Summit carpet needs replacing..Dry Dock?

wolfatlga

One of the odd things we found on the Summit was the worn out carpet thru out the ship.

We had such a nice cruise that we booked the Sky Suite next to ours for March of 2015.

Does anyone know when the Summit will be dry docked or replacing the carpet.

I understood there is a new suite restaurant being added, so we were hoping the carpet might get done also.

The Summit just got a whole makeover a couple of years ago so I'm thinking it won't be going to dry dock anytime soon. Maybe I'm wrong, but haven't heard anything about this happening.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi Beth,:) where did you hear that? Just curious.

Hi Lois,

My best friend "Google" keeps me up to date on just about anything!! :D Here's the link:

http://cruises.reviewed.com/features/cruise-ship-renovations-the-complete-schedule.htm

They seem to be pretty accurate, although the new matrix shows the Century for March, 2014 (incorrect) but they originally showed it for Feb. 2014 (which was correct.) :confused:

Edited by gimletgal

Next dry dock for the Summit is reportedly scheduled for February, 2015.

Just wanted to know what happens to the booked cruises if the ship goes into drydock. There are 8 of us leaving on the 28th of Feb. 2015 and would hate to think the cruise would get cancelled.

Next dry dock for the Summit is reportedly scheduled for February, 2015.

Funny, where did you hear that? All January and February sailings 2015 are still available for sail and some have already had serious price increases so they must be selling well.

PS My last two Sheraton stays and the last Hilton had much more serious carpet issues than I saw on the Summit. JMHO

Edited by monicajay

I have never seen that before. I am not going to say it is not accurate

but I won't say it is accurate either;).....yes, Century only ended up

going in for a week's drydock and so they never updated their website.

Newly retired, did you book through a Travel Agent? If so, they would

be the ones who should be keeping you informed. I would say at this

time.....March 2014,there is no way to know absolutely for sure if she

will be in drydock next Feb.

We were just on Summit in early February and never noticed a problem with the carpets. Then again, I wasn't looking for problems and so may not have noticed them. For what it's worth, then, any problems with the carpets are not obvious, at least not where we were.

You say the carpet was worn throughout the ship. Do you recall any specific place where it was worse than other places? We were on board for 2 weeks in January & did not notice any worn carpet. Perhaps I should look down more.

Not sure about the dry dock, but if it is in February of 2015, it would be nice for them to stop selling some February sailings. Every week in February is still being sold.

Edited by richsea

Just wanted to know what happens to the booked cruises if the ship goes into drydock. There are 8 of us leaving on the 28th of Feb. 2015 and would hate to think the cruise would get cancelled.

There are 8 of us booked for February 21, 2015. I hope Celebrity will let us know if our week is cancelled before we book airfare!!

As a general rule, Celebrity vessels undergo dry-dock maintenance every 3 years.

This is technical dry-dock, but refurbishments will also normally take place depending of the allocated time.

Carpet is renewed on a regular basis at sea, often overnight.

Soft goods such as carpets, upholstery, fabrics, are replaced while the ship is in operation.

Maintenance dry docks which occur approximately every three years are right around a week long and are reserved primarily for work that cannot be done while the ship in in operations. Things below the water line.

Yes they will do other repairs on board while the ship is in dry dock, but they won't wait to replace soft good for the dry dock.

While on the Galaxy years ago, I saw roll after roll of carpeting on board that was there for replacing carpeting during sailing as the ship had no scheduled dry dock. I saw a similar pile while on Century last month.

I am just off Summit after a B2B and I have to say in my opinion that it looked fine. I didn't really notice worn carpets, but can't say I was really looking either. I was thrilled to be somewhere warm after the bitter cold winter.

My DH loved all the wood and we both thought the ship looked great.