Divina extreme reviews, is it the Divina, or the Reviewers!

American Bear

Let Royal Caribbean help us get the defference.

RCCL was my first Cruise back in 1973 and I have fond memories of that cruise. Today however, like HAL, RCCL is always much more costly at the times we were looking at when we want to cruise. It has never been less that $500 more than CCL or NCL when compared. Therefore, MSC will be less as well. Of course some will say "you get what you pay for" but that is not always true. Sometimes you don't get what you pay for.

Would like to do RCCL more than HAL, as HAL has the reputation, deserved or not, of being the silver-centrum blue plate special crowd favorite line.

Neither has the faux luxury that MSC or NCL have. So if I want to be part of the 5%, with a true private enclave and not part of the masses, and I don't want a true luxury line, what would be the choice? NCL Haven or MSC YC? Both? Neither?

I will give Cruise tail one point as a ship design it is clear that the Divina has cabin, balcony issues.

If some one was looking forward to a balcony and got one of the Deck 13 aft juliette balconies it would be a huge dissapointment. To much balcony variation in many ways.

Not everyone, in fact not most, are likely to do a whole lot of research on cabins and so some surprises are likely to occur. Particually since MSC website is bereft of lots of Info.

Of course not doing research is your fault but still I bet many have issues with their balconies on MSC.

Encouraging!

We all hope you'll enjoy it on the Divina then.

I like this funny picture bacchanalia - the alcoholissimo package will add even more fun to it.

The atrium is nice as is the aft pool (we discussed it looooong ago - if MSC is willing to keep it in order - no kids). The aft pool is the only thing why I look at the Fantasia class, not at the Musica class.

The Divina actually looks awful in the picture above.

We see huge closed-in apartment building with awqward life boats destroying promenade deck and spoiling views from balconies. Note huge depressing overhang.

A "private sun deck" for fee is another thing you have not seen for 27 years.

This "research" is quite interesting.

Having started from "OMG it's beautiful", the "research" is now frightening for those considering this ship seriuously.

As always, the worst friends of cruise lines are their fans.

Thinly veiled insults and putdowns disguised as information, that are supposed to render one silent, are no match for This MARTINI QUEEN who always waves His Little Pinky at anyone's Neg-A-Tiv-A-Ty.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTMWP_e95OTzJ5xnSkJ1IOGWGNAJYmLFRovUwircxgSsJXI3XCs4A

Wave Your Pinky at NEG-A-TIV-A-TY!

Edited by cruiseguys2009

Whooooo Hooooo! DIVINA!

The Divina Is SO Gorgeous!

In Six Weeks She Is All Mine!

I Can't Wait To Set Sail On Her!

Gonna Make Her Shine!

Three Cheers To All Who Labor!

And To All Who Tow The Line!

God Bless All Those Who Make Her!

The Goddess Of Divine!

Divina, She's Where IT's AT!

Divina Has The Style!

When It Come To Being Happy!

All She Brings US Is A Smile!

Pay Attention All My Lovelies!

The Divina Is Tre Chic!

If You Want To Have A Blast!

Come Sail With Me in Our Week!

So Don't Be Upset!

Don't Be Alarmed!

Cruising is All That Matters!

And The MSC Divina Holds The Charm!

GOOOOOOOOOO DIVINA!

Love it!!!! Agree - where 's that like button when you need it ! Thanks for the big smile this morning.....guess that makes you a cheerleader! :-) Go Team MSC

As a matter of fact, I am going to enjoy my Cruise on The MSC Divina and no one can stop me.

It's just too bad that some people won't ever be with me as I live out my motto below. Frankly, I can have fun ANYWHERE and still TAKE AS MANY PEOPLE AS I CAN with me! The thousands of folks that have and continue to cruise with us, on any ship, are a testament to The Experience of the Life we Live!

I strive to always be the leader of the Conga Line of Fun, and That My Dear Friends, will never change!

430226_4426627918245_1298432179_n.jpg

The CDC keeps a record of disease outbreaks on ships and for all your complaints against MSC, and how poorly it matches up against HAL, here's some 'facts' for you,,,

It has been covered already..:D:)

I have no complaints about cruise ships.:)

CDC:

14av2o0.jpg

I will give Cruise tail one point as a ship design it is clear that the Divina has cabin, balcony issues.

If some one was looking forward to a balcony and got one of the Deck 13 aft juliette balconies it would be a huge dissapointment. To much balcony variation in many ways.

Not everyone, in fact not most, are likely to do a whole lot of research on cabins and so some surprises are likely to occur. Particually since MSC website is bereft of lots of Info.

Of course not doing research is your fault but still I bet many have issues with their balconies on MSC.

Thanks.

It's not me.

All points (bad and good) go to ships designers.:)

CDC:

14av2o0.jpg

A choice cruise on a ship with noro or. 100 percent score? I have cruised on ships with noro and is not a pleasant experience, it may not be important to you but to be it is a critical part of my criteria.

Also while I have enjoyed cruises on Carnival (the owner of Hal) after all the issues with engines I have not cruised with them since

RCCL was my first Cruise back in 1973 and I have fond memories of that cruise. Today however, like HAL, RCCL is always much more costly at the times we were looking at when we want to cruise. It has never been less that $500 more than CCL or NCL when compared. Therefore, MSC will be less as well. Of course some will say "you get what you pay for" but that is not always true. Sometimes you don't get what you pay for.

Would like to do RCCL more than HAL, as HAL has the reputation, deserved or not, of being the silver-centrum blue plate special crowd favorite line.

Neither has the faux luxury that MSC or NCL have. So if I want to be part of the 5%, with a true private enclave and not part of the masses, and I don't want a true luxury line, what would be the choice? NCL Haven or MSC YC? Both? Neither?

We don't cruise on cruise line names. We don't cruse on reputations.

We cruise on the ships that have certain qualities.

The YC is faux luxury because it's just an enclave. It's not the ship. It's something good within someting not as good.

First class on the ocean liners of the past was essentially the "whole ship".

As you mentoned HAL, which for me consists of two ships (the "reputation" of the rest of the fleet is not my concern), their concept is incomparably closer to "those" ocean liners because the whole ships are like YC. Not just an enclave, but the whole ship. :)

Edited by cruisetrail

I am so looking forward to sitting here in this gorgeous atrium with a Martini in My Hand with MY PINKY UP, Listening to a wonderful Piano Player and having a perfectly MARVELOUS TIME, along with all the great people that are traveling with us, some we know and some we have yet to meet, JUST BECAUSE we are sailing on The Divina! Doesn't matter what ship we sail on, the Conga Line of Fun follows us everywhere we go! Too Bad for some, that the ship's details gets in their way of all that fun. Personally, I could care less about those details, I am in it for the good times!

I am on a cruise and that is all that matters and no one can take that away from me....EVAH!

And For Jerome and Myself, it happens to be on The Beautiful MSC DIVINA!

1584629.jpg

Wave Your Pinky At NEG-A-TIV-A-TY!

Edited by cruiseguys2009

A choice cruise on a ship with noro or. 100 percent score? I have cruised on ships with noro and is not a pleasant experience, it may not be important to you but to be it is a critical part of my criteria.

Also while I have enjoyed cruises on Carnival (the owner of Hal) after all the issues with engines I have not cruised with them since

I choose the best ship that best fits my budget, vacation time and place where I want to spend it.

My concern is good weather, not noro, not CDC score. :)

CDC score was posted merely as a response to trolling.

Edited by cruisetrail

I am so looking forward to sitting here in this gorgeous atrium with a Martini in My Hand with MY PINKY UP, Listening to a wonderful Piano Player and having a perfectly MARVELOUS TIME, along with all the great people that are traveling with us, some we know and some we have yet to meet, JUST BECAUSE we are sailing on The Divina! Doesn't matter what ship we sail on, the Conga Line of Fun follows us everywhere we go! Too Bad for some, that the ship's details gets in their way of all that fun. Personally, I could care less about those details, I am in it for the good times!

I am on a cruise and that is all that matters and no one can take that away from me....EVAH!

And For Jerome and Myself, it happens to be on The Beautiful MSC DIVINA!

1584629.jpg

I like the 2 violinist they had during formal night, it reminded me so much of the Titanic movie.

Edited by Bosjoe

CDC:

14av2o0.jpg

One ship's recent performance record does not make a cruise line!

40 incidents in 10 years on HAL, none on MSC, none on the Divina!

You're the one here trolling with negative remarks against the Divina, a ship you've never cruised on!

Edited by Russian Bear

I like the 2 violinist they had during formal night, it reminded me so much of the Titanic movie.

Oh my gosh Joe, I just saw in your timeline that you booked another cruise on The MSC Divina! Wow! You are sailing again on September 27th, of this year. Twice in a year! WHAT WILL PEOPLE THINK? Heavens! You are sailing on the Divina a second time? But what about all these horror stories from some people on this thread that have never, ever sailed on her, and won't ever either? Plus, they probably feel so frustrated as they can't dissuade you!

I have never been on The Divina either, but I am looking forward to booking another sailing on her sight unseen! If there is this much meanness and inconsequential banter, then it has to be an incredible ship! I am thrilled to see another satisfied returning guest. Since we have sailed before, I am going to have to look into that sailing. It would be fun for Jerome and I to cruise with you again.

Edited by cruiseguys2009

Cruiseguy, If you liven up a ship like you do this board, I can't wait to sail with ya!!

One question, I have tried to find, with no luck, the info about the specialty restaurant that only does the 24 seatings a night, can you provide me a link or a little more help finding how to make a reservation for my Oct 4 cruise on the MSC DIVINA.

Thanks

Cruiseguy, If you liven up a ship like you do this board, I can't wait to sail with ya!!

One question, I have tried to find, with no luck, the info about the specialty restaurant that only does the 24 seatings a night, can you provide me a link or a little more help finding how to make a reservation for my Oct 4 cruise on the MSC DIVINA.

Thanks

Yes, we currently have reservations in Ristorante Italia for our May 3rd sailing.

There are two different Eataly concepts under Restaurant Reservations on the MSC Site. Once you have a booking number, and have logged in, click on Specialty Dining Reservations and the first is Eataly Experience Adult and Child. That is the new Steakhouse.

The Chef Tasting Restaurant that seats 24 is Etaly's Ristorante Italia Experience. That menu changes every single day, so it's a gastronomic surprise each night, and you get to meet the Executive Chef who personally prepares and oversees the service during the dinner. It's a 5 course champagne celebration. This is spectacular and we are so looking forward to dining here.

Oh, and one more thing. MSC does not require the reservations to be paid for it upfront, and as a matter of fact, we personally want the spending dollar points credit for our MSC Club. If we were to pay upfront, it would not count as "Spending On Board Points" towards our next goal in the Club. It will be charged to our on board account, once we dine in the restaurant, then we get the credit points towards our goal. Also, there is no specific day to choose when to eat in any of the restaurants. That is arranged with the Matre 'D, once we have arrived on board the Divina, the old fashioned classic and classy way. Face to face. I love the personal touch with this procedure. Makes me feel extra special!

One note, if the restaurant choice is not coming up under Specialty Dining, then it is already sold out for pre-reservations, but I understand the Divina holds a couple of seats each night that can be booked once on board. It was to be their little secret enclave but with me on board, fondly known as "The Mouth Of The South!", it's not going to be for much longer!

Have a spectacular cruise and remember:

Edited by cruiseguys2009

Cruiseguys2009,

Do you have pricing on the specialty restaurant packages?

Are you doing a western or eastern caribbean cruise? We are interested in what night they do baked alaska in the dining room so that we can plan our specialty dining nights.

Thank you again for all the pictures of the ship. Last night, I showed them to some of friends that I will be cruising with.

Ellen

I don't care about cruise lines. I don't follow (have no interest) CDC statistics so I cannot comment on that.

Sorry, I cannot help you with this.

No comments, no help needed, the facts speak for themselves!

HAL 40 disease incidents in 10 years, MSC '0'!

(And yes the Nieuw Amsterdam was listed!)

'PinKy up' on the disease free, beautiful Divina!

Cruiseguys2009,

Do you have pricing on the specialty restaurant packages?

Are you doing a western or eastern caribbean cruise? We are interested in what night they do baked alaska in the dining room so that we can plan our specialty dining nights.

Thank you again for all the pictures of the ship. Last night, I showed them to some of friends that I will be cruising with.

Ellen

According to our reservations for the May 3rd, 2014 Sailing of The Divina, Here is what we chose for Specialty Dining Packages:

Eataly's "Ristorante Italia" Experience (Chef Tasting 5 Course Italian): $29.00 per person, Plus 15% Gratuity

Galaxy Experience "Menu Galaxy" (7 Courses with 7 Wine Parings): $50.00 per person, Plus 15% Gratuity

Eataly Experience (Steak House): $24.00 per person, Plus 15% Gratuity

Also available are two other lower options for the Galaxy Experience. A Regular Off-the-Menu Dining Price(pick one from each course) and a paired down Experience with just 1 Appetizer, 1 Entree and Dessert.

There is also a day time luncheon called The "Galaxy Grand Buffet" Experience, and that has been compared to the old fashioned "Midnight Buffet's" of cruising yesteryear, but it's in the daytime! I believe that is around $20 per person. We thought about doing this as well, but with the MDR open for lunch every day, whether in port or not, and with the substantial buffet already ongoing a few decks below, we are foregoing this option.

Once you have a booking number, click on "Specialty Dining" Reservations, then input your reservation information and all the available options will be there for you to see, along with current pricing. Now if an option that I may have mentioned here, is not on your listing, then that particular option is sold out for Pre-Reservations. Don't worry, it may still be able for purchase once on board, as there are most certainly cancellations and changes.

We are on the May 3rd, 2014 Eastern Sailing and Baked Alaska is served on one of the Gala Nights according to the You Tube Videos I have seen on The Divina. And that is something else I am looking forward to! Love that little touch of remembering Classic Cruising from years past.

Have a gorgeous cruise on the Magnificent MSC Divina!

And Remember:

Wave your Pinky at NEG-A-TIV-A-TY!

Edited by cruiseguys2009

Cruiseguys2009,

Thank you so much for the info. I will have to get my reservation number out and look up availability.

We are also doing the eastern caribbean route so I will look forward to your review.

Do you have excursions planned for San Juan or St. Maarten. We have vacationed twice in San Juan but don't think we have time to do our favorite snorkeling tour from the east end of the island.

We will probably do a snorkeling tour or beach in Saint Maarten.

Ellen

No comments, no help needed, the facts speak for themselves!

HAL 40 disease incidents in 10 years, MSC '0'!

(And yes the Nieuw Amsterdam was listed!)

'PinKy up' on the disease free, beautiful Divina!

Yes, facts are facts.

However...

Shall we stop cruising on Costa after Concordia disaster and a few other incidnts or on MSC - after their incidents?

I don't think so.

These are "knocking on wood" facts.

It's good to know but nothing to worry about.

Ships' amenities and comfort or design flaws are things that you will experience on the ship.

Running aground, collapsing ramps, noro outbreaks are things that unlikely will happen, and cruise lines take every measures to prevent it.

Edited by cruisetrail

Cruiseguys2009,

The Divina pictures look incredible! Will you be doing a review after your cruise in May?

We had planned to go on Royal Caribbean, but I am a solo traveler and they changed their single supplement policy and their prices were crazy in August. I have a balcony for less than an inside on Royal. The couples and the family also made out much better.

We are excited to try the Divina especially after this snowy and frigid weather in Massachusetts this winter.

Ellen

Ellen-

Are you on the Aug 2nd sailing? We live in NH and are thinking the same thing you are about the winter! We booked 2 staterooms for my in-laws and my family that were amazing prices. I can't wait to sail!

Edited by Bonvoyagemom
Missed info