in my final days to my next HAL cruise, waiting for my laundry to dry has been excruciatingly painful.:D

Glad to hear I wasn't the only one. I'm currently on sick leave due to surgery last week, and this has been one source of entertainment (thank goodness for the Olympics!). I'll go back into withdrawal next week when I'm back in the office! At least, I can check it on my lunch hour, so that will help with the withdrawal symptoms.

Wishing you a continued speedy recovery!

I sit and chuckle just thinking about how some folks who appear to frequent here on a 24/7 basis must have reacted.

And, when you factor in tech skills, I bet there was pure panic setting in...

I was glad to see everything up and running this morning.

Some people actually left their house.

Really? I remember seeing 5 a couple days ago and now only 3 (a good thing IMO)

Pretty sure those other two went more than two days ago (since one day CC wasn't working), maybe 5 or 6 days ago? But my memory isn't perfect ;)

They've been gone for longer than that. And I agree it's a good thing. I think we only need two of the ones that remain. IMO.

and maybe one new one?;) Of course, I am prejudiced for halfacts.com;):p

and maybe one new one?;) Of course, I am prejudiced for halfacts.com;):p

Totally agree on that one. It makes more sense to me to have halfacts as it is includes ALL HAL ships. One that was dropped last week was only the large ships. Furthermore, (JMHO) HalFacts is a grassroots and CC group effort- with lots of thanks to the 3 members who have voluntered to create and maintain it. I think it's an example of CC at its best.

Totally agree on that one. It makes more sense to me to have halfacts as it is includes ALL HAL ships. One that was dropped last week was only the large ships. Furthermore, (JMHO) HalFacts is a grassroots and CC group effort- with lots of thanks to the 3 members who have voluntered to create and maintain it. I think it's an example of CC at its best.

I agree - a tremendous effort, and contributions from so many members.

I thought it was a sticky already 2-3 weeks ago and then something happened and it was a goner

It was, then I guess the Powers That Be decided to unstick it. Such a shame as it is superior in every way to the one that was there for several years.

Pretty sure those other two went more than two days ago (since one day CC wasn't working), maybe 5 or 6 days ago? But my memory isn't perfect ;)

They've been gone for longer than that. And I agree it's a good thing. I think we only need two of the ones that remain. IMO.

Thanks, I guess I missed that and only noticed it was down to 3 this morning. Then I was gone all day and see that there has been another one added during the day. :rolleyes:

I do agree that halfacts.com should be a sticky!