Divina extreme reviews, is it the Divina, or the Reviewers!

American Bear

As if Gelato and Italian Pastries are not enough, then add home made Pizza at 4 in the morning....I just fell over backwards when I found out about this place! It's an Italian Candy Store! I Love Mentos! Where is this incredible Candy Land? Well it's onboard the fantabulous

MSC Divina!

ship-review---msc-divina-5.jpg

Oh Boy, yes I know there are no folks up here yet, but this is another non-marketing photo taken by a CC member two weeks ago, and this is the "Top 18 Deck Club" for regular passengers, not The Yacht Club! This is the Private Deck you pay $10 a day or $50 for the week for! Count me in, I am so there. No children, a private little oasis pool, a bar and no wind because the deck is protected all the way around. Hundreds pay $60 bucks for a week in the South Beach Club on the EPIC and that doesn't have a water feature, this does. Bliss, pure bliss to me! I LOVE IT! AND I CAN'T WAIT TO PAY FOR IT, BECAUSE I WANT TO and no one can take that away from me. Why? Because I am sailing on

The Divina!

MSC-Divina-4134.JPG

JW AND JEROME, save a couple seats for Angela and Bob, cause we'll be on that same beautiful ship with you, party on!!:D

A picture is worth a thousand words, but somebody's thousand word rants give me a headache.

That.

Is brilliant.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

How can you make a comparison of a ship/ cruise line you have never sailed? I CANNOT comment on Costa because I have never sailed Costa..I have never sailed MSC- yet...I plan to soon..do you really think your comparison of say, Royal Caribbean vs. Princess is VALID if you've never sailed either? Of course, it's not...researching on CC or reading reviews IS NOT the same as going on the ship itself..people have different opinions, experiences, and takes on every cruise..I.E.,we kept reading about great HAL was..the food, the service, the elegance,etc...WRONG- we thought the food in the MDR on HAL was mediocre AT BEST..service nothing great...shows below average..average age was death ( at least 25 years older than us, and were early 50's in 2005..)...so you see, what you READ is not always what you get..30 cruises and 13 years on CC has taught me that...

IMHO, we are discussing TWO different things, a comparison and a review.

BEFORE sailing, the information I find as useful comparisons are concrete facts, not subjective opinion. (i.e.) size of ship, cabin, space ratio, amenities, cabin location, price, etc.

Reviews generally contain both facts and opinions. Personal opinions on service, food, the spa, shows, etc, are extremely subjective based on individual experiences, expectations and preferences. As you have indicated, one person's experience can be totally opposite that of another's.

I found Cruisetrail's comparison "story" quite helpful wrt to it's detailed factual content and tend to treat anything subjective with a grain of salt. I will be sailing on Divina next week and refuse to sail on a sour note, lol.

Like...NO, I am not getting into the Infinity Pool to ride one of these.....I AM NOT INTERESTED IN LOSING WEIGHT. I LOVE MY BACON. I want some of that fabulous BACON THAT KEVIN THE BACONHATER is talking about! I love my bacon chewy and goowey! Oh yes! Goooooweeeey. But, Horrors, if it's not Crispy Wispy like Jerome Likes, he just asks for crispy whispy and he gets what ever he wants. Jerome always asks with a smile and Jerome gets what ever he wants when ever he wants where ever he wants. Jerome is a patient soul and nothing will ruin his cruise vacation. No hater can change our minds... especially talking trash.....Hater's gotta Hate. They don't know any better. But all we do is LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE....................

THE MSC DIVINE DIVINA!!!!!!!!!!!

MSC-Divina-4109.JPG

Look how Glorious The Divina Looks in Port! Yesireebob, My Research is definitely looking marvelous! So far, we are eating at all the Specialty Restaurants, Have the Allegrissimo, what I call the Allwecandrinkissmo Beverage/Gelato/Pastry/Wine/Mini Bar/Room Service and just about everything else Package.....then add the Private Sun Deck Hooo Ha!....Heck I am a HOG for knowledge....Oink Oink Oink!

msc-divina-msc-cruises-pic6992.jpg

How could anyone be a Hater of The MSC Divina when it is the only cruise line left in the whole wide world that still does the traditional Flaming Baked Alaska Parade! I have not seen this in over 27 years! It is a wonderful tradition that has been brought back. Maybe because it did not contain bacon, the BaconHater did not like it....But then again, This is on

The MSC DIVINA!

http://www.holidaycheck.it/data/urlaubsbilder/mittel/0/1163654557.jpg

Look how Glorious The Divina Looks in Port! Yesireebob, My Research is definitely looking marvelous! So far, we are eating at all the Specialty Restaurants, Have the Allegrissimo, what I call the Allwecandrinkissmo Beverage/Gelato/Pastry/Wine/Mini Bar/Room Service and just about everything else Package.....then add the Private Sun Deck Hooo Ha!....Heck I am a HOG for knowledge....Oink Oink Oink!

I like this funny picture bacchanalia - the alcoholissimo package will add even more fun to it.

The atrium is nice as is the aft pool (we discussed it looooong ago - if MSC is willing to keep it in order - no kids). The aft pool is the only thing why I look at the Fantasia class, not at the Musica class.

The Divina actually looks awful in the picture above.

We see huge closed-in apartment building with awqward life boats destroying promenade deck and spoiling views from balconies. Note huge depressing overhang.

A "private sun deck" for fee :eek: is another thing you have not seen for 27 years. :D

This "research" is quite interesting.

Having started from "OMG it's beautiful", the "research" is now frightening for those considering this ship seriuously.

As always, the worst friends of cruise lines are their fans.:)

I like this funny picture bacchanalia - the alcoholissimo package will add even more fun to it.

The atrium is nice as is the aft pool (we discussed it looooong ago - if MSC is willing to keep it in order - no kids). The aft pool is the only thing why I look at the Fantasia class, not at the Musica class.

We see huge closed-in apartment building with awqward life boats destroying promenade deck and spoiling views from balconies. Note huge depressing overhang.

A "private sun deck" for fee :eek: is another thing you have not seen for 27 years. :D

Having started from "OMG it's beautiful", the "research" is now frightening for those considering this ship seriuously.

Yeah. We've all noted the "huge depressing overhang" on this board.....

Your research is making me smile a lot. Your enthusiasm is infectious. I'm sure you will have a fabulous time. You sound the kind of guys that always do.

Just loving coming to this thread. There will be someone ranting about something and then I'll find a series of your posts and all is good and sunny again!

Thank you!

Although I think the flood of photos is brilliant (and shows the Divina in a brilliant light) you all need to realise it's all troll food!

You won't win with certain individuals, and you'll just end up getting reminders from the mods about the boards community guide lines.

On a personal note please stop quoting, as I then get to see the posts by certain individuals.

Anyhoo. Looking forward to experiencing MSC again (actually experiencing, as in going in one of their ships and sailing from one place to another, being served the food, drinking the drinks, using the pool etc) in 14 days, and meeting some of you folk.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Classic!

I'm so looking forward to meeting you and Mr Moo in less than 2 weeks!

It's going to be so great! I'm getting a teensy bit giddy now that I'm actually trying to pack and get paperwork in order.

Has anyone noticed that the people who cruise the most act like they're taking the last cruise of their lives and it must be analyzed and researched to death so they don't make a HUGE mistake that will completely RUIN EVERYTHING. Relax, it's obviously not your last cruise and the people you're "trying to help" or inform on these boards are not going to perish for not taking your incredibly sage advice. Everyone take a deep breath. Really, this is not a matter of life and death. Have FUN.

Look how Glorious The Divina Looks in Port! Yesireebob, My Research is definitely looking marvelous!

The research is marvelous indeed. :)

But Glorious cruise ships look different.

Let Royal Caribbean help us get the defference.

The Liberty of the Seas (Right) has beautiful wrap-around promenade deck, unobstructed balconies and no overhang.

Msc Divina: no promenade deck, obsructed balconies, huge overhang.

9iqxbc.jpg

MSC Splendida

2rvya8l.jpg

Edited by cruisetrail

What really frightening is how you omit important research!

The CDC keeps a record of disease outbreaks on ships and for all your complaints against MSC, and how poorly it matches up against HAL, here's some 'facts' for you,,,

The last 10 years the CDC reports,,

HAL has had the most disease outbreaks of all cruise lines, '40'!

MSC has had '0'!

Even Carnival only had '9'!

Now who doesn't love a 'clean', 'disease free' ship?!

I have cruised HAL, I will again, because the research you push so hard, is incomplete without cruising on a ship, and can easily be skewered to favor a particular position, a position of putting down a ship you've never been on!