very quiet here

Jim Avery

Are there no recent SD sailors on Cruise Critic? We have heard nothing from recent cruisers in quite a while. No engine updates for SDI? Almost no one has reviewed the Asia cruises. I guess CC ers don't sail on SD anymore?:eek::D:D

We are still around, but nothing booked right now. Next trip is Alaska on Silverseas.

Don't know when we will go back to SD, too many issues and too much misinformation.

Hi Philip. We too are heading to Alaska. Have a suite on the Pacific Princes r/t Vancouver. Would not sail SD in AK even if they chose to sail there. :eek::D

Hi Philip. We too are heading to Alaska. Have a suite on the Pacific Princes r/t Vancouver. Would not sail SD in AK even if they chose to sail there. :eek::D

We are one way southbound Seward - Vancouver, spending about 6 days precruise in the Kenai.

Edited by zqvol

Its been quiet here because ol' Ragnar has been very busy doing non-vacation stuff since our SB Odyssey trip to Greece and Turkey way back in the spring of 2012.

However, ol' Ragnar is now retired, at the ripe old age of 58, and he and the missus are ready to bother the world again :)

Luckily for our fellow cruisers we are doing a land trip next, to Italy in Apr/May. Once the CC board's search function is working again we intend to mine the SD board resources for hotel suggestions. And perhaps asking for new recommendations.

But beware, we've been hankering for a SD caribbean cruise.....

Edited by Ragnar Danneskjold

La Suvera in Tuscany - divine 11th century palazzo...

We have booked SDII in Sept 2015 for a back to back out of Rome.:D

We have also booked L'Austral (Compagnie de Ponant) sailing from Cairns to Sydney leaving 27 Dec 2014. NYE again at sea....and close to home here as it ends up at home.

That's all we can fit in over the next two years....

Shaskelly

Since things are so quiet on this board, just had to add something! Shaskelly are you doing the September 19, 2015 Rome to Rome? We are thinking about that one. Maybe do a land week in Tuscany before the cruise. But I will wait to book when we are on board in August. Maybe we will get to meet!

I had a dream that I was on a SeaDream cruise this morning. It was so real that it took me a few minutes to determine if I had actually been on the ship. I was thinking I needed to write a review on Cruise Critic. Obviously, I came to my senses.

Too bad.:D

I had a dream that I was on a SeaDream cruise this morning. It was so real that it took me a few minutes to determine if I had actually been on the ship. I was thinking I needed to write a review on Cruise Critic. Obviously, I came to my senses.

Too bad.:D

Knot, you really need to stop with the martinis before bedtime.:eek::D:D

Hey Whatnot - that would be cool if we met on board in the Mediterranean next year!

We are planning some time in London before our cruise next year - we went to London for the Queen's Diamond Jubilee and had a great time, so we are planning to be in London around 9 September 2015 when She becomes the longest reigning English monarch ever... we think there might be some celebrations and we want to be at the party! Maybe a few days in Paris on the way to Rome as well.

We've been given a hotel recommendation by some Aussie SeaDreamers for a hotel to stay at near the cruise port and also near enough to Rome to sightsee. It's called Posta Vecchia and it looks great online, and our friends reckon its fabbo. Anyone on here ever stayed there?

Shashkelly

We've been given a hotel recommendation by some Aussie SeaDreamers for a hotel to stay at near the cruise port and also near enough to Rome to sightsee. It's called Posta Vecchia and it looks great online, and our friends reckon its fabbo. Anyone on here ever stayed there?

Shashkelly

We are booked there for a night in September prior to departure from Civitavecchia. Don't remember how we found it but it does look great. I'll try to remember to post some thoughts after we stay there but a gentle reminder around Oct. 1 would certainly be in order.