Spa reservations

katz

You can call Canyon Ranch @ Sea. 877-329-1924. You can go on their website and look at the services (and prices) of what is offered.

Where do you find pricing? I have searched and find all the services, but there are no prices listed.

Make sure ur sitting down when u see the prices. I have been to spas all over. Oceania's spa pricing was done by the same folks who price the excursions. Exorbitant is an understatement

Can reservations for spa services be made on line before our sail date?

If you intend to use salon services for any reason, it is a good idea to make appointments before boarding if you want a specific date and time, as well. The same number applies. Canyon Ranch is expensive everywhere. We have one here on Miami Beach. I haven't compared prices, considering that the salon on Riviera is at sea, CR does quality work. That's the main thing to me.

I've been to canyon ranch in Tucson where I live and in Lenox mass

Services are only as good as the operator. Cr is nothing special unless ur getting the whole cr experience, which is a different story

A massage or a facial are standard. I am comparing o's spa prices to other cruise lines. Prices IMO are not worth it

I've been to canyon ranch in Tucson where I live and in Lenox mass

Services are only as good as the operator. Cr is nothing special unless ur getting the whole cr experience, which is a different story

A massage or a facial are standard. I am comparing o's spa prices to other cruise lines. Prices IMO are not worth it

Yes, the prices and many of the services are not worth it. The Spa, however, is a good way to us up extra OBC which we all seem to have these days.

I too was horrified by the Spa price list, never used the Spa once on our first cruise, and I love massages.

However I had a really nice experience on Riviera for our Mayan Mystique cruise in February that I thought I would share.

We had a B3 cabin, and lots of port activities so. I wasn't really planning to use the Spa Terrace until the sea day, where I was prepared to pay the $25 so that I could get access to that fantastic heated Thalassotherapy pool.

However on one of the port days they advertised 20% off massages in the newsletter, so I thought I would give it a try. I didn't realize that when you get a Spa treatment you also have access to the Spa Terrace and T/pool for the day, so I enjoyed that extra perk and didn't have to pay the $25 daily fee. The massage was truly wonderful, well worth every penny I spent on it. I tipped extra and was quite satisfied, telling the therapist that I would be back.

Then we got busy as one does on O....and right as we were leaving for dinner our phone rang - it was the therapist just calling to let me know that she had some early morning openings for the next day at the discounted rate....was I interested?

You betcha! Another massage next day and a whole day of access to all Spa amenities for little me.....

Not sure how much leeway the therapists have to do this sort of thing, but it certainly made a convert out of me. Isn't it funny how a bit of a discount and a personalized phone call can make such a difference. Of course concierge level fans won't see any benefits, but if you're like me and only want a few days of Spa, it's worth remembering that there may be some flexibility on pricing....

Cheers - Terry

Thanks, everyone for your input. I will be prepared for their pricing. We have $550 in OBC, so the prices won't be that painful (I hope).

Now another question, I forgot to ask in my original post----do the therapists try to sell all their creams and lotions? We have had this problem on other cruise lines.

Hey Katz,

Mine did not...not a whisper about the price of any creams or oils. We had a discussion about all the oils she had available as we decided which combination of scents would be best for me, but no pressure to buy anything at all. Thank goodness, I hate that kind of thing too.

Terry

Can anyone give me a price range for a massage? I want to be prepared before I call.

Thanks.

Go to http://www.canyonranch.com/spaclubcelebritycruises/the-spa/massage-bodywork

From there, go to either "Massage and Bodywork" or "Skin Care." Then hit any treatment under those, and you'll get prices for treatments on Celebrity ships. The prices on Oceania will be the same or very close. Contrary to what others have said, I don't think the prices are unreasonable for a cruise ship. Are they more than I'll pay at home for similar treatment? Of course!! Are they more than I've paid on other cruise ships? No.

Go to http://www.canyonranch.com/spaclubcelebritycruises/the-spa/massage-bodywork

From there, go to either "Massage and Bodywork" or "Skin Care." Then hit any treatment under those, and you'll get prices for treatments on Celebrity ships. The prices on Oceania will be the same or very close. Contrary to what others have said, I don't think the prices are unreasonable for a cruise ship. Are they more than I'll pay at home for similar treatment? Of course!! Are they more than I've paid on other cruise ships? No.

Thanks for the link and thoughts on pricing. This is extremely helpful. Agree with you, while not what I would pay at home for these services, I don't find the prices offensive or out of the ordinary for a cruise ship. AND, if one is lucky enough to get a percentage discount... ;) Thanks again! :)

Thanks for sending the link. I don't think the massage prices are must different from resort prices. A little more expensive that what I pay at home, but not terrible. As long as the quality is there, the prices aren't bad.

I looked at the pricing for Celebrity ships on the Canyon Ranch website and, yes, prices look comparable to charges we saw on Oceania Riviera on our cruise last month. We did find that specials were available on port days…just be sure and keep an eye out for ad in daily schedule which arrives in your cabin each evening. Seems they decide how liberal to be with specials depending on how services are selling on an specific cruise. At first specials were very limited to 8 and 9a.m. appointments and 7 in the evening. Then for popular ports where most everyone goes ashore (eg. St. Barts) they offered 80 minute treatments for the price of a 50 minute treatment all day. Also, note that mandatory gratuity is 18%, as it is for beverage services on Oceania.