Thoughts on Different Ships

Hello all,

My bf and I have sailed on the Freedom last year, are doing the Liberty in 2 weeks(yeah!!!) and have already decided we want to do another trip Feb of 2015.

We're trying do decide which ship to do next and were curious to read what others who've been on several of them had to say.

We're in our late 40's, fairly active, prefer the My time dining, pretty good at 'going with the flow'(if we don't feel like dressing for formal night, we'll do casual and skip the dining room)and try not to let little things ruin our trip. eg: kids, missing a show, having an excursion cancelled, rude people etc.

So what were your favorite ships and why, what were your least fav and why?

Any thought, opinions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I prefer the open Solarium on the Voyager and Freedom class ships. Radiance class have a "retractable" roof in the Solarium, which is never opened, so you can't tan in there. I like being able to have a quieter, adult area for sunning.

I prefer the open Solarium on the Voyager and Freedom class ships. Radiance class have a "retractable" roof in the Solarium, which is never opened, so you can't tan in there. I like being able to have a quieter, adult area for sunning.

Radiance class ships do not have a retractable solarium roof - those are only found on Vision class ships.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

In my opinion the best option for February is the Southern Carib. out of San Juan. Your assured of 7 warm days, 5 ports plus San Juan!

This week they struggled to fill the Jewel and had to drop prices to $299!!

I just sailed Carnival Valor of San Juan in Feb for cheap and found a deal on a non stop flight. If you ever get the chance -jump on it

Currently Jewel outside rooms for 369 on April 19. I may have to go back!

San Juan, Puerto Rico; Tortola, British Virgin Islands; Philipsburg, St. Maarten; Basseterre, St. Kitts; Roseau, Dominica; Bridgetown, Barbados; San Juan, Puerto Rico

We're trying do decide which ship to do next and were curious to read what others who've been on several of them had to say. Thanks

I'm in my late 40's and quite active too. I've sailed every class of ship. My cruising 'career' started out with sailing on almost every Voyager class ship and all 3 Freedom Class... and then I got on Majesty to give it a try, had a blast!! Rhapsody to Alaska was also excellent. Enchantment to Bermuda/Boston/RI was also a great ship.... and then Radiance in Australia was somewhat of a disappointment.

I believe I am one of the few here on CC who believe the Radiance class ships are at the bottom of the heap in the RC family. I find the layout to be less appealing than the rest of the ships, the pool deck is horrible for the size of ship and number of passengers, the "sport" court area is a joke also. A couple of the main show bars/lounges are not in open viewing areas. However what I did love about this ship overtop of any other class was the open café at the back of the ship. The Viking Crown with the rotating bar and excellent dance floor was also much better imo than any of the "dungeon" nightclubs on Voyager and higher for me also. I feel the Radiance Ships are absolutely outstanding for "inside" itineraries like Alaska, Norway and Baltics for example where the pool deck is not used as much... but a poor choice for the Caribbean and sun destinations. Radiance Class ships have tons of open glass areas to see outside when you're inside the ship (unlike the Promenade in Voyager and above).... perfect for cold itineraries.

All in all, and comparing everything, I personally like Vision Class ships over the Radiance Class. My #1 favorite is still Voyager Class with Oasis as a very close 2nd.

If you're looking for something different, there's been a lot of posts/discussions regarding the Vision of the Seas in recent months with new post-revitalization pictures and reviews. Do a search and you should find quite a bit of recent stuff. I recommend looking at some of the excellent prices offered by the Vision coming up in FLL and Tampa... Vision does it's excellent 7-day 4 port itinerary to Roatan/Belize/Costa Maya/Cozumel during the month you're looking at (Feb 2015).

Whatever you decide, have an awesome cruise :D

I personally like bigger ships better, because they have more to do. I particularly like Flowriders, which are only on limited ships. I found that due to the fact that there are two Flowriders, I like Oasis-class better than Freedom-class, because I get more time on the Flowrider.

I prefer Voyager class and larger also. I was simply commenting that the Radiance class ships do have a retractable canopy over the solarium.