Divina extreme reviews, is it the Divina, or the Reviewers!

American Bear

According to our reservations for the May 3rd, 2014 Sailing of The Divina, Here is what we chose for Specialty Dining Packages:

Eataly's "Ristorante Italia" Experience (Chef Tasting 5 Course Italian): $29.00 per person, Plus 15% Gratuity

Galaxy Experience "Menu Galaxy" (7 Courses with 7 Wine Parings): $50.00 per person, Plus 15% Gratuity

Eataly Experience (Steak House): $24.00 per person, Plus 15% Gratuity

Also available are two other lower options for the Galaxy Experience. A Regular Off-the-Menu Dining Price(pick one from each course) and a paired down Experience with just 1 Appetizer, 1 Entree and Dessert.

There is also a day time luncheon called The "Galaxy Grand Buffet" Experience, and that has been compared to the old fashioned "Midnight Buffet's" of cruising yesteryear, but it's in the daytime! I believe that is around $20 per person. We thought about doing this as well, but with the MDR open for lunch every day, whether in port or not, and with the substantial buffet already ongoing a few decks below, we are foregoing this option.

Once you have a booking number, click on "Specialty Dining" Reservations, then input your reservation information and all the available options will be there for you to see, along with current pricing. Now if an option that I may have mentioned here, is not on your listing, then that particular option is sold out for Pre-Reservations. Don't worry, it may still be able for purchase once on board, as there are most certainly cancellations and changes.

We are on the May 3rd, 2014 Eastern Sailing and Baked Alaska is served on one of the Gala Nights according to the You Tube Videos I have seen on The Divina. And that is something else I am looking forward to! Love that little touch of remembering Classic Cruising from years past.

Have a gorgeous cruise on the Magnificent MSC Divina!

And Remember:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTMWP_e95OTzJ5xnSkJ1IOGWGNAJYmLFRovUwircxgSsJXI3XCs4A

Wave your Pinky at NEG-A-TIV-A-TY!

For some reason it won't let me book anything, including drink packages. I'm wondering if I need to pay in full before they will let me book. Ideas?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, facts are facts.

However...

Shall we stop cruising on Costa after Concordia disaster and a few other incidnts or on MSC - after their incidents?

I don't think so.

These are "knocking on wood" facts.

It's good to know but nothing to worry about.

Ships' amenities and comfort or design flaws are things that you will experience on the ship.

Running aground, collapsing ramps, noro outbreaks are things that unlikely will happen, and cruise lines take every measures to prevent it.

And amenities, comfort, and design flaws(?) that matter are different for everyone!

Cruiseguys has shown you that!

But norovirus, e-coli, etc. affects everyone, and the beautiful Divina has never had that problem!

Again I repeat myself, you bring nothing to the MSC forums but trouble making! You love the other ships, go to their forums!

Edited by Russian Bear

Oh Cruiseguy, how I wish we were sailing with you! You sound like so much fun!!! Alas, we are on the March 22 sailing, but are so looking forward to sailing on this beautiful ship. We've sailed just about all of the other main cruiselines, with the exception of Disney and NCL, and are so excited to experience the Divina!

I will be sure to post a review as soon as I return - I always do. We have purchased several of the drink vouchers and will report back how that works.

We have been to Europe nearly every year since 1998, mostly independent land trips but also a TA and a Med cruise, and we're so excited to experience a little bit of that again on this ship. We LOVE the long, slow meals, the service that doesn't "hover" or intrude, the classical music, the gelato, the abundance of different languages, the pasta courses - in short, the civility.

We have 3 others cruising with us - my brother, who has to cruise solo and is over the moon about the terrific solo fare he got, and our best friends of 50 years on just their 2nd cruise.

It will be interesting to see how each of us views this new cruiseline to the US.

Let's just say I'm optimistic and full of anticipation. As I've always said, some of the happiest moments of my life are those when I'm walking onto a cruise ship!

Oh Cruiseguy, how I wish we were sailing with you! You sound like so much fun!!! Alas, we are on the March 22 sailing, but are so looking forward to sailing on this beautiful ship. We've sailed just about all of the other main cruiselines, with the exception of Disney and NCL, and are so excited to experience the Divina!

I will be sure to post a review as soon as I return - I always do. We have purchased several of the drink vouchers and will report back how that works.

We have been to Europe nearly every year since 1998, mostly independent land trips but also a TA and a Med cruise, and we're so excited to experience a little bit of that again on this ship. We LOVE the long, slow meals, the service that doesn't "hover" or intrude, the classical music, the gelato, the abundance of different languages, the pasta courses - in short, the civility.

We have 3 others cruising with us - my brother, who has to cruise solo and is over the moon about the terrific solo fare he got, and our best friends of 50 years on just their 2nd cruise.

It will be interesting to see how each of us views this new cruiseline to the US.

Let's just say I'm optimistic and full of anticipation. As I've always said, some of the happiest moments of my life are those when I'm walking onto a cruise ship!

Can't wait to hear your thoughts!

And amenities, comfort, and design flaws(?) that matter are different for everyone!

Cruiseguys has shown you that!

But norovirus, e-coli, etc. affects everyone, and the beautiful Divina has never had that problem!

Again I repeat myself, you bring nothing to the MSC forums but trouble making! You love the other ships, go to their forums!

As was repeated several times, we are not discussing personal preferences. This is out of scope.

It does not matter at all what I, you or someone else prefers.

We discuss ships, what they are and what they have to offer.

It's not your business to assess contribution of other posters and give instructions where and what to post.

No doubt noro is a terrible thing if it happens.

Cruiseguys2009.

I don't care what ship / cruise line it's on, I want to cruise with you! Ignore the doom Sayers, a cruise it's what YOU make it, and I would be thrilled to make a cruise experience with you.

As was repeated several times, we are not discussing personal preferences. This is out of scope.

It's not your business to assess contribution of other posters and give instructions where and what to post.

No you don't, you give opinions of ships you never sailed!

And as you have given opinions to others, others will give you opinions!

Just returned to Canada after a two week cruise. Will post a review later, but want to let those planning a cruise on the Divina know that she is a beautiful ship,with a great crew, and wonderful service. And I've six other cruise lines to compare her with-including Holland America :rolleyes:

Just returned to Canada after a two week cruise. Will post a review later, but want to let those planning a cruise on the Divina know that she is a beautiful ship,with a great crew, and wonderful service. And I've six other cruise lines to compare her with-including Holland America :rolleyes:

Thanx in advance.

2 question.

Do they allow kids on the aft pool deck?

Do they still charge for access to midship sun deck (Deck 18)?

Edited by cruisetrail

For some reason it won't let me book anything, including drink packages. I'm wondering if I need to pay in full before they will let me book. Ideas?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We booked our reservations prior to final payment. It's kind of tricky.

I can tell you what I did:

Now, if you are on a Group Booking, then this is not going to work as I instruct here. Please deal with your TA directly on any Specialty Services. Also, I don't know if the procedures are different for outside USA bookings.

Lets Proceed.

First, select from the "On Board Services" drop down box, "Specialty Dining Reservations". The the listing will come up of all the available restaurants throughout the MSC fleet. Now, the Divina has Eataly and no longer has the Tex Mex Restaurants, they switched them out for the American Market.

You should have three pages of Specialty Dining Options. Select one that has The MSC Divina on board, and click on "Book Now".

You should now see a form that you will input your Booking Number, first and last name, and ship/sail date.

Remember that you have to input the squiggly code and then the "Enter" button is right next to it, not underneath....it took me a dozen times before I realized I was clicking on "Can't read code?"

If nothing happens, then it needs to be unblocked from your Travel Agent if you are not on a group booking. It's a simple procedure they sometimes overlook, no worries. Travel Agents are amazing and I cannot live without them!

Once inside, all the available Options still available for your sailing will be listed. Excursions, Restaurants, Wine, Allegrissimo Packages, Bon Voyage Packages, Gifts, etc.

Click on "Specialty Restaurants".

Then all the available restaurants and select dining options will be listed and then start making your selections. Once you have made your selections, and fill out the information later, the system will give you a reservation that you have to confirm once on board with the Matre 'D prior to sail a way.

Click on "Book Now" and the instructions will lead you to adding who on your reservation will be accompanying you, etc.

Follow these instructions for each item, in each category, Drink Packages, Excursions in different Ports, Celebrations, On Board Amenities, and once you check out, it is confirmed.

But......

Once you have made all your selections, you check out and print, I said, please print the reservation form! It will have all your excursions, dining reservations etc listed and the cost.

Now, what I am going to do, is to take my list directly to Guest Relations once on board, as well as to the Matre 'D, to deliver proof of my confirmations.

This is the only real stickler that I have heard about with Guests not having all the information input into the on board MSC Divina computers correctly. But also, I have learned than most of the Guest Issues of this kind, are when TA's have not followed through and thought they booked the excursions, because the Guest was part of a Group Booking.

Now one other thing. If you are booked as a USA Group, then it will not work as I just instructed. You must have all the Specialty Items you need booked directly through your USA TA.

Have a Magnanimous voyage on The MSC Divina....and remember....

I understand completely and I wish I were sailing with you in two weeks instead of 7!

I wholeheartedly agree about cruising, as I too have sailed on almost every different cruise line at some point in my life. I am now 54 years old, and I have been cruising for 44 of my years! Sometimes budget lines, sometimes Ultra Lux lines in Owner's Suites and then there were the Queen's Suites. It all depended on my income variation at the particular time of my life.

I also know that the happiest times of my life have been spent aboard a cruise ship. All my momentous occasions have occurred while sailing since I was 10 years old, and I remember them all!

But guess what? I still have the childlike enthusiasm when I board a ship, any ship....and I still can't sleep the night before. I sincerely do want to "Have as much fun as I possibly can and take as many people with me can!"

I also am a severe "overpacker" I need a 12 step program for Overpacker's Anonymous! I have a suit case for my shoes! I am worse than a woman! Heck when I was in my mother's womb, I missed my calling!

But see, I always wear a Tuxedo on formal nights when on a ship, and could care less if anyone else does or does not, and could frankly, I don't care either way if someone wears Jeans in the MDR. Who gives a crap? That's on them and their vacation. My vacation is to enjoy spending an hour and a half getting ready for a beautiful formal night out with my Life Partner Jerome. It's the two or three nights of the year that we try to look incredible together. And by the way, it's being together at the end that really matters, right? It's not about anyone or anything else. I ENJOY dressing up, again, so who cares?

If the next table has shorts on, Who gives a Ship?

Now, as you know, our reviews are monumental and literally take the life out of the Cruise Critic monitors. When we start our reviews, the entire staff works overtime making sure I stay within the guidelines....Oh my goodness, what has JW said now, Oh my graciousness, JW is bordering on lunacy! I keep everyone busy, but also have over a half a million followers. I truly enjoy the interaction, and I hope everyone enjoys our enthusiasm for true experiences.

I mostly appreciate, honest, open and frank reviews from others on Cruise Critic, of PERSONAL experiences and unexpected developments, positive or not so positive. But also, if I have a less than positive experience, I always bring my challenges right to the forefront to the Guest Relations department on board the ship.

If my challenges are not successfully resolved, then "The Mouth Of The South" can be relentless. However, for the past 20 years, as my actual job is, as one can say, a real life "Guest Relations Guru",my challenges I have experienced have been ultimately taken care of to my satisfaction. It's all about my approach, my smile, my demeanor, my respect of someone in a service position and my professionalism that wins hearts and delivers uality expectations.

I also don't wait till I am off the ship, back onshore, letting my emotions fester on the highway or airplane home, to start venting about what went wrong and how unhappy I am, when I have not given the company the opportunity to make me happy at the moment a challenge occurred.

Cruising on vacation, well it's a journey, a life journey. Be Happy, Enjoy your Choices, and most of all, Have a Martini for me. Always toast with a Pinky Up!

Have a wonderful vacation, you have earned it! And remember....

Yes, facts are facts.

However...

Shall we stop cruising on Costa after Concordia disaster and a few other incidnts or on MSC - after their incidents?

I don't think so.

These are "knocking on wood" facts.

It's good to know but nothing to worry about.

Ships' amenities and comfort or design flaws are things that you will experience on the ship.

Running aground, collapsing ramps, noro outbreaks are things that unlikely will happen, and cruise lines take every measures to prevent it.

Cruiseguys2009.

I don't care what ship / cruise line it's on, I want to cruise with you! Ignore the doom Sayers, a cruise it's what YOU make it, and I would be thrilled to make a cruise experience with you.

You may get your wish! RCCL is itching to have us do The European Allure, on your sailing in 19 months...lets stay in touch....but all you have to do is toast a martini in the air with your pinky up and you are part of the International Positive Cruising Team!

Here goes!

You may get your wish! RCCL is itching to have us do The European Allure, on your sailing in 19 months...lets stay in touch....but all you have to do is toast a martini in the air with your pinky up and you are part of the International Positive Cruising Team!

Here goes!

In that case I'll start practicing my pinky toast! :D

Edited by papcx

Looking forward to your review!

Have a great trip!

My wife and I are lucky to be part of the 'trouble making opera drinkers' that Cruiseguys is leading on our cruise!:D

Remember, 'Pinky up'!:D

Looking forward to your review!

Hope the weather in Canada improves for you!:D

Bonvoyagemom,

This has been such a long winter here. We had a nice day yesterday with some melting, but what melted froze over.

We are on the August 9th sailing. We have 12 people in our group. Some of us plan to fly down the day before and stay at Intercontenital, so we can walk over to Bayside (like a mini Quincy Market).

Enjoy your vacation. It should be great.

Ellen

Here is another stair case on The Gorgeous MSC Divina, in the double decker Black Crab Main Dining Room. I just want to enter, calmly sashaying down the steps to someone singing "Hello Dolly"! That would be so much fun!

Black%20Crab_tcm12-34712.jpg

Bonvoyagemom,

This has been such a long winter here. We had a nice day yesterday with some melting, but what melted froze over.

We are on the August 9th sailing. We have 12 people in our group. Some of us plan to fly down the day before and stay at Intercontenital, so we can walk over to Bayside (like a mini Quincy Market).

Enjoy your vacation. It should be great.

Ellen

Looking forward to your review, have a great trip!