MDR Menu's on Emerald?

SugarStar00

I am trying to pick a night to go to the Crown Grill but don't want to miss something wonderful in the MDR. Does anyone have any recent copies/photos of the dinner menu each night on the 10 day southern caribbean medley. OR if anyone will be on her in the next 3 weeks and would be willing to photograph the menu each night and share when you return?

Thanks!

Edited by SugarStar00

The people taking reservations for the specialty restaurants should have a copy of each menu. Ask to see the menus before making your reservations. Other than formal nights, I don't remember anything so spectacular on a menu that you'd want to miss eating in a specialty restaurant. It's more trying to avoid a menu that doesn't excite you.

Are you on the 10-day Emerald cruise 3/19? If so, formal nights will most likely be Friday, 3/21 and Thursday, 3/27. They are normally on sea days and never on the first night or the night before disembarkation.

When you get to your cabin right after boarding, there'll be a Princess Patter on the desk. It'll list your itinerary and which nights are formal and which are smart casual. Formal nights usually have the better menus.

Edited by Pam in CA

I am trying to pick a night to go to the Crown Grill but don't want to miss something wonderful in the MDR. Does anyone have any recent copies/photos of the dinner menu each night on the 10 day southern caribbean medley. OR if anyone will be on her in the next 3 weeks and would be willing to photograph the menu each night and share when you return?

Thanks!

As other posters have mentioned, we requested the next night's menu each evening so we could make our dining plans.

To respond more directly, it was suggested to us that "Chef's Night" was an excellent night to elect to dine elsewhere from the MDR.

Regards, Ned

As other posters have mentioned, we requested the next night's menu each evening so we could make our dining plans.

To respond more directly, it was suggested to us that "Chef's Night" was an excellent night to elect to dine elsewhere from the MDR.

Regards, Ned

Thats the night we usually miss too by going to one of the specialty restaurants.

The people taking reservations for the specialty restaurants should have a copy of each menu. Ask to see the menus before making your reservations. Other than formal nights, I don't remember anything so spectacular on a menu that you'd want to miss eating in a specialty restaurant. It's more trying to avoid a menu that doesn't excite you.

This is where being a "cruise n00b" is great. We've only cruised twice so far and have two more scheduled for this year. At this point a dinner in MDR that is multi-course, served by someone else, cooked by someone else, and cleaned up by someone else is GREAT! We don't worry if the menu for that night isn't fabulous. Of course sometimes we don't/won't eat in MDR but it really isn't based so much on the nightly menu as our mood.

Someday we may have cruised enough to become more jaded but, for now, we are enjoying everything about cruising. When they say to "Escape Completely" we definitely take them up on it. :D

Note: In the interest of full disclosure I did have the absolute worst prime rib of my life on our cruise to Alaska on Sea Princess. It was so bad I sent it back and the replacement was just as bad. I didn't eat it. Other than that though everything we've had in MDR was pretty darn good.

We don't look at them cause it spoils the surprise. :D

Even if the evening's offering didn't wow you there is always the fettuccine in the parmesan bowl. You can't go wrong with that. Of course I wouldn't want to have it every night but it's always available if nothing else grabs your interest.

This is where being a "cruise n00b" is great. We've only cruised twice so far and have two more scheduled for this year. At this point a dinner in MDR that is multi-course, served by someone else, cooked by someone else, and cleaned up by someone else is GREAT! We don't worry if the menu for that night isn't fabulous. Of course sometimes we don't/won't eat in MDR but it really isn't based so much on the nightly menu as our mood.

Someday we may have cruised enough to become more jaded but, for now, we are enjoying everything about cruising. When they say to "Escape Completely" we definitely take them up on it. :D

Note: In the interest of full disclosure I did have the absolute worst prime rib of my life on our cruise to Alaska on Sea Princess. It was so bad I sent it back and the replacement was just as bad. I didn't eat it. Other than that though everything we've had in MDR was pretty darn good.

I'm with you on this, I'm certainly not jaded yet. Its just a simple fact that if I want to try dinner at the Crown Grill I have to miss a dinner in the MDR and I'd prefer it to be meatloaf or fried chicken night is all. :rolleyes:

Thanks for all the responses.