Muts

MsSoCalCruiser

We were on the Emerald Princess last week and not particularly impressed with MUTS. I thought the picture and sound quality were not very good and the lights that were on around the pool just below were distracting. Most of the movies were rebroadcast either the next day or at some point during the cruise on cabin TV's.

Were were just on the Crown and also saw the second Hunger Games and Thor.

I don't think you can get upset about sitting outside, in a lounge chair,in warm weather, with the blue skies and stars above you and the ocean going by and watching a movie under the stars. Yes, it isn't perfect, but I love MUTS!

I don't think you can get upset about sitting outside, in a lounge chair,in warm weather, with the blue skies and stars above you and the ocean going by and watching a movie under the stars. Yes, it isn't perfect, but I love MUTS!

Definitely right! And when the movie is good, the movie takes over. All of the distractions melt away. Top Gun, for the umpteenth time, was great on MUTS. The final dogfight was spectacular!

See Captain Phillips for sure. Tom Hanks is absolutely great. He spent time with the real Captain Phillips, researching the role. See it, even if you think you won't like it.

I'm on the Island in about three weeks. How often do the movies change? I haven't seen Gravity or Last Vegas yet. I won't get them from Redbox if I know they are my choices on the ship.

I was wondering how often the movies change, also! We'll be on the Royal in April! Anyone know? :o

I was wondering how often the movies change, also! We'll be on the Royal in April! Anyone know? :o

Between every three and six weeks according to the CD on the UST a couple years ago on Star Princess. The hard drive containing all of the programming for MUTS, movies in the showrooms (if any) and stateroom TV is swapped for a new one--and the passwords send via a different courier so that if the drive is stolen it can't be used.

Ah, but almost perfect:D

It doesn't have to be evening and it doesn't have to be a new movie. I know there are many who hate MUTS - especially during the day - but I got hooked into it one afternoon when I passed by and saw Casablanca playing. Yes, I've seen that movie a zillion times before but it hooked me right in. It was great watching the movie outdoors and having someone come by with milk and cookies. :)

It doesn't have to be evening and it doesn't have to be a new movie. I know there are many who hate MUTS - especially during the day - but I got hooked into it one afternoon when I passed by and saw Casablanca playing. Yes, I've seen that movie a zillion times before but it hooked me right in. It was great watching the movie outdoors and having someone come by with milk and cookies. :)

I am a fan of MUTS. I liked it even better than a drive-in movie... Maybe it was the cookies :)

On the CB a week ago, MUTS evening movies (each shown twice in an evening) were:

o “Last Vegas”

o “The Hunger Games: Catching Fire”

o “Thor: The Dark World”

o “Gravity”

o “Captain Phillips”

o “Mamma Mia!”

This may have changed starting March 1.

Edited by caribill

On the CB a week ago, MUTS evening movies (each shown twice in an evening) were:

o “Last Vegas”

o “The Hunger Games: Catching Fire”

o “Thor: The Dark World”

o “Gravity”

o “Captain Phillips”

o “Mamma Mia!”

This may have changed starting March 1.

Thank you! There are 4 that I haven't seen yet. Have you seen Gravity?

I am a fan of MUTS. I liked it even better than a drive-in movie... Maybe it was the cookies :)

I like the idea of comparing MUTS to a drive-in movie. And since most of us don't have access to drive-ins anymore, it can be a special treat. The cookies and milk really help.

Sit back and enjoy:)

Thank you! There are 4 that I haven't seen yet. Have you seen Gravity?

Saw Gravity and loved it. It was so beautifully filmed, it was like being there. It kind of took my breath away at times! I can think of no better place to see it than in the middle of nowhere, on the ocean and under the stars !

Years ago, I watched Grease on Caribbean Princess - New England cruise in the fall. It's still one of my favorite memories. Reminded me of drive-ins when I was young. Even if I don't watch a full movie, I LOVE MUTS! DH doesn't really care for it...oh well!

Also, they were showing a Barry Manilow concert a while back. I can only hope it's still playing when I'm on my March Cruise on Saphire Princess.

: