Champange Balcony Breakfast

Brennivan

It's nice. A friend of ours bought it for us on our December cruise. You get a lot of food--smoked salmon and brioche, fresh fruit, quiche, lots of little pastries--and a half bottle of champagne. It was more than we could eat, so we saved most of the pastries for later in the morning and the champagne for the evening.

You get a lot of food--smoked salmon and brioche, fresh fruit, quiche, lots of little pastries--and a half bottle of champagne.

I would agree...it really is a lot of food!

We enjoyed it on Valentines Day on the Emerald last week. Highly recommended!

Lew

We have done it and it was great! We changed the items since DH doesn't want fish for breakfast :-) We ordered omelets with the fruit, danish, OJ and Champagne. Enjoyed our Mimosas and a relaxing cruising breakfast.

The only downfall was that they bring all the food at once - I think there were 5 trays!! We had to put some of them on the floor while we ate our way through the feast. Yes, a lot of food but it was delicious!

A friend bought it for us two years ago - it was good but way too much food. The same food is served in the buffet (except for the Champagne) so what you are really getting is the service and beautiful presentation.

The entire breakfast is brought at once, set up commences with white tablecloth, silverware, china etc. You are then left to enjoy at your leisure and then you call room service to clear up at the end.

I would pick a port day to have any balcony meal as the wind can be quite strong on sea days.

My parents are on the island princess right now. I ordered it for them as a surprise. They called me before sail away and my mom said When they got to their cabin they had a card in the room that said they received this gift and they were able to pick there day and time that they wanted. They only had to give 12 hrs notice.

They get back March 1st. I'll be sure to let you know how it was.

When DW and I cruise, we do a balcony breakfast almost every day. No not the ultimate one, we do our own. We take a serving tray with us when we cruise, head up to Horizon most morning, load up and bring it back to our balcony. We also take along travel mugs for our coffee. To be sure we do not have the amenities of the ultimate but still is nice.

When DW and I cruise, we do a balcony breakfast almost every day. No not the ultimate one, we do our own. We take a serving tray with us when we cruise, head up to Horizon most morning, load up and bring it back to our balcony. We also take along travel mugs for our coffee. To be sure we do not have the amenities of the ultimate but still is nice.

That's what we do too! Especially when we have a nice aft cabin - sit out there and enjoy the view and get ready for the day. Usually my hubby will go up and load up a platter and bring back for both of us to share. One of these days we'll try the UBD but I don't think the fish selections would make me happy on the UBB.

Here's the description: "Enjoy an intimate, romantic dining experience with breathtaking views and a special meal served by your own dedicated waitstaff on your stateroom balcony. Ulitmate Balcony Dining features a hosted cocktail party, fresh flowers, champagne and a deluxe four-course meal featuring delicate sweet lobster tail or juicy steak among many available delicacies." The cost is $100 per couple.

The room service supervisor meets with you to determine the menu and when you'd like it served. On that day, they'll bring a nice table and set it up on your balcony. They bring a nice flower bouquet for the table, which you get to keep for the rest of the cruise. The dinner starts with your choice of cocktails and canapes. You then get an appetizer, then salad, then entree, dessert, and coffee, and a half bottle of champagne. A photographer comes and takes several photos. You get one of them included in the price (and of course can purchase additional ones).

The wait staff bring each course one by one. They timed it perfectly for us.

There's a regular suggested menu, but you can customize it if you don't like something. The regular entree is lobster tail, filet mignon, or both. I've heard of people who don't eat beef or seafood being able to order chicken.

Edited by geoherb

This sounds a wonderful way to start every day, especially after paying more for a balcony, but what do you do with your dishes?

You can order room service breakfast and set it up on your balcony.

My DH and I do this everyday when we are on a cruise.

True, the choices are limited-no hot dishes,but cereal,fruit and yougurt are fine for us.

We then leave the tray for the steward or room service to take care of when we leave the cabin in the morning.

We try to avoid the buffet at all costs in the morning.

It is too busy and perhaps the food may be too tempting!

Friends surprised us with a balcony breakfast for our twenty-fifth anniversary several years ago.

It was a great surprise-but as others have said,there is so much food for two people!

We saved some for tea time in the afternoon. That can also be enjoyed on the balcony.

Call room service for tea/coffee and some cookies or pastries.

Enjoy the balcony!

I have booked it for the morning of our 50th Wedding Anniversary when we are on the Ocean Princess next month. We will be tendering at Koh Samui so it should be a great start to a very special day.

When you mean a lot of fish, do you mean the smoked salmon or are there other varieties of fish? I am quite happy with cold smoked salmon but not sure if it is something else.

Jennie

Edited by Aussie Gal

When you mean a lot of fish, do you mean the smoked salmon or are there other varieties of fish? I am quite happy with cold smoked salmon but not sure if it is something else.

Jennie

That's the only fish I have received with the Champagne Breakfast.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Tell me about the Ultimate Balcony dinner! I haven't heard about it!!

I'll be glad to tell you about it but you'll have to be patient. Wife and I are celebrating our anniversary on CB on 6 Mar 14. We've scheduled a UBD for that night. I should be able to give you all the details once we return.

If you have any specific questions, ask now so I'll be sure to find out the answers next week.

The few things I know now are these. The main course can be lobster or a big steak. You can also go with a 'surf and turf' thingy. I also understand you need to go easy on the earlier courses (salad, etc) and save room for desert.

I've also heard you can swap the half bottle of champagne for other wine choices.