Princess Prices in Europe 2015

silver wedding

Having looked at Princesses Cruises and prices I think I'll be taking my business elsewhere. Even as an elite and all my goodies their prices are to high.

We know that....but these prices are ridiculous. We will also be looking elsewhere for next year unless Princess bring them down pretty quick.

Just curious, is it possible that the UK website prices are substantially higher than the ones found on the US website?

:confused: How long before we can expect before prices drop? If we book now, do we automatically get the cheaper price when they go on sale?

It may never go down and actually go up.

Due to the fact that Princess consistantly sells out their cruises it would be a good idea to book as soon as possible.

No you do not get an automatic refund. If you book through a TA then the TA should assist in getting a possible refund. Sometimes it works sometimes it does not. Some fares are for new bookings only. May also depend on if its before or after final payment.

Whether you book through a TA or Princess directly its always a good idea to keep an eye on the fares as the cruise approaches.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Having looked at Princesses Cruises and prices I think I'll be taking my business elsewhere. Even as an elite and all my goodies their prices are to high.

Who are you thinking of sailing with instead? Just curious. I love Princess but I am beginning to look at the all inclusive lines a bit closer. I don't like the nasty bill at the end of the trip.

We have been keeping an eye on the prices for summer 2014 for Baltic and they haven't moved lower. We are retired and flexible, and aren't picky about cabins, and none of the offerings on the ships have come down much. Last year we did the Med. On the Royal and prices came down about two to three months prior to sailing. But, at that point air is higher and less availability.

Yes, far too high for us. We have sailed with Celebrity the last two times and will again this year. Thought we would return to Princess for 2015 as the Eclipse is doing the same cruises we have experienced before. We used to sail Princess but found Celebrity prices to be far more realistic. Now Princess is completely out of our league.

Will wait and see what becomes available on other lines nearer the time. If not then we reluctantly go back to land based holidays.

Yes, far too high for us. We have sailed with Celebrity the last two times and will again this year. Thought we would return to Princess for 2015 as the Eclipse is doing the same cruises we have experienced before. We used to sail Princess but found Celebrity prices to be far more realistic. Now Princess is completely out of our league.

Will wait and see what becomes available on other lines nearer the time. If not then we reluctantly go back to land based holidays.

Celebrity's prices came out today for past guests so you should be able to get a quote and compare.

For the information of anybody who isn't aware - just announced over here.

A free drinks package is being offered (in the UK at least) for roundtrip sailings from Southampton on Caribbean Princess for 2015 if booked before 30th June 2014.

I've posted this elsewhere, unaware of this thread.

I had a quick look at these cruise deals and first (brief) impressions were that the "free" drinks are included upfront in cabin prices - and that other lines are doing comparable itineraries significantly cheaper.

That would have to be investigated in more depth to confirm.

Edited by WeeCountyMan

Celebrity's prices came out today for past guests so you should be able to get a quote and compare.

I received an email from Celebrity with new 2015 itineraries but no pricing for 2015 on their website.

I also checked the itineraries and pricing for Princess 2015 itineraries and yes, they do seem very high. Also checked a few of their itineraries for the Med on the Emerald and some show almost sold out already. Can this be or are they sold due to large groups etc? They were the 7 day cruises but am also going to check the 10-12 day cruises.

I just looked at the pricing for British Isles next year. Wow those prices are incredibly high. And with the Royal doing that itinerary there is no opportunity for an ocean view cabin. Don't think we want to go with an inside. Certainly hope the prices drop significantly.

I agree with everyone that Princess prices are very high, even with the discount that our TA can get for us. We are almost elite with Princess but decided to venture out and try other cruise lines because of the prices. We are booked on a 22-day Med cruise with HAL in May that is far less than other cruise line prices. We also check the Celebrity Tuesday Specials. I really like Princess but prices and itinerary are now more our focus and we will now shop around for our cruise vacations. I still want to try one of the new Princess ships, Royal or Regal, but will wait until prices come down, if they do.

Princess prices will come down. We bookes a cruise in 2013 and the price came down by over £1500 per person. We booked early to get the cabin we wanted, have just booked today for sailing in 2015 June to the Baltic. The inclusive drink package is really good all coffee, tea, gelato, chocolate, mock tails, soft drinks, cocktails etc up to $10 per drink plus 40% off bottles of wine. I do agree though the prices at the moment are high for 2015 but the prices for this year are over £500 less than last year,

Princess prices will come down. We bookes a cruise in 2013 and the price came down by over £1500 per person. We booked early to get the cabin we wanted, have just booked today for sailing in 2015 June to the Baltic. The inclusive drink package is really good all coffee, tea, gelato, chocolate, mock tails, soft drinks, cocktails etc up to $10 per drink plus 40% off bottles of wine. I do agree though the prices at the moment are high for 2015 but the prices for this year are over £500 less than last year,

Hi,

Is it easy to get an already booked cruise cheaper if the price comes down in the Princess Sales.? What do you do ?

Thanks

Hi,

Is it easy to get an already booked cruise cheaper if the price comes down in the Princess Sales.? What do you do ?

The rules vary by country. Some have posted in the UK it is only possible up to 6 months in advance, but I do not know if this is the case.

The price reduction does not come automatically. You have to figure out on your own if there is a lower price and make sure it is not just for new bookings.

Then call your TA (or Princess if you did not use a TA) and ask for the reduction.

Please note that lower pricing may come with different or less incentives than the booking you originally had and to get the lower pricing you may lose any incentives that were on the original booking. For example, if your original booking came with Princess OBC and the new pricing does not have that OBC, you would lose the OBC.

Edited by caribill

Hi,

Thanks

We got 40% off the original fare in 2 price drops, one outside of the 6 month window and the second, and larger reduction, in Jan this year for a May cruise. Even our TA was surprised that we got the second so easily, we did have to forego the extra OBC or free parking but that was peanuts compared to the saving.

However this years prices are so high compared to Celebrity, nearly £1000pp on similar Fjords northern atlantic cruises in June 2015 so, since we prefer Eclipse to Caribbean Princess anyway, we chose the cheaper price.

I will be watching Princess for price drops, and monitoring CC to see how successful people are in getting their price reduced, with interest.