Bon Voyage packetau!!

Thanks for update Joanne and Garry.

Bet you are appreciating your room with a view in Paris.

Hope you have good weather for your river cruise, so you can spend most of your time on the ship up on the top deck.

Some Photos of their travels in England are now on their website.

Edited by MMDown Under

Bon Voyage for your river cruise from Amsterdam to Budapest, with Avalon.

We look forward to reading of your experiences with Avalon, both below and above stairs.

Love your photos of my favourite parts of England.

Bon Voyage for your river cruise from Amsterdam to Budapest, with Avalon.

We look forward to reading of your experiences with Avalon, both below and above stairs.

Love your photos of my favourite parts of England.

It is funnyhow coincidences arise but jjust today my wife asked if I was interested in doing a river cruise in 2016. Naturally I said 'sure'.:D

It will be good to see a review and know what is in store with a below water level vs balcony cabin.:D

Hi all well the day has arrived embark on yet another adventure.......when I blog I hope to do an in depth one to answer questions that I could not find answers too on the net. yes I am excited as it is 6.30 in the morning and I can't go back to sleep....... boarding is at 3.30.... but I am not sure what happens if you turn up early....

Sent from my SM-P600 using Forums mobile app

Hi all well the day has arrived embark on yet another adventure.......when I blog I hope to do an in depth one to answer questions that I could not find answers too on the net. yes I am excited as it is 6.30 in the morning and I can't go back to sleep....... boarding is at 3.30.... but I am not sure what happens if you turn up early....

Hope you have a fantastic adventure.:D

Yes, that would be a shame. I am sure that they (the cruise company) would have a contingency plan.:D

Yes ... I believe the boats stay put and they bus you from one boat to the next.

Hard to know whats going on over there as river levels are low in one area and massive flooding further over.

Yes ... I believe the boats stay put and they bus you from one boat to the next.

Hard to know whats going on over there as river levels are low in one area and massive flooding further over.

Yes, the water levels are strange this year, as I was reading an article which said the Danube water levels were low, yet a few weeks back they were high.

Yes, that is one option, when they have a number of boats in the right place on the river at the same time. However, I have read of others where the passengers just spent all their time on long bus trips (Evergreen/Scenic from memory, but that was because of flooding).

Yes, the water levels are strange this year, as I was reading an article which said the Danube water levels were low, yet a few weeks back they were high.

Yes, that is one option, when they have a number of boats in the right place on the river at the same time. However, I have read of others where the passengers just spent all their time on long bus trips (Evergreen/Scenic from memory, but that was because of flooding).

Interesting, I don't think I would like to sleep in a different boat every night and bus between them. You may as well do a bus tour and stay in the hotels. The whole advantage of cruising is unpacking once.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

Well gang we are waiting for an important announcement ....... We are now on the danube...... eek

Phew we are only missing half day at regensburg but staying on the ship...... levels has risen a little

Phew we are only missing half day at regensburg but staying on the ship...... levels has risen a little

Well that's great news. It would be sooooo disappointing to do some of the trip on a bus. Eagerly awaiting to hear about it:D

• 2 weeks later...

All good things come to an end, including this incredible itinerary.

Hope you enjoyed your river cruise and your visit to London. We are looking forward to hearing all about it, once you have time to get over jet lag.

Hope you have a great flight home. Don't forget to mention that it is your birthday, Garry, and you might get special attention from the flight crew!

• 2 weeks later...

I am so sorry everyone but I am safe and well...

The blog has stalled for the moment but it will be up dated soon... since getting home it has been hectic . I know that I am way behind but all the trip will be covered...

I would have to say once we started the predominately land content of the trip finding time to sit and write became harder.. you could say that from the time we hit England ( approx. the last 6 weeks ) we had no sea days so to speak...

we were on the go everyday and by the time we got "Home" it was to bed...

I have nearly finished writing about our day in Bath and then we were off to Paris for 6 days... that was tiring and I have never walked so much in such a short period of time...

The river cruise was fantastic... certainly different to ocean cruising and I can't wait to write about that....

I will also go back and add pictures to those ports that miss out during our down time with the internet and from what I read on the dawn princess it seems to be across the board...

don't give up on me....

Joanne

ps since we have been back garry has also been finishing up some of the video's from our 90 day cruise last year and has been putting them up on vimeo.... he will take a break then start to sift through the 400 gig he took over the last 4 months....

Thanks for letting us know all is ok:) I have also been following your blog and look forward to reading some more, when you are rested and have the time to enjoy doing it.

Thanks again Joanne, it takes a fair bit of time and energy writing while travelling, much appreciated.

What an amazing adventure!!

Chez

xx

Welcome Home.

After all your adventures , its time to put your feet up and relax before jumping back into the swing of things.

Thank you for all your reports. Looking forward to more once you have settled back into the routine of a " normal life". :D:D