Possible Return PG Table Side Caesar Salad on MS Zuiderdam

aliaschief

Just heard from my SIL who disembarked the Zuiderdam last week.

The Pinnacle Grill Manager told them the table side made Caesar Salad would be making a come back on this week's cruise.

Hope this is true and will be the case Fleet Wide.

Just off the Volendam - we had one dinner in the Pinnacle, and my SIL and her hubby ordered the Steak Diane (no new menu yet). It looked awful. The steak was just two dry bits of grilled tenderloin, and the "Diane" was served on the side in a gravy boat. They had never had it before, and said it was delicious, but the appearance certainly left something to be desired. However, at another table, they flambeed the Pinnacle Baked Alaska. Go figure!

The Pinnacle Grill Manager told them the table side made Caesar Salad would be making a come back on this week's cruise.

I hope that is the case - on our recent Maasdam and Noordam experiences in the PG the Caesar Salad was a couple of stalks of romain in a baked cheese bowl with a little bit of dressing. Almost impossible to eat without making a mess.

I thought whatever Federal agency that decides what ships can or cannot do was the reason behind the cancelling of the tableside offerings in the Pinnacle?

I thought whatever Federal agency that decides what ships can or cannot do was the reason behind the cancelling of the tableside offerings in the Pinnacle?

That is what one PG Manager told us. As said before, always easier to place the blame on another agency.

That is Good News.

We'll all be eager for that to happen. :)

It seems possible they received a number of comments about their deconstructed version of caesar salad. :)

The return of the wonderful table-side Caesar Salad would cause me to book a couple more Pinnacle dinners on our upcoming cruise. ;) :D It is my favorite thing about the Pinnacle!

The new "Caesar Salad" sounded dreadful as experienced by friends on recent cruises....... :eek:

Fingers crossed! :D:D

Edited by localady

New PG menu was much talked about on the Zuiderdam last week. Most opinions were that with the change in Caesar salad and no Lobster offerings, it was not the dining experience people were looking forward to. Personally the food was too good in the MDR for us to pay extra again for the PG dinner food. DH's rib-eye looked awful. He said it was edible - but that's all. My filet had the same taste as those I buy at my local grocery store. Nothing special at all about dinner.

Edited by Linda&Vern