Allure - Europe 2015 sailings. Anyone booking it?

jenninlaca

I am looking at the prices for Allure in July 2015 7-night Med. I love this ship and have been wanting to do a Med cruise, seems perfect. I wondered what your thoughts were on pricing, particularly as compared to other Med cruises. Balconies are starting at around $1800 for that cruise. Inside is $1319.

Hi

Yes I have booked the Europe sailing for the Allure, we are going to Europe next year and wanted to do a Mediterranean cruise and when the season for the Allure came out it was perfect and fitted in with the time we are away. And to top it off I got the same cabin I got on the Oasis in 2012 which I really liked. Hope we all have a great time.

I am looking at the prices for Allure in July 2015 7-night Med. I love this ship and have been wanting to do a Med cruise, seems perfect. I wondered what your thoughts were on pricing, particularly as compared to other Med cruises. Balconies are starting at around $1800 for that cruise. Inside is $1319.

Unfortunately too expensive.

How do these prices compare with past season Med prices, and does Allure justify the increased price? It seems like these prices are about $300 more than what you would let for mid-summer Caribbean on Allure.

What are thoughts on importance of a balcony on a Med cruise?

We just booked the last 7 night med followed by the westbound TA. Managed to get a hump balcony D2 for both sailings (which used to be a D1 but I understand they have changed the classification so that only 3 or 4 berths are called D1 after June 2015)

The pricing is kinda high but for us traveling from Australia is expensive anyway so we want to make the most of it. We will do some land arrangements in Europe before boarding

Edited by BekkaW

No way at those prices unfortunately. £2,300 for 2 of us in a D7 balcony (and that includes balcony discount) compared to £1,600 last year for 7 nights in the Caribbean in the same category of cabin.

I have to agree, even factoring in the cost of transatlantic flights, it still often works out cheaper to cruise in the Caribbean.

However, we have booked the Westbound TA on Allure - prices for that seemed pretty reasonable when they first came out, but have already increased.

When we went in 2008, it was about 3k per E cabin for a 12 night. So that is approximately the same price for a 7 night. I don't think it is particularly cheap or expensive. It's about where they want it to be, and they will adjust prices accordingly after initial bookings have been made.

I agree, there taking the mick, it,s cheaper to go to the Caribbean later in the year. I,m not booking early ever again. We booked the Indy for June in March last year. We,ve had to pay our own port Parking. Same Cruise on Cruise channels and internet now cheaper with FREE parking.

Not quite comparing apples to apples, but last years Carnival med cruise 11 nights in the med deck 8 balcony forward for three cost approx £3000 without flights and transfers.

I'm doing a 5 nighter later this year on Oasis (which is crazy expensive).

I didn't look too hard at the Allure's itinerary, but I had the impression there would be a lot of port days. Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought it was only 1 sea day and, for a ship like Allure, that doesn't seem like enough. My shorter cruise has 2. So, it seems that you are paying more for the ship, yet not spending the amount of time on it to make up the extra cost. Please correct me if I am mistaken.

And, you can't compare Mediterranean with Caribbean prices. Too many things - competition, port fees - effect the price.

Actually I have compared the prices for a Med cruise in 2015 with the price for a Caribbean cruise in 2014 ("same" date/month). The Caribbean cruise was even more expensive than the Med cruise. The Allure is no cheapo. And I don´t think you can compare the prices with any other Med cruise.

steamboats

In our opinion, ships like Oasis and Allure are great for transatlantic crossings because the number of sea days involved allow for more time to enjoy the ship... more difficult to do on a port intensive cruise.

The westbound transatlantic pricing of Oasis in October 2014 and the westbound transatlantic pricing of Allure in October 2015 were very similar during opening week. The 2014 Oasis pricing started going up quickly and today it's over $600 per person more than it was during the first week of booking. (Cat D8)

Hi:o

We are considering about booking this Med cruise ( from Civitavecchia), inside cabin. We have done 3 Med cruises already at a significally lower price( with different cruise company). So this would be our first RC cruise. My question is, if RC has any last minute deals for inside cabins, or is it better to book now - your experience?

Thanks in advance. :D

Edited by Miss_Cruiser

I don't think the prices are too bad in all honesty. We've booked the same cruise as Steamboats and paid around £2,300 (inclusive of pre-paid gratuities) for 3 of us in an inside cabin.

Our cruise is during the May half-term in England so higher prices can be expected.

The itinerary isn't a factor for us as we've been to all of the ports many, many times. In fact we may not even get off the ship!

Debbie :)

Edited by lancashire_cruisers
forgot price includes grats!

No way at those prices unfortunately. £2,300 for 2 of us in a D7 balcony (and that includes balcony discount) compared to £1,600 last year for 7 nights in the Caribbean in the same category of cabin.

Not an exact comparison but we booked Allure for this November - 7 day caribbean in a C1 balcony with return direct flights and 4 nights pre stay in Orlando with car hire for £1200 pp.

I'd say they are exploiting the fact that it will be the first time for Allure in Europe with only three itineraries.

Can't really blame them for that. The largest ship in the world can command a high price.

Edited by icsys