MS Westeram & MS Veendam Sail-Away, Feb 22, 2014

aliaschief

Sometimes I stay at the Hilton using points (the points are cheaper than the Embassy) used by HAL. I have been able to purchase a ride on the bus with HAL folks. The advantage is that when I turn in my luggage, I do not have to check it in at the terminal. It goes straight from the hotel to my cabin.

Thank You for the shuttle Information....

I know it's over a year away, but I like my ducks in a row way ahead of time...

I have points at the Roadway, and free shuttle from the airport and to the ship, but the reviews aren't very good....but then again, I will only be there for about a short while.....

Just baked cinnamon/apple/raisin rolls...will have TWO while I watch the Westerdam sail away....

Bob

Sometimes I stay at the Hilton using points (the points are cheaper than the Embassy) used by HAL. I have been able to purchase a ride on the bus with HAL folks. The advantage is that when I turn in my luggage, I do not have to check it in at the terminal. It goes straight from the hotel to my cabin.

Interesting - I don't find it a big deal to check the luggage and actually like to see my luggage loaded on :)

I am missing people or perhaps just envious? Scrapnana still on her cruise and now, I see on our Westerdam roll call that startwin has escaped to the U.K. Anyone who gets out of some of this winter is making me green with envy. And now the Chief escapes next week!!!

He sure is; all the way back to San Diego. He goes home and I get on ;)

What a great Captain. We also had the honor of being invited to dine at his table. Wonderful evening.

He is always reminding everyone to wash their hands. He checks the automatic hand washers and gets the daily count.

[quote name='aliaschief']What a great Captain. We also had the honor of being invited to dine at his table. Wonderful evening.

He is always reminding everyone to wash their hands. He checks the automatic hand washers and gets the daily count.[/quote]
And likes to inform passengers about local wildlife wherever ship is.

Quick question - Where do you guys get the ship & port radio? We watch from our balcony as the ships sail out and not from the webcam. I suppose we could, but I'd feel a little silly looking at a little screen to see what's happening in front of me. ;)

Also, is one of the cameras mounted at Sky Harbor (2100 S Ocean Dr, FLL)? It looks that way from the angle.