At the End of Your Cruise?

sail7seas

I close it.

Call me jaded, but I wouldn't put it past some people walking down the passageway to take the bathrobes to bring home as a "souvenir" and end up with me being charged for them.

I don't think it costs the cabin stewards much time to open the door when they come to flip the cabin.

I would think it is hard to leave a door open, they usually swing shut, unless you put a wedge in the door to keep it open.

We closed the door or it closes behind us. We look for the steward so we can give him/her an extra tip and let the staff know we are out of the cabin.

We have nearly 50 cruises, never been charged for anything missing after the fact.

I vote for ALWAYS closing the cabin door. I will leave the little tag in the key slot that says "Service Please" or something like that so they know we are gone.

I've always assumed that once we've had our card scanned that last sad time, some sort of notification goes to the room stewards that we are off the ship and, therefore, our cabin is empty.

We normally close ours too..

We look for & give the Stewards the extra tip with a Thank You note, the night before debarkation..

We also normally debark late since we don't have to make a flight.. Usually while we are out for breakfast, the stewards have already started to work on our cabin as we only leave our hand luggage in the cabin..

Betty

I would think it is hard to leave a door open, they usually swing shut, unless you put a wedge in the door to keep it open.

We closed the door or it closes behind us. We look for the steward so we can give him/her an extra tip and let the staff know we are out of the cabin.

We have nearly 50 cruises, never been charged for anything missing after the fact.

HAL cabin doors stay open unless the motion of the ocean closes it while cruising.

We always close our door when we leave for the reasons others have given.

We would not want someone roaming in and helping themselves to robes, binnoculars, ice bucket.....anything. We wouldn't want to be 'blamed' for removing it. We've seen too many ill mannered folks on cruises in recent years to not imagine some prankster could get into all sorts of mischief. Why take the chance?

Neptune/Pinnacle Suites can ask for early debark and be listed for it but can leave at a later time. I imagine it is likely the same for most on the ship. Stewards don't know when you are leaving just by color/number if many of us stay later than our color would indicate we are leaving.