Upgrades to All Ships - Except Jewel?

Niwel

Not sure if this was brought up before, but I found this on the RCCL site:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentSitelet.do?pagename=revitalizations&cS=NAVBAR

As a future Jewel sailor - I was curious why every ship is getting an update - except Jewel. Especially since the page says:

No ship goes untouched as we add favorite features from our groundbreaking Oasis-class ships to our entire fleet. Because you deserve the ultimate Royal Caribbean experience, no matter which ship, ocean or continent you choose.

The only thing I can think is that maybe Jewel is part of the 2015 update and hasn't been added yet. Any recent Jewel passengers (or anyone else) know what's going on?

This is news to me. I just booked one of the Cali Coastals in 2015 because they should theoretically have the nursery onboard by then. (My son will be 2.5 by then and Royal is the only line doing Cali that has kids programs at that age...)

Im looking at the deck plans (there are two sets online)

Deck Plans from

01-Nov-2014 to 25-Apr-2015

Deck Plans from

02-May-2015 to 10-Oct-2015

It looks like a dry dock is scheduled between those dates, but there don't appear to be any changes :(

No nursery for us unless they just haven't provided the updated plans yet because the 2015 ship list is not yet released for dry docks.

Edited by smileyperry

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentSitelet.do?pagename=revitalizations&cS=NAVBAR

As a future Jewel sailor - I was curious why every ship is getting an update - except Jewel. Especially since the page says:

The only thing I can think is that maybe Jewel is part of the 2015 update and hasn't been added yet. Any recent Jewel passengers (or anyone else) know what's going on?

I heard and read somewhere April 2016 as well. Jewel is the newest of the Radiance class so it makes sense they saved her for last. I was on Jewel in 2012 and she was in very good shape then.

I heard and read somewhere April 2016 as well. Jewel is the newest of the Radiance class so it makes sense they saved her for last. I was on Jewel in 2012 and she was in very good shape then.

That nursery would have been so great to have though. If you look at the list there are newer ships than Jewel that are getting updates earilier.

Trust me, Jewel is fabulous and is the only ship left in the fleet with a Sea View Café. She is gorgeous. :) If we could sail her again and again before her refurb, we certainly would. Oh, and shower doors to boot!

It's our favorite ship, too! :D And ditto on the shower doors!

That nursery would have been so great to have though. If you look at the list there are newer ships than Jewel that are getting updates earilier.

yeah that's true I guess. you have a point. What I meant was the newest of the Radiance class

Edited by CRUISEBOY305

It all depends on how their 5 year mandatory dry dock schedule falls. The Jewel wasrobably the last ship to go into dry dock before the current revitalization program began.

Trust me, Jewel is fabulous and is the only ship left in the fleet with a Sea View Café. She is gorgeous. :) If we could sail her again and again before her refurb, we certainly would. Oh, and shower doors to boot!

Sea View Cafe on the beautiful Jewel... How about a Pacific Coastal in fall 2015, r.t. from LA. ;)

Yes, as a frequent user of the nursery over my last three cruises, I can tell you with absolutely 100% certainty, that nursery was worth every penny I spent in there. My daughter is outside of the nursery window now but during that time, I would not sail on any ship without a nursery. The people that work at the three nurseries we used were wonderful caring people who did a wonderful job taking care of our daughter while giving us a chance to have a night on the ship, or have a relaxing afternoon in the solarium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What about shower doors? Only Jewel has them? :O

The first cruise I ever took my daughter on was the beautiful Brilliance of the Seas. We loved her and then they revitalized her, taking away the Sea View Cafe. Sad! Sad! Sad! So you can imagine how happy I was to see that the Jewel is going to be in California. It will be like visiting the old Brilliance in a lot of ways. Next week when my husband and I are on the Reflection, we're booking Jewel from Vancouver. Yippeee!

Radiance had her big refit in Victoria, so maybe? they will do Jewel when she is up that way?

Hope so, as we want to use the new CL!!:D not the tiny one it has now.

We were on that last cruise prior to the retro

The schedule for the Jewel doesn't have that break, prior to Alaska, like the Radiance did

Has absolutely nothing to do that she is the newest Radiance Class ship. Jewel got her dry dock just before RC started the refurbishment program for all their ships, so that's the reason that she will be the last one to get all the upgrades.

Radiance had her big refit in Victoria, so maybe? they will do Jewel when she is up that way?

Hope so, as we want to use the new CL!!:D not the tiny one it has now.

They will have evening cocktails both in the lounge and Hollywood Odyssey, which eventually will become the CL. And the Diamond Event is in the Starquest - we often took our drinks in there from the CL because it was nice and peaceful. My recollection is that they served proper appies in all three locations, too. I tried to stay away so as to be able to do my dinners justice.:)

That info is wrong about Voyager of the Seas her dry dock is in Singapore 17 October 2014 - 21 November 2014 as the Singapore Port Cruise Timetable indicates. Also confirmed by many staff on my last Voyager cruise.

http://mbccs.com.sg/index.php?option=com_jumi&view=application&fileid=4

It is too bad that they just can't make one of the lounges, where they have the Diamond Event, be a Diamond Lounge in the evening hours. At the Diamond Event you only get free wine, soda or champagne and get a discount a 25% (I think that is correct) on mixed drinks. They should at least offer the full Diamond Lounge perks until the refurb which will take place in 2016.

It is too bad that they just can't make one of the lounges, where they have the Diamond Event, be a Diamond Lounge in the evening hours. At the Diamond Event you only get free wine, soda or champagne and get a discount a 25% (I think that is correct) on mixed drinks. They should at least offer the full Diamond Lounge perks until the refurb which will take place in 2016.
Why should they do that? I'm grateful for the Diamond Event.