Fettuccine Alfredo- Royal

hehny

Just off Royal Eastern Caribbean out of of FTL last month and this made me laugh--

Fettuccine Alfredo, a princess anytime signature, was listed as available for app or entree. I was in a party of 10. Some ordered the app portion, others the entree. Both portions came as the same size

The entree pax, thinking there was a problem, politely reminded the waiter this was an entree. The waiter confessed it didn't matter, the portions were the same size. We rotated waiters and sure enough- same size no matter what portion was ordered.

For the record, I was told the fettuccine was delicious ;)

Edited by hehny

Just off Royal Eastern Caribbean out of of FTL last month and this made me laugh--

Fettuccine Alfredo, a princess anytime signature, was listed as available for app or entree. I was in a party of 10. Some ordered the app portion, others the entree. Both portions came as the same size

The entree pax, thinking there was a problem, politely reminded the waiter this was an entree. The waiter confessed it didn't matter, the portions were the same size. We rotated waiters and sure enough- same size no matter what portion was ordered.

For the record, I was told the fettuccine was delicious ;)

If my memory serves, when I've ordered it as a main dish (including on the Royal in December) it comes in a parmesan bowl (obviously edible) while when ordered as an appetizer it doesn't. Did any of the portions include the parmesan bowl?

And I agree, it is delicious (either way).

Edited by capriccio

If my memory serves, when I've ordered it as a main dish (including on the Royal in December) it comes in a parmesan bowl (obviously edible) while when ordered as an appetizer it doesn't. Did any of the portions include the parmesan bowl?

Ahh, you just solved a question we had! Some entrees came with the bowl and others didn't making us very confused. It wasn't a deal breaker, we loved our time. We just thought it was funny. So thanks for the clarification (though I wonder what happened to the other bowls?)

And yes, some of us did order two!!

I do not care for the Parmesan bowl- to me it dries out the pasta. I always ask for a dinner size portion with no bowl and always get a larger portion. It helps if you have a good waiter too!

Glad you posted this. I don't like the Parmesan bowl either so do always order mine without. :)

LuLu

~~~

I'm getting ready to sail on the Coral. I'll try to notice if the serve it differently when ordered as an appetizer vs an entree. It's the only time I eat fettuccine. No where else compares.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

On our upcoming cruise I'll definitely come and try some. Does Princess still have the short ribs as their signature dish or in the buffet. We haven't sailed with them for many years.

Embarcation lunch on royal -- appetizer is server in parmasan bowl.

When our son was little on his first cruise he had Fettucini everynight. After the third night our waiter when he got to him he said "and you sir will have the fettucini" lol. We went to the cooking demo and that was one of the things they cooked so we were able to get the recipe. I still make it but not very often because it has a zillion calories.

I had it twice on the Royal. Once as a app and another time as a main course. The main course does come in a parmesan bowl which is great but a bit greasy. Either way it is the same dish but as a entrée it is bigger then as a app. Delish no matter what.