Breakfast @ Sabatini"s

Bases5

The best suite perk their is! I loved the "Happy Juice" (Mimosas) and Cappucino every morning. DH loved the glass cup with the potatoes with the poached eggs. Service and food were excellent. It was also a nice way to get to meet our fellow suite guests.

I'm curious what is on the menu for breakfast?

The menu is short, everything on it is good, and espresso/cappuccino drinks are no extra charge.

A tray of the day's pastries will be offered to you, about 8-10 items.

Ask the headwaiter for anything else, with one-day advance notice he can arrange for anything (steak, asparagus omelette, etc). Probably can't do ackee-and-saltfish but practically anything.

~sent using Cruise Critic app~

Since we were in a suite last month, we had 4 breakfasts in Sabatini's. Mimosas are not my thing, though DH tried one and didn't like it. He of course liked everything about breakfasting there, especially his capuccinos w/o using the coffee card. ;) I, the picky eater, just bided my time. My breakfasts never differ no matter where I am. On my cheese day, I asked for swiss (Ementaler) and promptly got it. My egg day omelet was made dead; just the way I ordered it. Having a suite was wonderful; getting a full refund for it was better. :D

Since we were in a suite last month, we had 4 breakfasts in Sabatini's. Mimosas are not my thing, though DH tried one and didn't like it.

Pia... The trick is to order a Mimosa, but hold the OJ. :rolleyes:

The Eggs Benedict and French Toast are a step above the main dining room breakfast. Very few passengers and a great way to start the day.

IMHO the Eggs Benedict are much more than a step above...perhaps two or three steps.

I've never really enjoyed the Eggs Benedict in the MDR. Poached eggs are always too well done and hollandaise is not good at all.

Lew

Truthfully Pam, I think it is way over-rated. I had trouble getting banana bread every morning. The waiters just couldn't seem to remember that I wanted it every morning. It would take up to 20 mins. to get it most mornings. The food choices are limited.

IMO, and most especially DH's opinion, we prefer the buffet and getting to "graze" - take a look at what's offered, try a bit of this or a bit of that, and get as much or as little as we like. I do prefer the quiet ambiance of Sabatini's but the rest of it, we can do without. :cool:

Truthfully Pam, I think it is way over-rated.QUOTE]

I am beginning to think that way also. I wasn't impressed on the Royal at Christmas at all. Wait staff were all nice but not like other ships. Something was just off - not the same family atmosphere. Not sure if it is because of the layout or not. On our 28 day Tahiti cruise we became a big family - everyone stopped and talked every morning and our wait staff was always joking and we had a great start tot he day. My favorite was always the egg benedict. And now the yogurt parfait is offered at the IC so it isn't something special anymore. I only went twice on our last cruise.

And I also am really debating if I want to book any more suites - they have cut back on so many things. And if you are elite, you get all the other perks except a larger cabin.

So, Pam, save your money.

Sadly, I'll probably never be in a full suite so I won't be able to experience this great perk. :(
Pam, You should have booked a suite on your recent "free" cruise. We upgraded from a mini to a full suite and will use the cruise credit for a fall cruise on the Royal :)

I do need to say after eating at Sabatini's on the Golden and the Emerald, service was off on the Sapphire. Realized there were only three rather than the usual four waiters and they weren't coordinated. The food was a good as always. Don't know how they get the poached eggs just right every time. They said you need to add vinegar to the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Edited by IECalCruiser

Besides unlimited internet, what things?

They did add a complementary specialty dinner on embarkation day ;)

I think a bigger issue is the reduced balcony size, first with the 5' deep barely usable Riviera deck penthouse suite (S4) balconies on the Crown, Emerald & Ruby and more recently the 4' deep balconies in the S5 & S6 suites and no inside dining table in the S2 suites on the Royal and Regal.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Edited by IECalCruiser

Pam, You should have booked a suite on your recent "free" cruise. We upgraded from a mini to a full suite and will use the cruise credit for a fall cruise on the Royal :)
Maybe I should have but I couldn't justify the cost, even knowing I would get it 100% back towards my Royal cruise in September. :( I'm going to assume they're going to have an equally hard time filling those cruises so maybe next year.

DrivesLikeMario and compozer, tend to agree with you in some respects. While the food was very good and the atmosphere was very peaceful and elegant, the one thing I inquired about that was not on the menu seemed to be a lot of trouble for our waiter. I had noticed stewed figs, which I love, on the MDR menu and requested them. After being told basically that it would take too long to get them for me, I politely demurred but asked if I could get them the next morning. Yep, you guessed it, the next morning when they did not appear and I inquired about 'my figs' (same waiter), the body language was so obvious as to what a pain I was, but they did finally come 20 minutes later.

When they weren't offered the next morning I got the message and didn't bother asking any more.

Funny thing was, there were only two or three couples in there, so he was not busy, but seemed to enjoy hanging out at other tables.

My DH and I are pretty quiet, non demanding people,, but I ended up feeling very uncomfortable eating there and slighted.

It was our first time in a suite, and it was on one of the four day coastal s last fall that offered the full fare credit, so we wondered if that was the reason for the bad attitude?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Besides unlimited internet, what things?

On the Royal

The tubs aren't Jacuzzi anymore

The fresh flower arrangements were two leaf plants with two stems of orchids - not very pretty at all

The bathroom amenities were cut way back.

The balcony table only has two chairs - they use to have four.

The cabins are smaller.

The sofa has been replaced with a loveseat.

No wet bar.

No personalized stationery.

On the Royal

The fresh flower arrangements were two leaf plants with two stems of orchids - not very pretty at all

The cabins are smaller.

No wet bar.

Even more reasons for us to remain with the Grand class and smaller ships.

Mike:)

I listen to the complaints about Royal Caribbean, and how people just don't feel the same........and then we jumped back aboard Princess........and guess what.........the same complaints!

Shows me that the companies are about equal......and both have (not are) gone downhill.

Do we still love cruising............you bet!

Thank goodness that we can still afford suites! But Princess suites will never stand up to the suites of Royal Caribbean.

So..........a couple of more, starting in just under a week, but after our cruise in September with Princess.........I think we are gone again.:rolleyes:

Rick

We still like cruising as well but are spending more time on other means of vacation than we did before.

There is a lot to be said for spending a week or more at a destination where one can really absorb more of the local color.

We still like cruising as well but are spending more time on other means of vacation than we did before.

There is a lot to be said for spending a week or more at a destination where one can really absorb more of the local color.

Mike I can second that. As much as I love cruising I couldn't do it exclusively when there are great destinations to Absorb and Savor. Last year I canceled a cruise on the Ruby to the Med to savor a week in my beloved Germany-with no regrets. Two cruises a year will probably be my style for a long time to come.

I would hate for my cruises to blur into one another. I had a lady ask me in line to get on the CB in Houston- which ship is this?

Exploring European cities and countryside in a car and sitting at sidewalk cafes at night with no thought of "what time do we have to be back onboard?" has some appeal, which will call me away from cruising exclusively.

Norris

On the Royal

The cabins are smaller.

No wet bar.

Well that is the Royal where they got a lot of things wrong. Everything was as expected and enjoyed on the CB in January.

Norris, not tempted by the new-builds.