Multiple rooms = more wine??

mamarulis

Hi all, this is the first cruise in about 5 years and the "bring your own wine" rule is new to us. We have 8 people booked in the Presidential Family Suite. I'm curious if the 2 bottles of wine is per cabin (we have 1), per bedroom (we have 4) or per reservation (we have 2)? Thanks in advance!

Hi all, this is the first cruise in about 5 years and the "bring your own wine" rule is new to us. We have 8 people booked in the Presidential Family Suite. I'm curious if the 2 bottles of wine is per cabin (we have 1), per bedroom (we have 4) or per reservation (we have 2)? Thanks in advance!

The policy is 2 750ml bottles of wine per cabin.

Doesn't seem very fair though for cabins with multiple bedrooms.

2 per cabin regardless of the number of people or bedrooms

How do they enforce that rule? If you have 2 people in your cabin and one walks on with 2 bottles then 5 min later the other person walks on with 2 bottles how will they know?

Some ports are keeping track of number of bottles and stateroom numbers.

This past December we stayed in the Presidential Family Suite on the Independence and brought on more than 2 bottles of wine. We figured with 10 people in 4 rooms there wouldn't be any issue. And there wasn't. Everyone put it in their carry on and no one was ever questioned.

P.S. The refrigerator in the bar on the balcony is very cold. Great for storing water and wine, if need be. And it's much larger than the standard cabin mini fridge, which is very nice.

Hi,

My husband and I always put two bottles in our carry on bags when boarding the ship (not plane!) and walk in separate lines. You do the math and have a wonderful cruise! :)

And people like you who insist on cheating the system will eventually lead to the demise of the privilege. You do the math.

And people like you who insist on cheating the system will eventually lead to the demise of the privilege. You do the math.

Oh here we go.... :::grabs popcorn:::

My roomie and I on our last cruise both brought 2 each and walked right through.

And those of you ready to pounce with your pitchforks....we also BOTH bought the premium drink package so you can save it. :rolleyes:

Heck they didn't even check on Serenade earlier this month. I had four in one bag (for our cabin and my parents') and they didn't even ask. Granted, that was the day she was arriving at the pier three hours late and we were already there watching.

Starting to get the feeling that it's an arbitrary number they can use as a "gotcha" if someone gets badly out of line in some other way.

Can't prove it though.

I would try bringing 2 bottles for every "twosome" provided you're all over 21. If they say something, you can honestly say you have 8 adults staying in your presidential suite. The absolute worst that will happen is they keep the wine. If you try to be sneaky about it that's a different story. But since you're probably paying like $10k for the room, I would hope that they don't throw you off the ship!

Edited by Namsteveo

Don't forget you'll have access to the concierge lounge. Once we got access to the lounge, we've ended up not drinking all the bottles we bring on board. It will depend on the trip, who you are traveling with, but you definitely can have a good time in the lounge.

I'll be in our first two b/r suite in October. I didn't realize they had 4 b/d suites. wow.

They didn't even check to see what our bottles were/how many we had when we were on Indy in November... We brought 3... (Two rooms, between my parents and DH and I but my parents don't drink so we took one of their allowance) but we walked thru with zero questions. We figured we would have a drink in the room while getting ready for the night, but we ended up not even drinking them because we like to be "out drinking"

My roomie and I on our last cruise both brought 2 each and walked right through.

And those of you ready to pounce with your pitchforks....we also BOTH bought the premium drink package so you can save it. :rolleyes:

Call me pedantic but how is that relevant? Rules about bringing on wine are completely seperate to beverage packages. Buying one doesn't give you a green light to break the rules about carry on wine. or anything else.

Curiosity.... How do you have 2 reservations for 1 cabin?

If the cabin holds more than 5 people then you will need 2 reservations as RCI's archaic booking system will only allow 4 names per reservation no matter the number that the cabin will hold.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

get a life..

and the folks with their undies bunch don't even understand your post. for you slower folks RCI didn't loose a dime because they brought on extra wine. in fact since they both had premium package they potentially saved RCI money.

get a life..

and the folks with their undies bunch don't even understand your post. for you slower folks RCI didn't loose a dime because they brought on extra wine. in fact since they both had premium package they potentially saved RCI money.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Forums mobile app

By George we have a winner! !

RCI didn't loose a dime because they brought on extra wine. in fact since they both had premium package they potentially saved RCI money.

I'm still scratching my head.

I think if Royal Caribbean wanted to make sure everyone only carried on 2 bottles per cabin they would be more diligent about checking.

If I bring a bottle of wine, can I bring it to the dinning room? I assume there is a corkage fee?

The fee is $25 per bottle, if they decide to charge you. I've read reports where they don't always charge you.

"and the folks with their undies bunch don't even understand your post. for you slower folks RCI didn't loose a dime because they brought on extra wine. in fact since they both had premium package they potentially saved RCI money. "

"By George we have a winner! !"

You folks crack me up! But, yes, I agree that the poster who brought the wine AND purchased the premium package likely SAVED RCCL $$$$!