The Recovery Process is Complete (Almost)

cjknox

Well it looks like Carnival has pretty much recovered fully from the fallout following the Triumph incident. While I'm sure it can be argued that there is still a lot of work to be done, much has been accomplished over the past year by Carnival and certainly by the cruise industry as a whole.

http://www.seatrade-insider.com/news/news-headlines/consumer-research-firm-says-carnival-brand-perception-has-recovered.html

FamilyHost_Annabelle726203831164_GFPC_Original.jpg

Well it looks like Carnival has pretty much recovered fully from the fallout following the Triumph incident. While I'm sure it can be argued that there is still a lot of work to be done, much has been accomplished over the past year by Carnival and certainly by the cruise industry as a whole.

http://www.seatrade-insider.com/news/news-headlines/consumer-research-firm-says-carnival-brand-perception-has-recovered.html

FamilyHost_Annabelle726203831164_GFPC_Original.jpg

Off topic but I just had to say your images are amazing!! I am a portrait photographer not landscapes but all those made me want to shoot landscapes. They are truly beautiful!!

Are the profits back to pre Triumph levels? If they are? Are they due to higher fares or cut backs?

What does the bottom line of the P and L show?

This is unrelated to the article above. The article I cited was specifically referring to consumer brand perception. In that sense, Carnival has recovered. You are referring to their financial performance and that has also shown improvement over the past fiscal year. Look for financials to recover later this year (Q4) and/or the first half of 2015 (Q1 & Q2). It may happen before then but we'll see.

I'd say they've been taking tangible steps to undo the damage and prevent similar mistakes in the future -- and certainly their economic outlook is improving again.

It's like frostbite. Once afflicted the scars and pain may never entirely go away.

As long as Gerry is running the show their image will remain sketchy. Have they even finished installing the redundancy system that they promised?

From my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk.

Gerry is a great CEO, not everyone's favorite but I like him. As I understand the redundancy systems will be implemented as the ships receive dry dock upgrades.

Do not think they are completely recovered. Some people will never sail on them because of that. That are very low price. And that what people want

That has nothing to do with whether they have recovered or not, many people won't sail on them until they bring back the steel drum bands on the pool deck, revamp the entertainment, bring back the menus and service of yesteryear, etc.

Carnival stock is up.

This has nothing to do with the article referenced. Carnival Cruise Line doesn't sell stock. Carnival Corp. does, and it has I believe 9 more cruise lines that can also affect the stock price. So while the stock price is up it may or may not be a result of any 1 cruise line under the CCL umbrella.

I find it humorous that people will post that some seamingly negative posts have no bearing on this threads topic, but gloss right over the above quoted post, which also has no bearing.

Edited by cruzfitter

That has nothing to do with whether they have recovered or not,

many people won't sail on them until they bring back the steel drum bands on the pool deck,

revamp the entertainment, bring back the menus and service of yesteryear, etc.

Etc?

Don't forget the fuel surcharge that helped them to afford all that stuff, on your behalf! :)

Etc?

Don't forget the fuel surcharge that helped them to afford all that stuff, on your behalf! :)

When was the last time they charged a fuel surcharge? Or any other line for that matter? I haven't paid one on any of the cruises I've been on.

This has nothing to do with the article referenced. Carnival Cruise Line doesn't sell stock. Carnival Corp. does, and it has I believe 9 more cruise lines that can also affect the stock price. So while the stock price is up it may or may not be a result of any 1 cruise line under the CCL umbrella.

I find it humorous that people will post that some seamingly negative posts have no bearing on this threads topic, but gloss right over the above quoted post, which also has no bearing.

It was a feel good post. Meaningless, as you say, but popular.